Thoughts on improving Norwick's current defences

• After many evenings of making short patrols outside Norwick's wall and places of construction of new towers and walls, the one eyed swordsman approaches Dwin to propose a simple suggestion.

"….Perhaps you could build a moat around the town...to the south in particular. I know not how much man power, resources or time it will need to take to prepare a moat but one that is waist level of an average bugbear would suffice.

The body of water should be filled in with... unfriendly habitants to discourage them from travelling across it aside from slowing them down. In addition, it can be use for defensive purposes if one pour flammable liquid to such body of water which will create a wall of fire that will... make it inconvenient for them.

Also, it would be best to extend the line of defence beyond the lake if possible at all so as Norwick's forces will have enough space to fall back to a second defensive line instead of making a final stand in its first battle by relying simply on Norwick's walls."

• "It be best to be prepared for any possibility that may come. It is the same as watch towers are easily taken down within range easily by fireballs or siege weapons. So including another defensive factor for Norwick may be beneficial especially during the unpredictable turns in war.

Regardless, for the mages to manipulate the earth they must be within range and sight. The distance I believe would be enough for Norwick's archers to take them down.

Its is a proposal nonetheless, and you are the only one who knows better the priority in which the resources must be allocated in the defence, so I leave it to your own judgement."

• Ezachiel walks up to them.

Once my work in Jiyyd is done, I would be glad to assist with any digging.

• Hmmm…

All those wigglers in Jiyyd... they are movin earth like its nuthin at all. Ya think one o them could do the same to build a moat?