The Journal of Anna Sigerlson

• Anna sits by a fire in the Boarshead and begins to put words to paper

How long has it been since I kept a journal? Too long I suppose and so much has transpired. Never when I left Chessenta did I ever imagine that my life would become so interesting and exciting. In fact, I am no longer Anna Sigerlson from Chessenta and I am Anna Sigerlson of Narfell currently of Norwick, though if situations continue to arise and people are continually abused, then, I will finally take Zyphllin up on his offer and move to Peltarch.

I find myself removed from the people of Narfell these days a fact which pains my soul to the very core. I miss and long for the days when I spent so much time by the south fire content to laugh and joke with Lina and attending to the physical and spiritual needs of the poor people who were wounded trying to assuage the endless stream of goblins that plague the Rawlinswood, South of Town.

Now, I spend my days running errands for the Order of the Divine Shield or the Shining Phoenix or attending to my duties as the Minister of Defense to Norwick. My, how life has become complicated.

Recently, I travelled with other brothers of the Order of the Divine Shield and with Khaya from the Phoenix and we assailed the Banites in Mintas Rhelgor who were responsible for the suffering of Shane Andryl. I wish that I had had the opportunity to know Shane though as with most paladins I would probably find her dry. I do adore them all I just wish they would have a party occasionally. I miss Mattrim…he was a paladin who knew how to party.

Alexander, my squire, is to be knighted as soon as possible. I find him to be a very astute gentleman who is strong and compassionate. His only flaw is that the smites now and plans later...a fault I find the strategy of most paladins but have accepted as a not all together abhorrant strategy.

I find my mind drifting to the past more and more frequently these days.
    I know that Red Knight has a plan for my life...and plan for everything and I fully submit myself to her plan, but I only wish I had the slightest inkling of what was needed of me. I am restless as of late and find myself wondering what I will do in the future.

the ink trails off on the last letter and is a little smudged from the book being closed so quickly

• Of Mummies and Blackguards

Anna stretches as she awakens from her nights slumber and takes out her journal and begins to write

I arrived from Arabel but a few short days ago. I had not been in town more than a few hours when I met a gentleman named Kynas who is a follower of Kelemvor. I couldn't help but think of Kara.

I proceeded to the fire where I bantered with Mirkali and an elf who looked remarkably like a Drow. I later discovered that the elf was Braeth Ma'Fen, a member of the Order of the Shining Phoenix, who was turned into a drow to resuce Lady Rith so many years ago.

As we spoke, the gates opened and in ran Kit, the elf who lives in the woods near Norwick, and behind her was a contingent of mummies including one with some skill at arms. I drew my sword and called upon the might of Red Knight and charged into battle fighting the mummies and compelling their zombie companions to rest.

The battle was a fierce one and Braeth and Mirkali showed great bravery as did Belma'r the hin mage who cast spells deftly and bravely. Many young adventurers rushed to our aid. Sadly, Kit fell during the battle but we were able to turn away the horrific monsters. We took kits body to the Friars where the good friar was amiable enough to call her spirit back from the outer planes.

We proceeded to the South gate where there was a confrontation with a group of elves including, Mara, Callon, and Rary. These elves believed Braeth to be a drow and wanted him dead. After much discussion, Mirkali was able to persuade them that he was indeed a moon elf who was transformed. We decided to cast detect lies on Braeth and let them question him. Braeth was very noble to allow this to be done. As we were in the midst of the spell, a great crackle of magical energy appeared to the west and we we looked there stood a dark knight with a succubus. He ran at us and we ran out him and realizing he dealt impossible blows we entered into a strategy of hit and run. Allowing him to chase one while the others attacked. The battle drew to a halt as the black knight shouted for everyone to stop and called off his harlot from hell. Many had been knocked unconcious which was amazing for he could have killed him if he had been so inclined yet it seems that he was not seeking death.

He shouted about the might of Asmodeus, which is one of the lords of the pits of hell. I assume I have now met the blackguard that I have heard roland. Mirkali moved to attack the blackguard and I touched his shoulder reminding him that it would do no good to die today. I announced to the blackguard that he could leave now but the Orders of the Divine Shield and the Shining Phoenix would eventually come for him. He said please do. As he left, he knocked mirkali to his knees.

