Tea with Ari

• Tala sits easily across the small fire having poured a mug of tea for herself. Her cup is wooden and has scorch marks as if having been dropped into a fire. She lays out some tasty treats to share with Ari, ginger cookies, sweet nutty bread, some smoked meat. The tea is a light one full of mint and herbs. She speaks slowly as if considering each word.

You are Adlanail and Karion's friend Arienaria. (sp?) I remember meeting you a few times when I was new to the Narfell valley. I doubt you remember me. I was just a (newb) quiet awkward girl. I seem to recall meeting you after you'd gone on a battle with Equinox and several others.

She smiles warmly and sips her tea.

• An unseen watcher watches her.

• Ari listens quietly. She finishes her tea, thanks Tala and heads off towards the training area.

She can be seen training her bow and blades, though if she is noticed she tends to finish and move off,

• Tala's eyes well up with tears as she speaks of Grivel, a rare sight.

He was the first elf to befriend me. I am not sure if there is a more wonderful elf than he. He made it ok for me to be pauses me. He was taken too soon. I try to take comfort in the tree and for years I have mourned his loss. I like to think he'd be proud of me though.

Equinox was back for a time, but then he took off on another length journey. He wasn't the same when he came back this time though or perhaps he was and I did not know him well before.

Adlanail breaks my heart. We need to rescue his friend and return his memories. At the least we need to forge new ones with him.

As for welcome or not in the den, if the pack leader says you are welcome then who are you to nay say that? looks at her the corners of her mouth quirking

• softly I have settled here for the moment. brushes the back of her hand across her eyes I can not live in Norwick any more…....and the stone city has ever seemed uncomfortable for me - the trees are too sad...

Karion again the hint of heroworship has offered me sanctuary at the den - but I do not like to intrude - the wolves have work to do that does not need to be distrubed or interrupted by my problems voice trails away

Grivel's tree is indeed a wonder a few tears fall unnoticed from her eyes though for all the wonder I would rather have my friend back, to sit on the rock and talk, to advise me of what to do.....voice breaks off and she stares into the flames, her tea cup forgotten for the moment so many gone that I must learn to let go again.......

• You should come to the den more. There is plenty of room. It is likely a safer place to camp than in the woods. Arandor, Star, myself, Sarah'linae, William, Rhistin we all regularly travel south to then living half our time here and half there.

Have you seen Grivel's tree? It is a wondrous thing. her eyes soften and get a bit dreamy I doubt Meilikki will do such for me when I pass, but it is one of the most profound things i have experienced in my life. The first was when Meilikki herself answered my prayers. Of course there is always the birth of ones children too.

• I will do all I can to help Adlanail - the loss of his memories tears at me more than my own - to see him hold a lute as if for the first time closes her eyes briefly it pains more than just me I imagine.

Karion again the hint of heroworship has been very kind to me - I wish there was some way to repay him. His was one of the few memories left to me during voice trails off small smile flashes across her face he has ever looked out for me.

• you gave everything… to ask more would be cruel. He should not have left you then nor again left or yet again now returned when you are still not whole. I am speaking as a woman and not one of the red and gold of course.

I hope you will help Adlanail regain his memories now that you have regained yours. smiles a bit and changes the subject to something less heart wrenching Karion was very happy to hear of your return and devastated by the loss of your memory.

• looks into the flames He found me..voice trails off

He took me to Lady Daisy, and with Tyr's assistance and a beseeching of Mielikki my memories were returned she presses a hand to her chest for a moment

He should not have left the red and gold, especially not in a time of trouble…...he has promised a half chcked sob and small hestitation before continuing promised to return and do all he can to continue the work of the red and gold.

looks up briefly I did not know he would do that - please ask for forgiveness for me from the others returns her gaze to the flames

more matter of factly I have given him all of the orders items to return. sadly I have nothing left to give them.

• Tala nods slowly and smiles sadly at her

My name is Tala. I am Pack Leader to the Wolves and I do wear red and gold as Amissa asked me to. I have a daughter named Amissa, one named Star, another named Sarah'linae and a son named Elrin. Do you remember Arandor?

she pauses a moment and waits to catch Ari's eye

He searches the land for you. He has left the red and gold in a time of trouble to look. I have not seen him since I last saw you in Norwick. I do not think he will ask you to come back and if he does you could say no. He should never have left you.

she looks to her sympathetically offering a calloused palm as if to hold her hand

• nods slowly I am Arianeria, though mostly I am called Ari. Karion hint of heroworship as she speaks his name and Adlanail are friends of mine. As was Equinox Stargazer.

I remember your face, but sad tone I didn't remember your name. I do remember that you wear the red and gold.

Meets your eyes for the first time with an unshuttered gaze, hers are pain-filled and haunted I can not go back. obliquely He will.

drops her gaze and sips at her tea.