Chronicles of a Knight

• "Transceding History and the World, a tale of Souls and Swords eternally retold…"

The young knight finally reached the small village. This trip through the hail storm in a freezing night was not the easiest ever for sure. Almost unconsciously he reached for the tribal pendant hanging on his neck, squeezing it gently, thankful.

_The dawn hit the fields with its life giving light. The night, and the blizzard were part of the past now as the animals restarted their lives one more day, flowers bloomed and spinned, squirmed and twisted to face the Sun and receive its caring light.

The young knight did the same, in front of the flower that he had been visiting every so often practically since he arrived to the land of Narfell. The aster was growing strong, tall and proud, but the fallen petal, or the spot where it used to be… was not empty anymore. The young knight narrowed his eyes a little bit to focus on it and even more when spotted it clearly... a dark petal had bloomed, and was growing in the aster, next to the rest of petals._

• Good morning, young knight - Thierulf turned quickly his gaze upon the hill, where the voice was coming from.

• Ah… good day - he smiled and bowed his head in respect - what does this mean? - pointed to the black petal

• There are crossroads in your path, young knight - the celestial hound spoke calm and clear - crossroads where only you may choose your path.

Thierulf nodded, somehow grimly just for a moment - well, I can only say that I never knew with more clarity what is my path, and that I will never stray of it again. Never - He smiled after his last blunt word, relaxing.

The hound nodded and pointed to the black petal which fell in te grass - I hope so for you… for us, young knight. Take that petal as recall... you have yet to face an important challenge, and your future is uncertain.

The young knight kneeled and took the black petal, spending some time on beholding it, to then put it in an oaken box with the white petal that he already had, still fresh as if it just bloomed. Then looked up at the celestial hound - So you know about him?

• I know everything you see, hear or feel. I am you. But… I won't be able to help you in this challenge, for He has decided so. I will be watching however, may He find you worth and aid you in that troubled hour.

Thierulf nodded, and smiled softly - I have faith. I won't lose.

The hound nodded again, slowly - Go now young knight, and don't return until your challenge has been fulfilled. We'll talk again, then.

The young errant knight smiled - Farewell then. Until we meet again… may Lathander guide our steps.

He turned around as the sun rolled high, blazing. It was quite a sunny and warm day.. specially for Ormpur. The knight looked once more into the oaken box and blinked slowly, softly. He unseathed his zweihander from the studded leather strap hanging on his back, and departed, back to Jiyyd.

• The Questing Knight

_The young Errant Knight crossed once again the magnificient double gates of Darromar, his hometown. The capital of Tethyr was splendorous as always, although the recent wars had diminished it's usual grandeur. The streets were busy that day, since it was an important day for the city and it's proud Chivalry Order, the Order of the Silver Lances.

Today, some of the Errant Knights would be deemed worth and knighted as Knights of the Realm. Expectation built up around the holy chapel. The old warriors watched the new aspirants with a light smile, nostalgic and proud. The young ladies giggled and bounced around, judging who seemed more strong and more handsome, dreaming with marrying one of them some day.

Thierulf had been looking for his father, Captain of the 13th regiment of the Royal Chivalry of Darromar, without luck so far, but he knew that he'd find him at the ceremony, so didn't worry much over it. Also, he was turning 21 this day, so it was certainly a very special day.

The hour arrived, and the Captains took their honor seats, although Thierulf couldn't see his father taking his seat. The Champions proceeded to take their seats, followed by the Knights of the Realm and finally the Errant Knights. All of them stood once again to bow to the Master of the Order, Lord Tancred of Valen. The ceremony started as it's traditional with the Master's speech._

• Greetings Captains, Champions, Knights… and aspirants - looking over all the audience.

• We are gathered here today, to honor and knight those that have overcome their trial period, and have been deemed worthy by the Order of the Silver Lances - he gazed to the Errant Knights then - As you have seen the process of becoming a member of the Order of the Silver Lances is no easy task. Our testing is as difficult as we can make it for one simple reason: a member of the Silver Lances carries with him or her the Honor of His Excellence the King Jedrak III. Within the confines of our Realm, there can be no higher honor or duty. Thus our testing is as difficult as possible so that we may know the caliber of our potential members. At the moment of the kinighting the new knights will be given their silver lance. Every member of the Silver Lances is very proud of this honor. Having survived this trial period and proved yourself worthy is the reason for the deep bond between the members of the Order. There is not one member who would not drop whatever he or she was doing to come to the aid of another, no matter what the occasion. It is important to realize that the Silver Lances work very hard for the Realm of Tethyr. Most of the members have been officers of the Realm or served as Errant Knights. They have also partaked in many of the Silver Lances or Realm's events.

So, I will proceed to name now the aspirants that will be knighted today to uphold the ideals of Justice, Honor, Faith and Courage as Knights of the Realm.