At the end of the battle, Saul the Servant of the Doombringer and I took those afflicted by the Succubus' touch to the Friar's and tended to their spirits. I then settled down to rest by the fire with Belma'r. As we bantered about the day and the weather, Saul came running pointing toward the graveyard and yelling for help. Belma'r and I ran to follow him and engaged a huge horde of undead in the Graveyard. There were scores of zombies and mummies. Many others joined us and all fought bravely. We fought hard and long. The battle raged for hours. Fortunately, none fell. I can't help but think these things must be linked to the blackguard.

After the battle ended and I tended to those who were afflicted with the mummies foul diseases, I went into town to check on Angel, my dear cousin. She had fought very bravely in the battle as had Mirkali, Green, Mara, Saul, and many others. As I was heading toward the south gate, I saw a commoner lying dead with skeleton skulls around him!

I drew my sword and ran toward the sound of battle calling on the strength of Red Knight again. As I entered the fray, there were great hounds of shadow and mummies and zombies attacking the town. We began to fight them many fought hard. An interesting point is that in addition to fighting us they undead were fighting each other as if they were two warring factions finishing some war that never ended. Andigar was struck and I rushed to his aid calling on the power of Red Knight to close his wounds and yelled for him to run.

We fought again for hours and when the battle was ended there was a sword lying on the ground which was taken by Jeremiah, a local merchant. Khaya and I suggested we leave it with Fred as he has magical means to contain the object. There was much gnashing of teeth and distrust, but Ragnar's logic prevailed when he took the sword to lock it away. I feel very comfortable with the sword in Ragnar's care and being studied by Fred and the mages of spell weaver.

I retired after being awake for over two days and fighting the hordes of undead. Now, I sit here awake and hoping that all is well when I enter the town.

Anna closes the journal and begins to prepare to go out and see to the town of Norwick's safety

• The Journey to Arabel and back again

Sitting on a caravan bound for Norwick Anna Sigerlson sat writing in her journal

It seems only yesterday that I was compelled by forces beyond my control to travel from Norwick to the City of Arabel. I received an urgent note from my friend Carli Fenswick daughter of a local noble. She and I met at the age of twelve when we were both being schooled in the Lady's School in Chessenta. Her father, the Lord Fenswick and a notable warrior, wanted her daughter to be reared by the finest military strategists in Faerun and where better than the Lady's School in Chessenta.

Carli's note had be terribly urgent it simply read:

_My Dearest Anna,
    I hope this finds you extremely well. I originally wrote this note to you at the Lady's School for I thought you were still there; however, the Vicar sent it back to me with a note that you were in Norwick. I dón't know why you have ceded you place in Chessenta's armies and the clergy there for the confines of a barbarian town, but we can discuss this at a later date.

My old friend, I need you to travel to Arabel post haste. My father is intent upon mounting an army to ride into the country side to cleanse the land of the orcs and goblins that still reside there. He is, well, oh Anna, I fear he's gone mad. I fear it is I who will be leading his army not he himself and I need a strategist here with me. Please come I will wait for you until the return of Greengrass.

Your friend and the Lady's Servant,

Carli Fenswick
    Lady General of the House of Fenswick of the
    City of Arabel and of the Court of House Obarskyr_

I read the note and did not know what to say or do, so I on a suddent notice packed my belongings into the saddlebags of a horse that Fine Odgen lent me, and I set out for the city of Arabel.

I approached the city with little trouble stopping only occasionally to fire at goblins in the distance who were tossing stones and feces in my general direction and screaming obscenities.

The journey took several weeks. I arrived and as I approached Arabel I was astounded to see a city three to four times the size of Peltarch and my eyes were glued open as I sat in my saddle amazed.

The guards on the road to arabel asked my reason for coming to the city and I showed them Carli's letter and they whisked me away to the house of Fenswick in the Eastern part of the City of Arabel. It was good to see Carli though she seemed more prim and proper than I remembered her though I am not certain if that is from the time apart or my time among the barbarians of the Nars.

Carli thanked me for coming yet unfortunately her father the Lord Fenswick had passed away several days before my arrival and she had dispersed the army and we spent several days exploring the City of Arabel and feasting and celebrating. I was able to see the seat where Tymora sat during the time of troubles and visited the various shrines and people of the City.

Now a month later I find myself on a caravan headed for Norwick, and oh, I cannot wait to arrive home.

the book is closed and she places in her pack with a resolve and a smile.