Beacon Fire

• Some may notice a small elven woman in white using magic to cut down trees along the long road and surrounding areas, then again changing into various forms of larger creatures and carrying the trees south of the west gate. When people ask what she is doing, she says she is building a beacon fire for the town so that in time of need it can be lit to send for aid from the other towns in the area. Once enough wood is gathered she would like to put it on one of the higher hills in the town.

• _A curious sight perhaps. The lady mage known humorously as Princess or more formally as Elridith can be spotted at various points around Jiyyd. While her presence is hardly out of the ordinary the accompanying handaxe being wielded is. She looks dirty, grimy, and extremely exausted. Strange enough to find her this unclothed and without her usuall display of gems and jewelery.

With the small axe, she works throughout the day never sleeping, of couse because elves never do. Her small body works hard at sectioning and dicing pieces of wood she is then able to carry inside the gates.

Has she merely gone insane, or perhaps only being stubborn and thinking ahead again. If stopped and asks she enjoys the break from the hard work, as she is clearly not built for it, replying in a kindly manner with the usual soft voice. "Interesting how motivated we become, unfortunately only after seeing".

She wanders on in her chores with what appears as excrutiating difficulty for her, never accepting help from any others, even those who offer it politely._

• Members wearing the armour of some unknown organisation can be seen rushing into the town when the beacon is lit. When it is painfully obvious that it is a prank, they can be seen leaving with scowls and dark expressions.

One was overheard telling another about the "waste of resources the prank caused" to the "squad" or somesuch.

They nod to Zoma in passing, albeit wearily as though he was a suffered acquaintance, than a cherished friend.

• Zoma speaks up quietly in his usual tone.

"It will be best to act on your own instead from now on. Hold up informal meetings between groups of people willing to defend Jiyyd in times of need and think up of ideas and even actions on what can be done when the time comes. We may have to act on our own without the Council's decision and intervention before it is too late.

I have spoken to a certain influential individual in Norwick regarding of what kind of aid the town could give in the times of troubles to Jiyyd. Extra armed forces is out of question as the town is currently barely able to cope major invasions by themselves from the habitants of the forest. However, Norwick is willing to prepare spaces and securities for the refugees of Jiyyd and perhaps resources in form of human talents and materials for war.

I have yet to speak to the gypsie camp elders regarding of the form of aid capabilities they could provide but it may be likely in the forms of provisions for refugees as they lack space unlike Norwick. Armed forces is once again out of question aside from sparing several men of talents. However, the level of commitment of aid in the end largely depends on Jiyyd's representative's diplomatic and persuasive abilities towards other major powers."

• This town needs better law enforcement. We can't afford to have idiots running around and jeopardizing our safety with their pranks. Is the council going to meet after all or not? Do we even have a council? If they don't respond soon I suggest that residents and concerned folks get together and do something on our own. Call in Justene, the Helmites, the Legion and whoever else is a real part of the town and its defense. We all know the carpetbaggers when we see them.

• As the wood burns when there is obviously no attack, a shoeless druid watches with a blank look.

A waste.

• At some point when Elridith is off collecting more wood someone lights the beacon fire to see if it works

• @eb981a83d6=MittyEasy:

I am doing what I feel will help the people of Jiyyd, and im sure Jiyyd will continue to help Norwick when they are in need. I will continue to organize a system between all the towns willing to forge an alliance with one another.

Didn't Dwin want to start something like this in a serious, organized way?

I don't know how much it matters to be honest. When a town gets attacked, people usually show up in droves to help them out, formal alliance or not. Norwick and Jiyyd bicker like an old married couple, that's the way it's always been and that's how it always will be until the day that yuan-ti or goblins are shaking hands with orcs in the Nars.

• Stops for a moment wondering who the lass is talking to. Shrugs and wonders if maybe everyone in this town understands dwarven as well.

Shrugs it off and goes back to guiding the work of moving the heavy gear out of town *

• //rest assured, my analysis is based on that consideration Dwin.

• I am doing what I feel will help the people of Jiyyd, and im sure Jiyyd will continue to help Norwick when they are in need. I will continue to organize a system between all the towns willing to forge an alliance with one another.

I don't know why you come here to badmouth my efforts when all im am aiming to do is provide an easier system for when Jiyyd or any other town should need help beyond its capabilities, and perhaps those numbers will increase the chances that the town will survive. Would you not take every measure to insure that your home keep standing?

If you feel we should throw Jiyyd to to wolves, that is your opinion, there is no reason to bring you hate and distaste to our town, our homes.

edit:
    quite obviously understands dwarven, and her statements were directed to frolir

• @270cf41a4f=Combat:

On more than one occasion during an attack, I have seen the only defenders of Norwick be from Jiyyd - while the famed Norwick Militia stood guard at the crossroads.

((if no Militia PC's are in-game during an attack it should not be assumed that the gates were undefended. There are always guards on duty, etc.))