The master cleared his throat to pronounce the names of the new Knights - Lady Larlana Hallow, Sir Thierulf Arguyle and Sir Gorthan Redhand. Please rise and step ahead. - The three candidates advanced to the steps of the small stairs, to then step on the platform where the Master awaited in the altar. Thierulf gave one more glance to check if his father was watching. He always wanted to prove his father that he could be a true knight, and he had achieved it. His father -had- to see it. But his father was not there - Kneel, Knight - said the Master as Thierulf's turn came - Hold a hand on your heart and the other on the Holy Tome, and repeat with me the vows of the Knight. - Thierulf felt the pressure going up, this was the moment he had been wishing all his life. He would be given his lance and warhorse… he was... a Knight. But his father wasn't there to watch it. What was wrong? The Master tapped Thierulf's shoulder to awake him from distraction, whispering - Come on son, don't ruin it all now. - Thierulf nodded and wholeheartedly, pronounced the vows.

**- Adress each Knight always with his proper title, that we may be reminded of the respect and honor due one another.

• Obbey the Knight of higher station in all things.

• Value the honor of our Order above our personal honor; value our Order above our lives.

• Render such aid to those in need as to a fellow Knight; indulge the ignorant or witless even unto a fault, but suffer no slur or insult to our honor from those who lack such excuse.

• Never violate an Oath you have sworn. Never take an Oath you know you can not keep.

• Engage the enemy forthrightly that he may know the origin of his doom; set no ambush nor indulge any base of trickery to overcome the foe.

• Give quarter to those who yield and render up prisoners in honorable exchange.

• Let no patrol or command be tainted with the stain of cowardice; once the enemy has been engaged, let him fall under our sword, or let us fall under his.

• Refuse no honorable truce or parley.

• Suffer not to shelter among us any who would violate, ignore, or dishonor this code.**

Thierulf took deep breath as it was done, before the Master spoke again, to make an important question, traditional, though rarely answered - Any of the new Knights wishes to become Questing Knight? - the Master proceed - As Questing Knight, and unlike Realm Knight, you will be free of order and command of the Realm. In exchange, you will have to give up your lance. A Questing Knight has two main goals. One is to fight the evil beyond the confines of our Realm wherever it lies. The second is to quest for relics forgotten or lost to evil, but still precious to your faiths, the Order or the Realm. The vows you just took will still apply in all cases, and you will still be required to aid your country if it's deemed necessary by the Order. The Quest Knight gives up his home and his lance, but in his holy quest can earn the title of Champion whilst Realm Knights can reach the position of Captains. I will make the question once more. Any of you wishes to become Questing Knight?

For some seconds that seemed to be hours, Thierulf debated himself wether or not accept this. He wouldn't have the honor to fight for his land, to protect it from evil, and he would have to leave his home again. He had been away long enough, five years with his grandfather learning martial arts and strategy, and three more as Errant Knight in the land of Narfell. In the other hand, he had left some things unfinished in that northern land. He had made friends, had known a lady which thought always brought a smile to his face even in most difficult situations, he had made enemies, one of which still had a pending debt, and… his father. His father hadn't come to the ceremony. Wasn't he proud of him? What was wrong? "Why stay at home, if my own father doesn't value me?" was the last though that crossed his mind before he raised suddenly - I want to become Questing Knight.

The Master gave a look at Thierulf - Are you sure, son? - Thierulf nodded, with detrmination - More than ever - The Master nodded slowly - So be it - the Master reached for a blue tabard embroidered in golden thread with a Fleur de Lys, symbol of the quest, also in gold on it, and gave it to the young Knight - May the gods watch over you, Sir Thierulf Arguyle, Questing Knight of Lathander.

Thierulf bowed his head respectfully and as the ceremony finished left the temple and Darromar, almost rushing. He had a new destination with an higher responsability, taking a way that he already knew well. The way to Narfell.

• [OOC]

It's been over a month since this was over, but only now I found time to finish the last part of it. It also brought me memories of all the moments that I lived and loved in the events here narrated. For that I want to give big thanks to everyone that did it and helped to make it a so great roleplaying experience.

• Kanen Hightower as Kanen Hightower

• DStalwarth as Sam Swarthout

• Arden Chasemoradin as Anna Siegerlson

• Lilfinker as Rick the Swift

• Riverthorn as Aaimie

• Tazlin as Arielle

• Ishar_Dragon as Ishar

• Strepsiades as Roland Brynmore

• Tigrelily as Tigrelily

• ShazamAzon as Khaya

• Vilehelm as Anakore

• Bottesini as Bottesini Lichmar

• Mejare as Merin Wyerspell

• Scutum as Scutum Hedges

• TKA2 as Juno Evenhart

• Wolfhere as Robyn Jähnsdotter

• Darkshadevar as Dark Angel DM

And of course, to all who in one way or another, even if not in main or big roles, partaked in it and make of Narfell the great roleplay server it is.

Thank you all, see you in Narfell.

