(OOC) New SDM and some insight on where things are going

• Greetings everybody!

Jiyyd is in sore need of an SDM. Yes, I've decided to step up to the plate. However, there will be some caveats to this arrangement. Basically, I'll be handling administrative stuff for Jiyyd on the whole. Things like PRC requests, rebuild requests, deciding on town changes, etc. Instructions on submitting stuff to me will be at the end of this post.

What I cannot promise, however, is being able to run regular plot events. I just know that I'll flub it. Let's be honest; I'm struggling to wrap up my current little plot as it is. This isn't to say I won't run anything, just that it'll likely be one shots at random intervals. Other DMs, of course, are allowed to run events (with my rubber stamp of approval). And I certainly hope some do.

So, new SDM, new changes, right? Right. However, most of the changes you'll see to Jiyyd aren't because I'm at the helm. The staff has come together and made some decisions that are just now starting to make it into the module.

I'm sure you noticed in the recent build announcements that Jiyyd is now the newbie starting town. Yes, Jiyyd will be groomed to fill the role of being the prime starting place for newbies. This will include surrounding spawns. It won't all be push over goblins or the like of course, we do have some mid-level spawns planned also to encourage exploration as newbies turn into seasoned adventurers. Automated town quests are in the works, no ETA on that. Don't ask me for an ETA, I'll announce it when it's ready.

Storyline-wise, I will warn you that I'll be going over the Jiyyd wiki entry. As some of you may be aware of, I've been trying to research the original back story to Jiyyd as well as some major events that happened on in Narfell's earlier years of Build 8. Expect the wiki to be updated with this information. I'm sure there'll be some differences compared to what previous SDM have stated, but that's because not all of them had some of the info I've dug up. Don't worry, it's not a stark change. Think of it as a refocus.

For Silver Valley, I've got no plans as of right now. I'm perfectly content to let Scutum be the (unofficial) DM of right-sized folk. That does not include PRCs, rebuilds, etc. That stuff should still be sent my way for approval or denial.

How to submit requests and the like to Kallethen

First, are you a Jiyyd citizen? That would mean having Jiyyd citizenship papers. If you are not… why the heck are you wanting to send it to me?! Go find out who the SDM of your town is, or just try the narfellstaff@gmail.com account.

If you are... Okay, let's talk turkey. You've got two options:

• Email the request to narfellstaff@gmail.com,
    • Email the request to kallethen@gmail.com AND have [Jiyyd] in your subject line. Yes, I'll be picky about that [Jiyyd] tag. Don't cry to me if your email gets lost.

In either cases, make sure to follow the proper form for the request. I'll return requests that don't have the necessary information and ask you to redo it.

That's all for now. Happy gaming everybody!