• Foilir doesn't acknowledge the words from the walking "archery target", but just urges on the workers *

<d>Dis lad stopped more arrows anna fed more worms den deh ground yeh walkin on

• The group chuckles and looks at William smiling as they move the heavy crates westward *

<d>If me nae knew better, me thinks he sweet on a dead lass, anna gets imself killed teh see er..

• The workers continue to laugh at the legionairre as they pass chuckling towards the gate *

<d>Now now, let's leave deh walkin combat dummy be anna get serious

• With the last comment, Foilir's face grows darker and the pace of work quickens *</d></d></d>

• Zoma - the same concerns that you list as reasons why Norwick could not aid Jiyyd, also apply in the reverse - when Jiyyd constantly aids Norwick in the face of attacks by goblins, bugbears, and other creatures.

On more than one occasion during an attack, I have seen the only defenders of Norwick be from Jiyyd - while the famed Norwick Militia stood guard at the crossroads.

So - either the concerns you list will not be concerns when Jiyyd is in (a far more rare) need of aid - or Norwick just may find itself relying on its own resources in the future.

• Foilir looks at Genzir and smiles *

Lad… Yeh abilities go beyond molding deh weave... Yer skills at bendin deh truth teh suit yeh needs are admirable..

Ignore me if yeh will, but remember me wears deh badge of deh Norwick guard. Yeh know deh fellers supposed teh answer yeh call fer deh pig roast.

• He bows in mock acknowledgement of Genzir's skill.

He then turns back to the task of assisting the dwarves with emptying the Jiyyd crafting hall. *

<d>Come on lads, afore yeh is all accussed of theft!

• He smiles as he nods to Zoma, the voice of reason among the longleggers *</d>

• I am unaware of the deaths of the Dragon Knights though however, does not mean that Peltarch would still lower its guard down since the city is located in a hostile environment.

It is noted that Peltarch is a city, with many politics involved amongst the higher ups. There must be a form of gain for them to aide Jiyyd but I am surprised that no conditions were made at all in return for aide that involves expenditure of coins from the treasury.

Norwick may be close, but that does not discount the concerns I brought up regarding of its current militia strength which leaves alot more to be desired. If during that small window that any attack occured to Norwick while its militia is busy aiding Jiyyd, Norwick will face an attack that it is likely to be hopeless to defend agaisnt this time. In addition, there were Damaran soldiers sighted in the rawlins raiding the caravans not long ago. What could this mean? Norwick certainly is in no position to deploy any militia if they are wise enough.

I am speaking as someone who has enough experience in wars to be aware that the aide offered is simply too good to be true based on Jiyyd's current diplomatic relations with other majors powers in Narfell.

• ICC

Stands on the road with a dumb expression on his face, shoving another roasted Potato under his nose

• The Black Dragon Knights no longer possess the orb and they are not coming by Peltarch anytime soon. Koreth's severed head was placed on the sundial in the Peltarch commons several years ago when the wild magic dissappeared. Norwick is close by, they already offered aid, and will most likely deliver it if the need arises. This is about helping with a single attack, not stationing troops in Jiyyd on a permanent basis. Peltarch can easily spare the troops, and they have offered to help already. I'm surprised this discussion is even taking place.

Then again, I'm not surprised. Foilir started the discussion, he's said he avoids going to Jiyyd whenever he can, he wanted to have General Grag punished for apprehending a man who murdered many Jiyyd residents because the general attacked this criminal near Norwick. He couldn't care less if Jiyyd burned to the ground, in fact he would probably welcome it. He has attacked people within the gates before, namely one half-orc by the name of Any Wogshurg, if any of you remember him, probably others too. To put it simply, you should pretty much ignore anything Foilir says with regard to this town, as I'm sure most townsfolk already do.

• ICC

Rugg stops out on the Long Road and ponders a moment

Lass, ye expectin an attack soon or sumpthin? Or ye just bein a busy beaver an over ambit'shus thinkin an such?

Dem orc ain' attacked in quite a while, methinks.

munches on some meat on a stick

• Zoma wonders if such news of other majors powers in Narfell willingly to come to aide Jiyyd is too good to be true, approaching to Elridth with the perspectrive of the problem he has in mind.

"Norwick already has its own share….of problems. Not to say that the militia are are uncapable but its simply not enough. Most of the times, Norwick seems to require additional foreign swordarms to fend off any major assault from the habitants of the rawlins as. This can be observed from the number of times it often sent runners to other towns for aid. Diverting Norwick's militia strength would simply bring their rears open to any major attacks. There is also the issue of undead in the woods and yuan-tis as well.

Peltarch too has its own share of troubles, in particular the Black Dragon Knights that still possess the orb has yet to be found out there. Diverting a number of their current army's strength to help Jiyyd in a war with the orcs may risk open in the possible attacks from the Black Dragon Knights to retake the city. Also there is a problem of whether the army could even arrive Jiyyd in time and who is willing to supply their soldiers if they stay. It is unlikely Peltarch would maintain supply lines all the way from North to Jiyyd for their soldiers so Jiyyd has to provide them. But then the problem also remains if Jiyyd has the capability to feed additional army?"