[/OOC]

• The Fall of the Dark Cult Finale - Shane's Salvation

_The night was strangely quiet. No more shadows, assassinations, disappearances, undead… yet in the hearts of the victorious warriors there was void. Most of them dated theirselves for the next morning to start the search for the body of Lady Shane. Time was running against them.

Early in the morning, Sam, Merin, Bottesini, Kanen, Ishar and Thierulf with the recent joined lady hin Scutum that stumbled on the group by chance, departed to the Silver Valley from Jiyyd with digging equipment. At that point the hin Ginger joined the group. The search started around the shrine to the own Shane Andryl, but as it was built after her death, would be impossible that she would be buried there, so the search resumed along the valley. The first point to start searching would be where the battle that finished Lady Shane's live had place, but that happened before the Silver Valley was built, so the location could be accurate, but not certain. In the place where more or less it happened, Ishar started digging with the tools and Bottesini in the shape of an umberhulk with the complains of Ginger and Merin, seeing their vally being digged up, though they more or less could understand the hurry. The rest of knights guarded them, not being able to shake off the feeling of being watched. The Revenant was there probably, watching silently from the shadows.

After several failed wild attempts to dig the body out, a man was spotted stalking the group, and before he could react was pinned by one of the enormous claws of the umberhulk that was Bottesini. The man was giving somehow a feeling of not being just a passer by and was interrogated… he said to come from the woods where he had been living there long time; would be six years that night. Oddly, the exact same time that Lady Shane had been dead. When he was pointed that this was an awfully big coincidence, and after showing great interest for putting Shane's remains to rest, the man considered a few moments, and nodded to himself, leading the group to a hidden small crypt in the woods. He wouldn't reveal his true identity or even his name, and once he showed the place to the group, vanished, taking an oath from them not to reveal ever that holy place to anyone outside the group.

After the mysterious man gone, even if it was still sewing doubts in the minds of all, the attention turned to the sarcophagus. Bottesini opened it slowly, as the heavy stone of the cover rolled over the old coffin with a heavy sound. All the warriors expectant, peeking inside the sarcophagus to see its content… a fair, stern yet beautiful face was revealed, along with the complete body of the Lady Paladin Shane Andryl. Finally… the body was found and they had the gear with them... it was still dusk, so they were in time to fulfill the vow and put her to eternal rest.

Before doing so, Sir Kanen had the idea of, having time for it, try a sending ritual to contact Lady Shane and ask her if she wished to return to life instead. No one had objections so Khaya, Bottesini and Merin started a ritual to perform the comunication with the dead. After a few moments, the contact was reached, prayers could be heard all across the small mausoleum. It was accorded to make just three questions since the comunications with the dead are hard to hold and weakening. Lady Khaya, the one to make the direct contact with the dead, seemed in internal struggle, sailing through the darkness looking for the soul of the paladin, suffering espasms ocassionally, finally falling back, dazed. She blinked slowly at the questioning faces of the others and spoke, almost breathless._

• Something, someone… - taking breath - is blocking the way to her soul - no one could believe… it was almost unfair, a bad joke of fate to them - warning us… me... away from her with a vitriolic threat. - The faces of all there frowned as Lady Khaya spoke slowly - Her soul… I fear is... I know is... yet in peril.

_The time was running short since the seventh day was running, at midnight the time would be over so they decided to take the body of the Lady paladin with her gear to the temple of Helm, and then see what could be possibly done.

Some wild assumptions and plans were made, like Khaya pointing at the former and traitor High Watcher Garnendar as the one causing this soul lock, and Sam offering himself to go to the fugue to fight him if necessary. In the way back to the temple, the Revenant stood on a ridge, quietly, watching coldly as the group passed. Thierulf and Bottesini stopped to speak, but only got that they would get answers once the bargain was fulfilled. So they proceeded to the temple to conclude the ritual burial of Lady Shane's body and her ceremonial gear.

After sealing the door to the crypts with the remains of Lady Shane resting as she had wished and asked for, the Revenant appeared again. This time it gave a stone to Bottesini and let him know that through that stone, he'd find the way to the place where the paladin's soul was anchored, should he use it at midnight. Then, vanished forever, free. The mage nodded and assumed the responsability not wanting any partner for that trip. The knights gathered there decided to guard the paladin's earthly remains and the temple itself in the meantime, although some like Sam were not sure about letting Bottesini go alone.

