OOC: fight night - capture the flag thoughts/ideas

• We excluded Fireball, yet allowed other AoE damaging spells. Oxymoronic, IMO. Make it all or nothing.

Greater Sanctuary should not be allowed. Or at the very least not for the flagbearer.

Rally point should not be in the same path as the most direct point between the bases. As mentioned above, this lead to returning members getting whacked.

I'd honestly prefer no resting. Allowing resting takes away the spell/ability management challenge. And I'm speaking as a mage here.

• flag holders should be allowed to leave the circle, cause having to stand on evards tentacles while you get blasted with magic missiles from a mage with shadow shield, and not be allowed to make the ten foot step to get off the tentacles and start whacking the mage just doesnt seem right.

• Had a blast overall.

There was one issue that I noticed, when previously killed players were being let back in - they were told they had to go back to their home base before they were back in play - but the other team was taking the same route to their home base that they were - which several times resulted in all the returning people getting whacked before they could get to their home base.

The only way that comes to mind to fix this, is to have the rally area for each team adjacent to their home base.

• @fcbaeb31f9=TURPA:

2. Make the flags glow or have it give a glowing aura / light effect or something. Flag carriers should be very obvious and easy to spot.

I like that idea.

• I thought it went great (granted I was on the team where greater sanctuary was used). The two suggestion I would make are:

1. Add a time limit of say 20 minutes per round. If time runs out then it can be a draw or come down to who has the most team members still in or something. I think that will help keep the matches moving and not dragging out in the event of a stalemate.

2. Make the flags glow or have it give a glowing aura / light effect or something. Flag carriers should be very obvious and easy to spot.

• Greater Sanctuary makes it just inherently unfair… I believe a single run no resting policy should also be added.

Additionally, if it's down to just the flag-holder, that team automatically loses.

If it's down to BOTH flag holders... anything goes duel 😉