The fog is real, very real.

• As a courtesy to players, I am giving forewarning that new scripting systems have enabled the DMs to make the fog of Norwick at night actually inflict damage to players.

How much, and how often (and actually at what time of day), is all configurable on the fly.

I suggest you stay indoors at night whenever possible.

• I can tell Lucid how to set up the NPCs so they go inside at night.

• I alwasy give a warning before the fog hits. And I tell people 'ignore the npcs'.

• Another thing I trust will be taken into account is bystanders. We've had the gates and town still guarded by NPC militia at night ICly, and several normal townsfolk (the gypsy girl, Alora, etc) stay out as well, although whether they do ICly is more open to question. Players may (quite logically) base a decision on whether to stay in or go out on whether or not the NPC a few feet away (who is ICly like them a perfectly normal person who should be affected by the exact same things) is being bothered by it.

-Lagermane

• I would hope that DM's would be sensitive to folks spawning in the middle of town. Otherwise, the great hall could be a new spawn point if that makes sense. The Inn is no-longer there IG.

• Is it possible, in that case, to have players transition to an indoor area in Norwick when they join the game from the lobby ? Might save a few newb deaths.

A nice yellow warning message with discriptions on the pain felt "In Character " and helpful hints to GET INDOORS…might go down well too when you transition into the outdoors maps . 😄

Or is that too much work :x