Ishar stood inside the temple while Thierulf guarded the gates of the temple. The young knight of Lathander could just see distant lights in the far extreme of the town from the hill, probably enchantments being worked by the mages to gain access to wherever that stone would be key. Then, something strange happened. The temple, with part of the whole hill rumbled, the grass and the trees stirred as the walls of the temple grew a divine aura around them. Thierulf took a couple of steps back, watching startled. Helm… was guarding the temple Himself. And this would be probably a signal... the knights would probably be needed in other place. The knight turned his gaze to the place where the rituals were being performed, producing now a dance of dark lights that could be seen reflected all over the sky of Jiyyd. He unseathed his zweihander and ran down the hill to meet Kanen, Tigrelilly and Equinox. He arrived just in time to see Juno, enemy of the Knight of Helm, stepping inside the portal, still open. Something was keeping the portal open and was no time for hesitation… an enemy of Helm had just stepped in, and even if he was claiming to do it to aid the Lady Paladin... there was only a way to make sure that was so. Everyone entered the portal._

_Bottesini and Merin seemed stunned at the amount of people coming in, half wondering, half cursing. Kanen and Merin always had their diferences, and Juno was there, so was Equinox. It was certaily not a group of comrades, not even friends… but the portal closed after them, and now they did have something in common. The place where the portal and the stone led, was a part of the Shadow Plane... and now they were all there, together and somehow trapped. All did an effort to forget grudges while in that place to rescue the soul of Shane Andryl and look for an escape.As the old saying dictated "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". And the enemies started showing theirselves soon, in the form of shadows, materializing everywhere, swarming the warriors. They advanced hrough the shadow galleries with heavy trouble, since the shadow creatures were very powerful and numerous in their own home. All kinds of them in all shapes and sizes ambushed the warriors constantly cloaked in the constant magical darkness of the place. Shadows, Shadow Fiends, Shadow Mastiffs, Shades, Spectres and other aberrations of negative energy attacked from all sides as images like Kanen and Juno fighting back with back against the deadly creatures could be seen.

Finally, they arrived to some kind of shadow temple, always in a swift march since staying to fight was not an option… they could just not defeat all the shadows in the home of the shadows... but could hope to be quick enough to keep the ones that noticed them at bay and rescue the Lady Paladin in time. They followed the corridors of the shadow temple until they arrived to a dark shrine with heavy opossition. Greater shadows awaited with a powerful Shadow Fiend, who seemed to be the leader of that place. The battle was fierce and those with divine power claimed for their god's help. The words of Helm, Lathander and Torm resounded loud in the shadow halls and the swords in service of good did their job once more, without casualties._

_After the area was cleaned and secured, Bottesini noticed the presence of Shane's soul nearby, and in fact anchored on the altar. Several knights set watchs in each of the two entrances to the altar place and held the undead while the shadow bounds where slowly weakened by magic, and the holy words of Oghma, Helm, Torm and finally Lathander, breaking the seal.

The soul of the Lady Paladin showed itself, free but weak as the mage that was her husband tried to hold it. Emotions started rushing the hearts of all. She was finally free, now it all had been worth.

The spirit of the paladin blinked several times, grasping the sorroundings, looking at all the warriors there gathered._

• I must thank you… all... this torment has lasted enough. My debts are paid in the end. - said the spirit.

• Without you guidance. I would not have Helm's grace, of this I am sure - Replied Sam - Although… now is not the time for kissy face... we need to press out of here - added, before Bottesini made the question that all had been so wanting to hear the answer to.

• Do we bring you back with us to the living, or do you want to rest now in Helm's Halls? - Suddenly all was silence, not a single muscle moved.

The spirit closed its eyes taking a light breath to then speak slowly - I can not return. My time has been, and it has ended at His command… - smiled lightly - Just as I had wished for.

The mage nodded once - I understand… and now at least I know you will be happy.

_Most of the warriors didn't like the answer, but could perfectly understand it and support it. In turn, they all gave their last farewell, at least in life, to the spirit of the Lady Paladin, wishing the best for her. After the emotive words of each one and the replies of the spirit, all pearls of wisdom, it slowly faded to its eternal rest, its so well earned and deserved place next to Helm in his Halls.

Everyone ran back to the the place where the portal had been cast, and somehow it was again open there, for them to leave. The hand of Helm was indeed holding more than what could be asked in this day._

Back in Jiyyd, Bottesini held the shadow stone up, looking into it, nostalgic, as the sun gifted the land with its first beam. The warriors of good were all weary and drained, but every and each of them probably had the feeling of accomplishment, the feeling of having done something that is worth a life. Thierulf looked around and felt honored to have shared a battle and a victory with all who was there, each one in their way. With a smile that he couldn't erase, he left to the hills of Jiyyd to behold the Dawn. A Dawn that he would never forget.

The Fall of the Dark Cult - The End

• The Fall of the Dark Cult IV

The platform where they stood had the shape of a semicircle. the Black Knight was in the farthest point and the four cultists at his sides, two in each. The Revenant awaited in the middle, full armed, its face covered by a full helm.

• Well, well, well… so you've made it this far. But now you meet your end. - said the Dark Knight, quietly.

The atmosphere was heavy, almost could be felt its burden over the shoulders. The enemy was there. The one who had commanded Garnendar, and probably the current leader of the cult. The dreaded one that had defeated Lady Elinah and Sir Kanen before, that was arrogant enough to let them live with it, using them to his purpose. The cause of all distress and harm to the temple of Helm and the town of Jiyyd. And now he was there, at steel reach.

