El's Journal: The Search for Destiny ... & Kithanas

• I dont know why I write this… Maybe in search of something ... maybe in search of myself? or Destiny .... It happend so long ago ...

I am Elithrandir the elf and I have made norwick my home for almost a decade now. Yet this story begins almost 3 years ago when me and my soon to be wife Destiny Wildfist were so cruelly parted......

I can remember it like it was yesterday. The months had been hard on me and my lover destiny. I had been put in norwick jail for killling my demon child, a spawn of the evil god Bhaal. It was a difficult choice, choose between a spawn child and my lover. I chose Destiny. It had been very eventful. After I was exonerrated for that ridiculous murder charge in that fiasco with our child, me and destiny left norwick to wander the great forest - The Rawlinswood....

After an odd encounter with a goblin raiding party, me and destiny decided to get back to norwick for some rest. However I found that Destiny needed more than rest from me, she needed me. In a lustfilled hunger she lured me to a room where we spent our passions and were rudely interrupted by this ugly looking gnome who instead of aplogizing and leaving immediately stood there leering at us!

Destiny, ever the wild one, demanded an apology, and when none was forthcoming, went running after the gnome sword in hand. I quickly pulled on my clothes and rushed after the nakedly armed woman and the fleeing gnome... The gnome was more than a match for Destiny in terms of running, and soon we had made it to the outskirts of norwick past the gates ... and then when we were outside the gates- ambush!

The vile gnome had tricked me and destiny and had a freind waiting.... This ironclad assassin accomplice was no stranger to warfare and soon I found myself locked in a fight to the death with this metallic armoured creature ... I screamed for destiny but she ran away bleeding from several wounds she received from some of the gnome's skillful thrusts and she fled into the rawlinswood....

I, El, barely escaped myself only to find destiny missing. That would be the last time I ever saw her. I left norwick certain I could track her down but for the last three years I have not found her. Finally I steeled myself a few months ago and returned to norwick. I think I have let her go and I did spend the last few years grieving. I did not recognize many faces but I did run into some old freinds.... including that lovalble oaf Klaz!

I have even started to go back to my dry witted self, but my sadness for destiny was still there. But that is when my story changed ... or should I say got better ...

I decided to stay in norwick this time and it didnt take me long to make new freinds.... In a expedition to collect spider silk near the gypsy camp I was wounded and this beautiful wild looking elf came upon me as I lay bleeding on the ground and she healed me ... She had an enormous panther that trailed after her ... but she was so beautiful ...

I found that I grew a liking to her immediately. I dont know why but I have never considered anyone else apart from myself but I felt something for this elf. I found out through some gossip work that she did in fact have a lover so I was content to be her freind. This elf puzzled and intrigued me. She was really innocent and was obviously not exposed to many of the evils of the world and so I found myself in many situations where we had to resue her from something or another.

I also found out that there seemed to be a werewolf creature that had inhabited the town and was after this wild looking elf. Apparently the creature was devious enough to lure the wild elf and infect it with lycanthropy but she managed to cure herself. I knew that I would probably be no match for the werewolf but decided that for the first time in my life, I would give my life in order to protect this wildelf, even if it meant sacrificing myself defending her against this werewolf creature. The days turned to months and I made new freinds ... The archer Green, the halfling Druven, the elves Callon and Thaeyu, the cleric Feb among a few but this wild elf still continued to intrigue me......

Then one day, I had found out that she had broken up with her lover and in a twist of events I found myself, Thaeyu and Callon defending her againts an ogre that wanted to rape her. We slew the mighty Ogre, but not after a barrage of arrows and being wounded severely ....

Then once again, this exotically beautiful creature held me in her arms and healed me. She smiled at me and told me in her weird form of elvish speech confided into me that she liked me. I dont know but I think I felt a warm sensation? Could it true dear reader? That I Elithrandir the theif, the scoundrel, the rogue had finally succumbed to that weak emotion called love? I tried to deny it. I purposely avoided her but the gods were cruel and I found myself making excuses to see her and spending more and more time with her. I must admit, I even thought less and less like a theif and more and more like a bloody guardian and protector! She was affecting me so! I found out that not only was I attracted to this elf but her former lover was pleading with her to take her back! Pangs of guilt went through me but I kept ignoring it as best I could ... I did infact want them to get back together at first, so I could finally justify leaving her but this wild elf seemed to like me.... Finally I could not handle it anymore and we expressed our love together in the druid grove......

It seemed that I had finally moved on from the shadow of Destiny and for the first time in my life I was content. Know that I, El, prince of the moonwood elves, theif and scoundrel, protector of Norwick, can be found at the lake or the druid grove : Home of the druid Kithanas .....