Shrines?

• Would it be possible to put a few shrines around Narfell? Not grand cathedrals, but small areas for minor contemplation and worship.

The Oscura garden statue is -great- because some DMs can possess it if needs be and do stuff. It's also a beautifully laid out bit of focus.How much would it cost a character to build and have consecrated a small altar to a god, or a votive statue, or plant or consecrate a tree somewhere etc.?

Obviously it's not applicable to all gods, and I'm not sure whether Faerun religion -does- votive statues or anything like that. It might be nice though to have a couple more slightly holy sites around, especially if they're also maybe vulnerable to passers by coming to smite them. Maybe for ease of space, a room with a few shrines to allied gods would offer appropriate respect to some.

Specifically - Keira would happily donate towards shrines to a cough number of gods, and someone to tend them. Ideally if they're not behind locked doors, other people can pass by and offer respects. Some nasty people might even want to tear them down, but I think that such obvious offence to the Gods is not taken lightly.

• not that i may ever have the gold for something like this,but a guy can dream right?

How much would i cost to have the elven outpost rebuilt with one or two buildings and an archer tower put in?

it would be a nice place to have archery contests and other things,but there doesnt seem to be a price tag.

• Not all shrines need be indoors. A shrine could be a simple, outdoor affair, not requiring a separate area to be built.

@275dcdbfc2=Teah:

Grivel's tree is an altar to Meilikki. It is one of my favorite pieces of Narfell too.

Grivel's tree is an example of this (if a somewhat elaborate one given the visual effects on the tree). Unfortunately, it is not publicly accessible - which IMO, most shrines should be.

• Depends on the SDM, and the location and what you have in it. Anybody can build a shrine, but you are looking at 5000gp up to… well unlimited fortunes. It goes through the normal housing rules, though I would imagine it would be cheaper to actually add a room with an altar and a statue to an already existing building/location as it also saves the server space.

Easy enough, you need to talk to the person in charge of the area you wish it, and make it in the toolset.

😉

• Lovely. Would be great to see a cleric or druid suggesting people go there to pray.

How much to have a shrine built and consecrated and maybe someone to tend it?

• Grivel's tree is an altar to Meilikki. It is one of my favorite pieces of Narfell too.

• Shrines in well-traveled areas are good. Shrines in remote and dangerous areas are good for a different reason, which is that it gives PCs an IC justification to adventure there, and they could be great RP props and plot hooks. They could also be resting places for weary travelers, providing either safety or minor blessings (say a shrub that has 1 or 2 berries per server reset that give you Lesser Restoration).

• I'd been thinking of something of the sort myself.

A shrine is a great way for a pious PC (or a low to mid-level priest) to have a place to worship, and/or promote worship of their deity - and for PCs not of that faith to offer specific prayers to a deity whose sphere covers a specific endeavor.

It also makes a great jumping off point for a religion to become popular enough in Narfell to have a temple built.