"Sample Day": Introducing new form of ration to No

• A group of Guardians are found one day dressed in flowery aprons in the militia's mess hall demonstrating a new kind of 'military ration'. Horbag armed with a rolling pin in one hand is seen to be the leading chef of the group, standing in front of a wide table basked with flour and a mountain high of dough. There she began to introduce the Norwick militia's chefs a peculiar Kara-tur receipi known as 'noodles' while Zoma stands by her side began to explain how it is prepared as well as its brief origins and how it played an important role in the Kara-Tur's army.

"Dwin had invited us to introduce a new form of ration to the Norwick's militia in the coming event of war. Unlike most commonly known rations, this one is able to be stored for a far long period of time.

….As you see, it has an unusual.....shape that takes form of a thin strip of unleavened dough in its final state, processed by the instrument that Horbag is currently putting the dough inside. This....is what the Kara-Tur people eat these as a form of daily food as what you all eat bread. "Noodles" is the name given to this food by foreigners."

Following that, Ragnhild began to carry the processed noodle strips that had already been arranged into sets of circular forms, proceeding to deep fry them in a cauldron of hot oil in an excited manner, giving the spectators an amusing image of a hungry goblin cooking its victim. Zoma then picked up a circular fried noodle in hand that had already been cooked before hand.

"This is the actual form of how a Kara-Tur ration looks like. And if you wonder how does one eat something like this, no you aren't going to eat it like this. This…..form simply ensures that the noodle will be kept for a long time in the storage. As how it is to be eaten..."

Zoma then dropped the piece of hardened dried noodle into a soup bowl, gesturing Horbag, who had been ladling another cauldron filled withsoup that had been mixed with dried vegetables, chicken bones and various seasonings to fill the bowl up.

"This… is how it is to be prepared, leave the noodle in the hot soup for two minutes while stirring it and... it is done. How to eat it? With a fork of course.

As Dwin is curious of the feedback of the introduction of such ration, he has instructed that all Norwick militia members are to be served with this ration for two days.

For... the local townsfolk of Norwick curious of trying out this noodle, Misty will be serving these noodles in the Boarshead for free for the... time being. However... do note this is a military ration and may not be up to par to one's taste.

If the feedback is favourable, this will be introduced as one of the standard ration in Norwick during the conflict. Its quick ease of preparation and long durability in storage may... be of an advantage in the coming war with the orcs."

Zoma concluded the cooking session and with the rest of the Guardians, began to serve the tired and hungry militias who had just arrived into the mess hall just in time for their dinner.

//For those curious how the taste will be like, its more or less like instant noodle. Just healthier since its made from natural product.

• "…Norwick noodles it is."

_Following Dwin's decision, Horbag could be seen carrying the instrument that is responsible for producing long thin strips of noodles out of dough into the crafting hall located in Norwick for duplication purposes.

Immediately after that, she began to teach the militia in charge of producing rations how the instrument operates and maintained as well as a revision of the steps of the production of noodles._

• What taste?

shrugs Better than hard tack, anyway.

• Let's go with it!

For those that dont like the taste… its surely better than starvation.

Just one thing though... I would like to refer to them from this point onward as "Norwick Noodles." It will be much more acceptable to the populace than something that sounds like its from so far away.

• "Its been….several weeks since the distribution. I....noticed that everyone has several creative means in eating their rations.

Dwin, what do you think of the Kara-Tur ration? If the feedback had been successful, we best start preparing more and begin stocking up the military ration for the time to come."

• Neal takes a taste of the Noodles at the Boarshead and speaks to Misty

"In comparison to the military rations I've tried, I would take these any day. However, I think that my dear Misty you could have a wonderful opportunity to expand on the recipe. I think some oregano and dill spices would flavour it up quite nicely. You could even try some of the noodles in a chicken broth for a soup I wager. I'll throw a few ideas and some pictures for your menu if you'd like to try something new."

He leaves and returns the next day with a dinner menu with three drawings and instructions on how to make each item on a separate sheet of paper

Neal's Nude Noodles - Plain noodles bathed in a buttery sauce and spiced with a splash of salt, ground pepper, and dillweed. Served with a side salad of fresh greens.

Rothe Noodle Surprise - A mixture of ground rothe meat, tomatoes, onions, and red peppers, spiced with oregano and cayenne pepper, on a bed of freshly cooked noodles.

Chicken Mage Soup - Chunks of chicken cooked in a chicken broth and fresh spring water brought to a boil with shortened noodles, carrots, potatoes, celery, and onion. Spiced to your delight, usually best with a hint of Sage, Pepper, Salt, or Lemons.

• Genzir, upon hearing about this, suggests that the militia talk to the druids and get their help collecting the right mushrooms.

• Calendel frowns at the number of people coming into the Friars lately suffering from mild poisoning due to wild mushrooms being placed in soups.

• Hearing about the new rations, Genzir gets a few samples of the dried noodles to take back to Spellweaver Keep, rubbing his hands together excitedly.

I bet Josephina would know what to do with these…

Days later, he comes back with a large pouch of dried mushrooms, and hands them out to any willing soldiers.

Just throw these in the broth, they should reconstitute very quickly and add a nice flavor.

He demonstrates by adding a few to a bowl of noodles and tossing in some slices of a hard sausage.

We grow them in the Keep's garden, but you should be able to find more in the woods around here.

• Zoma watches the pride of Kara-Tur's delicacy being butchered to be Narfellenised with a hint of disbelief and eventually with a resigned look says:

"….No matter, so long as its main function of being a ration stands."

• "Maybe should serve them my usual style cooking, Zoma? Think after crunching on coal-coated meat, they be all enthusiastic over this noodel business."

Ragnhild giggles and slurps up a forkful of noodles, before overhearing the ale comment and going wide-eyed with delight.

"Oohhh, boil in ale… now that be vhat I call an idea! Horbaaag! Cloudberri! We have experimental cooking to do!"

• "….Did I mention to them that rations are....supposed to taste....something along the lines of unimpressionable?"

• Mord eats a bowl of the noodles along with the other officers. He shrugs as he finishes it then heads out to his round, seemingly not impressed.

• I am surprised Dwin didn't try boiling them in ale.

:;shrugs::

Well, it tastes better then the create food and water spell.

• Dwin tries 3 of them in different fashions:

First he tries one in the prescribed fashion. Like Lucid, he adds several spices to it, and finally a splash of dark ale. He rates it a 3.5 out of 5. "Tastes bland, but soldiers are used to worse."

Next he takes one that has been heated with hot water. he drains the water and adds some cheese and reheats it, misxing it all up. Not bad. he gives it a 4 out of 5. "i could eat this every day"

Finally, He takes a pile of the fried noodles and does not do anything except pour some honey all over them. He jams the whole sticky concoction in his mouth. He rates that a 5 out of 5. "Ole Maythor will never eat another cookie after he tastes this!"

• Calendel, looking at the new menu item in the Boarshead recalls to some of the locals how all the Kara-Tur he ever met in his travels were all fat and chooses to stick to his meat and vegetable meals.

• the chancellor has a go at the noodles at the boarshead. Bite by bite the pale elf keeps adding something to the bowl: pepper, a pinch or two of salt, then a random selection of what spices he can find in the kitchen. When hes done, the elf just looks at the bowl with disappointment…

e) Well, that was rather bland.

…and with a slight shrug, goes back to his bottle of wine for the evening.