• Free Shane, banite - commanded Kanen.

The Black Knight smirked - I'm afraid I can not do that… she will fulfill my command - he directed his word to the Revenant now - have you heard? kill them.

Anna had been building up hatred towards the Black Knight and with impressive authority ordered - Shut up. Don't say a word more, you are warned - and the he didn't say a word more, though one would say that was an act of self confidence an arrogance, more than fear or respect to the threat. Now at least the group had a chance to speak to the Revenant, and if something of the lady paladin of Helm remained inside it, try to rescue it.

Quickly, those that knew Lady Shane in life, stepped ahead trying to bring sense to her - Shane, we have come here for you - said Kanen, calmly - we know you are there Shane, listen to us - added Sam - Shane… I have come to fulfill what I promised - concluded Ishar, as the eyes of the vengeful spirit blazed with wrath, glacing at the paladin of Torm.

• You! You are the cause of this… you will not deny me, no... you will not deny me anymore.

• But… I haven't denied you, Shane... I... - the Revenant pointed at the paladin with its blade and spoke, almost hissing - take your sword. - commanded.

The Black Knight watched amused from a second plane as the Revenant took a step towards Ishar - I am not going to fight you, Shane - said the paladin - No! You will not deny me again! - yelled the vengeful spirit in wrath - You didn't fulfill your vow, and for it I became what I am! now take your sword! - But I've come to fix the harm done… not fight you... - The undead spirit took one more step towards the paladin of Torm, standing a couple of feet from him, waiting for Ishar to face it in duel, when he looked at the Revenant - I will not fight you… - suddenly, he guided the Revenant's sword burying it in his abdomen, before the stunned gazes of everyone. The paladin fell back, bleeding as the Revenant spoke, disappointed- Fool - the tormite fell back bleeding. Anna and Khaya hurried to heal his wound, closing it quickly before it was too late and helping him up.

By then, Kanen, Thierulf and Sam had flanked their enemies and watched the scene ready to act would it be necessary. Then, the knights of Helm and the paladin of Torm once again tried to gain access to whatever sensibility could remain in the vengeful spirit, sewing some doubts in its mind. The Revenant was now fighting inside between two options… fight the warriors there, who had come to free it, or not fulfill the command of the Black Knight, which could result in the fatal possibility of having to remain eternally in that shape. The Black Knight was quick te recall it that at that moment, he had the sword by the hilt, showing a holy symbol of Helm - You wouldn't want this destroyed do you? Would be a real shame. Now, kill them.

_That holy symbol was part of the vow taken by Ishar. He compromised to fulfill Lady Shane's last will in the hour that she sacrifized herself for the rest of members of the Order of the Divine Shield. The vow consisted in burying her body with her ceremonial armor, sword and holy symbol, like a true knight of Helm. Her last will that would ensure an eternal, peaceful retirement in the Halls of Helm, and that due to several circunstances couldn't be fulfilled. Now, the Black Knight was in possession of the ceremonial gear of the knight of Helm, and should any part of it be destroyed, the ritual burial would not be possibly done, forcing the part of Shane's soul that was the Revenant exist as such, in eternal struggle, never reaching the Halls of Helm and what was worst even. Never ever finding rest. The Revenant knew this, and thus its only hope was fulfill the Black Knight's commands until a chance to recover the ritual gear was given.

At that time, some in the group realized this, what until then probably only Ishar knew as confidential taker of the vow. Being the vengeful spirit struggling in what decission to take, almost stunned, Thierulf ran across the room to face the Black Knight_ - Hand over that amulet! - he said, not really hoping that the amuulet would be given, but more trying to provoke a situation where it could be snatched. Kanen and Sam joined instantly, seeing a chance now. After several threats from both sides, the Dark Knight found himself uneasy and sorrounded, and lacking the support of the Revenant now, still struggling in doubts, decided to finish the three knights himself, striking Sam first. Sam grunted as Kanen struck the Black Knight right after, while Thierulf tried to aim for his fingers to force him to drop the amulet. The rest of the group engaged with the cultists, battling fiercely once more. As Sam recovered from the harmful strike, found the Black Knight facing Kanen and struck him hard, forcing him on his knees, moment that Kanen used to smite him with divine wrath, diving his sword directly through his skull, putting end to his life. The rest of cultists around were dead by then… and the ceremonial pieces of the vow, intact.

The Revenant seemed relieved at the outcome as the warriors of good recovered Shane's sword, armor and holy symbol, and gave a final warning before vanishing, once more free of will, if true that yet chained to its sinister existence - Seven moons… fulfill the vow within seven moons. When the seventh day hits midnigth it will be too late - _And so it vanished in the shadows, leaving the body of the villager woman it had taken lifeless. The warriors took the dead bodies of the woman and the Black Knight. It was not all over at all. The Dark Cult seemed to have fallen in full but some questions remained, the biggest one being… if the body of Shane Andryl was not there… where would it be?

