An odd gem

• Kaona grins around at everyone gathered at the fires. Slowly she unclenches her left hand from the light fist that she keeps it in now. As she raises it up to show those gathered, the cold blue gem embedded in her palm glints in the firelight. Trailing up her forearms are odd blue veins that come from the gem itself. Even her fingernails have been turned blue.

I am sure by now that you have all heard the tale of how this happened. So, I won’t bore you with it again. No, it doesn’t hurt…it just pulsates and every now then I can hear Mara still crying…and, no, I don’t know anything about it really yet…

Still with a grin playing across her face, she leans back on her hands to wait for the usual antics around the fire seemingly done with that topic. Her left hand has already unconsciously curled back into a loose fist.

• Tarrant leans forward, eye's narrowed. He eyes the stone, and the malformed arm intently, as unsure as usual about odd happenings. He leans back against a nearby log, his head resting into his hands as he thinks through of what he's just seen. He finds it hard to believe that two sould could share the same body. But he now understands Kaona's sadness and the clentched fist which he had earlier taken as a sign of anger. Now, he wonders, what will come of Kaona and the new addition to her body?