The first Defiler's war - Narfell's first era.

• Many winters went by since blood was shed on the sacred altar of Sylvanus and that darkness rose from the lost city to cover the once quiet forest known as the Rawlinswood.

Unbeknowst to all, a war was on the edge of dawn for the barbarian outlet of western Narfell, soon the barbarian drums of those who settled in Norwick would once again be heard resounding troughout the land.

A new ennemy had risen…. an ennemy that would make Narfell tremble to it's core.

Heroes were born and walked under the banner of Mystra and Sylvanus to bring this Defiler to it's knees, Heroes that moved on, Heroes that died. Tales were woven, of love, hate, sacrifices and betrayal. Smiles and tears, both were shared, by those who lived to see the time of what would be later known as : The first Defiler's war.

I was, by luck or fate, allowed to live trough those times and now, to all those who camp at my fire, to tell the tales that went by.

Unfortunately, I am but a man of the wood and unlike my elven friends, for whom this story is yet but a drop of water in the sea, my days are coming at an end. Age has caught up with me, and my memories have started to fade. This be the why, on this beautiful day of late Flamerule, I am asking you, friends who shared with me, those times of hopes and despair, to help me recall this time of legend, where shadows crept across the land, where battle were fought over Norwick's gates. So that all who come now to our dear Narfell may know, that if unchecked, evil shall spread mercilessly and without end.

((I'm hoping anyone who played a character during the first Defiler's war, meaning from the rise of Kashan steel up to the showdown with the Defiler, his emprisonement in the crystal and it's eventual release may write a little bit of their experiences or stories during that era as so to make a recollection of Narfell's olden days. So that all of us might share the coming and going of so many good folks and tales of legends)).

• A couple of stories about the defeat of the Defiler by a few that were there.

http://www.narfell.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18542&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Notice how many times people died. Some never came back.

• (( sorry for the extremely late reply but… I haven't been the most active forum reader lately.

Interesting post, it's definitely Nimbrethil supported! 🙂

I must admit I never played any central (just barely observing) role around the early narfell's lore IG (was too busy killing other player characters according to the rumors), but I did read some about it on the forums, and with that said, I just had a "waaaaaait a minute"- experiences.

Remember the old forum Narfell used to have, the "black-flag" one or what was it called? in one of the first posts regarding the phoenix's guilds creation Kashan Steel covered most of the first known part of narfell's history in one of his posts. Not sure if it's still out there, cashed or as the 'real deal' but I'd love to get my hands on it. Wish I had an IG story to tell but I fear I missed out most of the Lore in-game except the parts Vinessa decided to share - something about machines under norwick, some device to control it.. Narfell really wasn't european friendly back then, or just very centrered around less twisted minds))