A victory bittered by the feeling of not being completly successfull. They'd need to find out within the next seven moons, or everything would have been worthless. But at least, this day they had won. The forces of good, united once more, defeated the dark cult, and although it was not time for celebrations since there was deep concern for the Revenant, that day was not a day to be forgotten._

• The Fall of the Dark Cult III

• Unfortunately, it's too late - concluded Garnendar.

• Speak, traitor - commanded Kanen - Where is the body of Shane? - the others closed around Garnendar.

• Shane? What Shane? - his face calm, except for the costant smirk.

• The paladin of Helm, Shane Andryl - replied the Knight of Helm, seeming to lose his patience.

• Ah… that Shane... - he mocked - Good question. Probably rotting in dark hole for the rats to gnaw on what remains of her skull

Barely able to hold himself, Sam tightened the grip on the banite priest's neck, about to sofocate him - Kill him! - shouted Ishar, from the back.

• Do you mean that you don't know where she is? - insisted Kanen - Then you are of no use for us. - concluded the knight, half sentencing, half threatening. The knight of Helm was interrupted by Khaya, who called him several metters away to have a talk.

• Are you going to kill me? - inquired the priest of Bane - You are going to die, now - replied Ishar instantly, raising his sword, Sam holding Garnendar for the paladin of Torm to give him the lethal slash - Stop! - said Thierulf - Kill him already - continued Arielle, impatient as to see his head rolling over the floor.

But Kanen and Khaya returned to the group - Wait, don't kill him. He knows the place and will guide us for his own interest - stated the Knight of Helm as Arielle left the group frustrated not seeing the traitor dead.

_Sam having already something personal with Garnendar offered to bind, gag and carry him. And the group moved forward by the only way, a doorway leading to another long corridor. The way turned to the left opening to a longer corridor with two doors at the left wall and one at the end. In the first door there was nothing but a strange shaft of light. Despite the efforts of everyone to find out what was its purpose, nothing was learned, so they advanced to the next. As Kanen touched the handle, a trap triggered and the ward damaged him, though nothing major. After some minor grumbling, they opened the door to find several bone creatures awaiting. They were not undead, though one would say so at first sight. Unlike simple skeletons, they didn't feel evil, but simple marionettes of bone commanded to attack trespassers. The warriors once more attacked, this battle being somewhat harder for being in a narrow corridor with the extra dificulty of having a doorway blocking the way. Kanen and Thierulf were first to hit with diferent results. While the knight of Helm ripped several ribs off the bone construct, the weapon of his comrade of Lathander sparked and bounced on the spine of a second creature. Soon arrived Anakore wielding a magical katana and Ishar wielding Anakore's powerful greatsword, who could damage eficiently the creatures and finaly destroy them. At this point was considered wise option to have Thierulf carried Garnendar and let Sam advance to the front, where would be more efective.

After defeating some zombies in the last room, the group took the stairs down, to the basement. This floor was built in one single huge circular room. The priest of Bane seemed somehow excited, or fearful in this area, wanting to remain in the back and seeming relieved himself as the warriors of good defeated the shadows that emerger from everywhere. Once The area seemed clean of hostility for a while, they put their attention on a sealed gate with symbols, and all gazes turned to Garnendar. He didn't want to speak or grant access to the group and only information he granted is that only undead could pass. Not even a strange mask designed and enchanted for interrogatories helped much… although finally the priest of Bane agreed with letting passage to the group. His hands were unbound and tied his feet together since he would need the hands to perform the opening ritual. He started moving his hands and muttering some words in an unknown language, when suddenly turned to the group to finish the prayer that he had been conjuring, Hammer of the Gods, targtting the middle of the group and hitting most of the group. While some struggled to recover from the stunning hit others managed to resist it and Sam was who finally smote Garnendar, driving his blade through his black heart with avenging wrath, giving him a quick, final death.

So there they were again, before a door magically sealed, without a clue about how to enter it. Then the old idea seemed the only at hand… and worth trying. Dispelling the wards and see the results. Lady Khaya performed the Dispell Magic prayer once more, this time very successfully. And even though some were of the idea of dividing the group and leaving some guarding the magical seal, finally all them stepped in. It was not time to separate. Together they went all this way, and together they would go to the end.

