Nilla says: I still feel like a newb...

• Thats right. I have over two years of memories of Narfell, but there are days when people are talking about remember when this and that happened.. and I have no clue what they are talking about. I guess that is what is so impressive about Narfell…there has been so much that has changed and evolved over the years that it can be mind boggling to keep up with.

Though, my favorite memories of when I started, all center around Norwick. It was the place to be then. Ribs was SDM, if I'm not mistaken, and I was terrified of all the DM's. They were all just looking to kill your PC. Particularly Jay and Ribs. Or that is what I thought. And I remember when Jay pm'd me, because my PC had died on a transition, then the server had promptly crashed, and I lost everything (including the greater gloves of the minstrel that her little boyfriend had bought her, and not paid off yet and had merchants breathing down his neck for the gold). I was so nervous talking to Jay....I had LD do it and I left the house. Which is really weird, I'm not a nervous person to meet strangers, but something about Narfell and talking to people OOC made me jittery. :? :oops:

My first PC, Daria, a bard... died, constantly. I mean, it felt like it was on a daily bases that she was dying. And at that time... you always used the succubus. Atleast my lowbie level friends did. 1000 gold for a raise was a mystical thing, and I remember being slightly jealous when someone -actually- paid to get little miss Penny Lane raised.

It was also a time when bards sat around fires and attempted to entertain people. AND people actually tipped them. I miss that, greatly. I miss being so nervous to actually do bardic things because I was worried about not being able to emote, or write an original song. I also remember the pure excitement of my PC being accepted into the Bardic College, meeting with Zyphlin and being so embarassed I typed to slow to keep up with him, then the terror when she was assigned to write an original song. Daria was kicked out shortly after because I was too nervous OOC to post up some kind of poem -I- had written. Thus, she just never did her homework.

Another memory that pops out, that was like a triumphant moment for me... and this will sound strange, was when Nicahh, my second PC, met Anakore and Vilehelm actually RP'd with her. "So what?" You might say, but to me, that was a huge moment. Vilehelm in my book was a "big timer" an "old player", a "high level" and prior to that, most of the high levels at that time pretty much stuck with other high levels and ignored my PC. I really don't see that as being as much of an issue now, as it was then. Anyways, the point is, someone, who had been around for a while, was actually RP'ing with me. I felt like I'd made it... but then again, I felt lost, because when I was around him, and the people he mostly RP'd with... I had no clue what they were talking about. I'd not been around for those events.

So yeah, when I'm near people like Gobbletom, Zyphlin, Vilehelm and so on... and they are talking about this and that... I seriously, still feel like a newb.

• @fb22b18476=Nilla:

1000 gold for a raise was a mystical thing, and I remember being slightly jealous when someone -actually- paid to get little miss Penny Lane raised.

Seriously? Who the hell would've paid to get her back? :lol:

I have a notoriously terrible memory, but I know that hasn't happened often over the years. On the contrary, lil Miss Lane would probably rival the Peltarch treasury (which she did, in fact, think she could rob at one time, naive though that might've been - nudges Flom) if she didn't die so damn much. Between Gobble's Malachai and LD's Sy'wyn, they must've accounted for a dozen of her raises by themselves. 🙂

And yes, I too miss the days when bards played music by the fire everyday and got tipped. I'm not sure when or where the culture shifted to end that.

• I didn't feel like a newbie at all when I first role played with the Aspera's highly esteemed player. Want to know why? Because I didn't KNOW he played Mercy the dwarf until after they had met a few times. I had never even met Aspera previously, but had heard so much about her character that I probably would have been all "Omigosh!" had I known.

That silly ArUlric and his phony accounts. 😎

• Bah. Vilehelm and Zyphlin are both recent acquisitions. All hail Hammer of Los! Er… and me, a little less...