After a brief walk through some caves crawling with all kind of spiders, included an huge queen orb weaver, which was defeated with relative little trouble, the way led downside, to what looked like some kind of underground crypt. This new place was less taken care of. Seemed like some underground old ruins and the stench to death was almost stunning. Dark as ever, the dim light of the candles cast thin shadows on the wasted floor. The warriors advanced carefully through the narrow corridor and going around the first corner, found a terrifying creature. A metal guardian golem of aproximately eight feet stood in the way, challenging. The group closed files, remaining very close ones to the others at the vision of the construct when it left it's inactivity to charge on the warriors. They said their prayers and instead of receiving the charge, charged theirselves, clashing metals in the middle of the corridor. The shrieks of the limbs of the golem attacking and the metalic sound of the swords and armors in battle echoed along all the corridors and halls of the underground ruins. Not a single warrior in the group failed to aid in the battle against this overpowering, fierce creature. And although some of the warriors were very close to fall fighting, none stepped back. The construct hit bluntly, fiercely, swinging its large arms brutally, but the warriors of good fought with courage, determination and partnership in a long battle that seemed to last forever, forcing the creature at one point to kneel, beaten. Most of its chest's metalic cuirass was torn by the steel of the warriors and one of its arms hanging lifeless already. Then what served the creature as eyes, the two saphire lights inside its armoured head finally extinguished, slowly. The golem wouldn't move anymore. They had won.

All the warriors, more or less beaten tried to regain their breath leaning on the walls or their swords, the draining battle plus the long hours of quest behind were damaging their energy reserves. The priests aided the wounded the best they could, practically ending their casting reserves as well. But at this point, there was only one way. The way ahead. Rearmed as quickly as was humanly possible, they set and moved forth through the corridor, to meet whatever was laying at the end. After the long corridor the way opened again. This time was another big hall, lacking of wall at the opossite side. It did have several doors at the sides, which looked like cells. However, there was no time for inspections either, as some shadows started materializing escorted by more of the bonelings. Once again, each warrior performed their role, working together quickly and with eficacy. The weariness made this battle harder than what it could have been, but one more victory was achieved none the less. Ahead, only a hanging bridge over a pitch black pit that led to a platform. It could not be distinguished what there was in that platform, but there were several human-like figures and it was well lighted. In single file they all walked the long bridge to arrive to what was the end of that place and all the dungeon.

As they arrived they spreaded like a fan again, taking tactical positions not to be an obstacle to any partners in the most probable case of having to engage in battle. For in that place awaited two cultist priests, two cultist assassins, and the two dreaded black figures. The Revenant, and the Black Knight._

• The Fall of the Dark Cult II

_The warriors were set, they felt ready to enter the temple and face it's dangers. But in the moment of trying to open the door, they found that it was not moving. Some searched for keys or something that could grant them passage in the dead bodies of their enemies, but nothing was found. They scanned the area carefully, with no success. Then, given that there was not other options at hand, Sir Kanen, aided by Sir Thierulf and Rick tried to push the stone door open. Even though they put all in it, the door didn't move at all. It was a full stone door of probably over a thousand pounds, and seemed to be magically sealed as well. The idea of dispelling the enchantment with Divine Magic was propossed and seeming aproppiate, was executed by Lady Khaya. All the members of the group watched the effect of the prayer on the stone gate, creating a magical whirlwind that seemed to drain the enchantment from the door, blinking… but unfortunately for them, it had no success either.

They seemed to be stuck at the gates of the temple, patience waning as they seemed not to have options left. Frustration grew in ones while others squeezed their brains for a solution. Finally Sir Sam had a kind of wild idea, but was about the only one that could work at that moment. Keg the stone gate, while it is under the effects of the dispelling prayer. The idea made sense, since it looked like the enchantment protected the door from opening physically but the door alone was sturdy… the only chance was attacking it bluntly in the single moment that the enchantment would weaken. So all agreed and started gathering all the powder they had... around twenty charges of powder, that were bound and set in the stone gate. All the warriors except Sir Sam and Lady Khaya took shelter behind rocks or their own tower shields and the fuse was lighted… the Dispell Magic prayer was cast on the stone gate once again as the fuse lighted the powder, causing a deafening explossion. The knight and the priestess that executed the plan were swallowed by the dust quickly, as all the others right after. As the dust cloud started vanishing, the warriors appeared. All of them were safe, watching expectantly at the stone door... or where the door used to be, because it had been blown up successfully. Without time for cheers, though some smiles showing, they walked in.

As they entered one by one, all spreaded like a fan. The atmosphere was dark and sinister and in the center of the hall there was a runic circle in flames, four candles forming a square around it. The group decided not to touch it as would most probably be a trap or some kind of ward... and they were right. As they tried to walk around it, a large fire elemental raised from the runic circle. The warriors got ready to act and raised their weapons defensively, but Rick charged despise the advice of his partners to slay the creature, steping in the magical circle. The negative energies started draining his life as he hit the fire elemental fiercely destroying it quick enough with the help of all who had a bow. Then he stepped out quickly… the damage dealt by the evil wards in the runic circle was not light, but he was able to continue without much trouble.

The march continued to the other side of the hall, where there was a doorway, blocked by rubble and a couple of large boulders. With more or less trouble, all the warriors managed to squeeze in through the slot between one of the boulders and the side of the doorway, arriving to a corridor. At the end, it opened in another large room, which seemed to spread some dim lights. They advanced, and arriving to the room spotted several figures. They were cultists, performing a ritual, leaded by a priest in ornated ceremonial armor that seemed of high rank at first sight. The group started discussing a way of action as they seemingly had surprised the cultists, but Sir Kanen could not hold his wrath towards the banites and after using a scroll of Silence to prevent the banites from casting spells or say prayers to their dark god, charged them, followed by Thierulf, then Rick and the rest of the group. The banites hardly had time even to raise their weapons. One of them didn't make an effort even to raise one. The leader priest, stood quietly watching his partners being defeated one after another with a smirk in his face. As they all faced him, being the last standing, eyes took some more time to watch his face. Some showed deception in their eyes, others disappointment and most fury. When the zone of Silence disipated, the High Watcher of Helm, Garnendar, shook some dust of his banite ceremonial armor and smirked_ - What took you so long to come? I was already wondering.

• The Fall of the Dark Cult I

_The warriors started gathering. Arrived from all along the land joining arms for the day had come. Most of the Order of the Divine Shield was there, loyal to their duty, one after another they came to the call, for in this day, all aid might not be enough. Sir Roland, Sir Ishar, Lady Anna, Sir Sam and Sir Kanen were at the temple of the Watcher early as members of the Order, accompanied by the young knight Thierulf. Shortly after, the ladies Khaya and Tigrelily joined them, followed by Arielle. Sam was kneeling before the altar, performing his prayers and blessings while for a long time, the rest watched, until the dwarven gatekeeper of Jiyyd's east gates knocked the door.

She stormed in grumbling, informing the warriors gathered there about some odd happening.. another misterious death or disappearance of a woman in a house, near the east gates. These troubles seemed to happen too often in the last month and were getting worse. Quickly, the group got ready and left to check it out, guided by the dwarf woman; they arrived soon to the house and went in to speak to the husband who was still quite shocked, mourning his loss. Sir Kanen stepped ahead and showed his condolences, as did all his partners a moment after, but as time was matter of great importance, he went ahead to interrogate the man. The man explained how a "shadowy" figure appeared in front of them, examined the horrorized woman a couple of seconds and after saying something like that she was valid… got into her, like merging, before the stunned gaze of her husband. Then, with not a word more, left the house to never return.

Showing their condolences one last time, the warriors left to get ready finally for the trip to the ruined city of Mintas Rhelgor. There was much in play this day in this place. The banites had defiled the body and soul of the Lady paladin Shane Andryl, manipulated, desprestiged and divided the Order of the Divine Shield and weakened the Everwatching Eye of Helm on the town, leaving it defenseless. There was much to lose and little to gain in this day, but the wariors there had a debt with Duty and Justice. For their honor, for the Lady Shane Andryl, for the town of Jiyyd and for the land.

They didn't have to wait much to face the first of their enemies that night. As they headed out, the sound of metal and magic merged with the shrieks of the shadow creatures, already so well known. Without time for more, weapons were drawn and one after other the members of the group entered the magical darkness to engage in combat the evil incarnations of negative energy, destroying them mercilessly, forcefully. The battle hardly lasted a few seconds, although some more shadows made their way to the prime plane in more or less numbers, where finished with equal luck.

As the dust of the battle started settling down and the magical Darkness gradually disipated, two new warriors were revealed. Anakore of the Cerulean Stars, and Rick the Barbarian. Being they amazed by the large group, inquired about the reason for the gathering, which was explained quickly, and being known allies of good were invited to join the group, which they did without hesitation along with Aaimie who was deemed necesary in the most probable case of having to deal with traps and locks, and was called by Rick to join the expedition. The group was formed in full now. Lady Anna, Lady Arielle, Sir Ishar, Sir Kanen, Sir Roland and Sir Sam of the Order of the Divine Shield, Lady Tigrelily, Lady Khaya of the Order of the Phoenix, Sir Thierulf of Lathander, Anakore of the Cerulean Stars, Rick the Barbarian and Lady Aaimie. Twelve were the warriors gathered there with one mission. And so, they departed.

They hit the gates of Mintas Rhelgor soon, since the march was swift. Arriving to the place, one single slaad was spotted. This fearsome planar creatures inhabited the ruins since years ago, and were both a shelter for the cult and a threat. While some considered the possibility of negotiating a passage others got ready to slay the chaotic creature. Being undecided still the way of action, the creature opened the gate and ran past most of the group to attack one of the ladies, signing his fate quickly, defeated before it could raise a claw. Sir Kanen took the lead then, and guided the group towards the temple entrance without more encounters with the slaadi, although as suspected, their coming was expected. An important amount of guardians was set at the entrance… some flesh golems and cultists awaited, sheltered inside the external walls, but they just couldn't hold the charge of the knights seconded by the two barbarians and supported by the archers. The fury and courage of the warriors of good couldn't be matched by far by the opossing forces.

And so they arrived to the temple. Now there was no way back. The group gathered in front of the gates and gave occasional glances the ones to the others. Several gazes of determination met the silence that sorrounded the place at that time, only broken by whispered prayers of the knights and priests to their Lords. The real battle was about to begin._