A journey comes to an end

• I've been reading the stories posted here over the past couple of weeks, and it reminded me of how much I miss everyone here, and of some of the best memories I have had for the past 5yrs (NWN came out in 2001 or 2002? Guess that just goes to show how long I've been here huh? lol) I have so many fond memories of Narfell, and to be honest, some of my earliest memories I can't even remember the names of all the characters that were involved. I've seen many people come and go on this server, and many of them I will miss greatly. Especially those who touched our hearts with their very lives, and with them being gone, it sometimes make the adventures here seem bittersweet.

When I have some more free time, I will tell some of my stories, and perhaps some of you will remember them.

• Aww now why did you go and do that now i have to find my box of tissues.

Of all the things this place is it is the people that make is special. Maybe I am vain and just want to think that I've had a part in what makes this place/game special. I really believe though that there have been more friendships and relationships spawns here that will bridge time and distance. I don't think i'm alone in saying that many here will be my friend for years to come and I hope to keep in touch with them even after the server is shut off.

T

• Wow, I didn't know you still had all of those pictures…lol...Thanks sera hugs

• Council of Moradin

::hugs for Jess::

Bridge after the ceremony. Covah, LordDrow, Rangy, Jason's uncle (back), Arryn (front), RadSam, Rob (forgot his login lol, front), his PnP group, Grivel (hiding in the back. you can see his head between Jason's sisters), family from out east (including his father and grand parents), the guy in the yellow jacket and the twin sisters at the end are more of Jason's PnP friends.

Poignant drawing by our very own Scutum.

Jason's high school grad pic. Funny but true. 🙂

• This story really isn't about something that happened in Narf, but something that touched me to my very core, and something I will never forget as long as I live…

I was at work and was chatting with Lord Drow over MSN. We were talking about normal crap, mostly Narf really when LD stopped midsentence and typed out these words, "Jess, is your line open? I need to call you." Not knowing what was going on at the time, I told him to call. Once on the phone he said in a teary voice, "I don't know how to tell you this." I of course started freaking out thinking that something happened to his son, or to his Dad, or to someone in my family. Then he dropped the bomb, "Magi is dead." I started to laugh it off thinking he was talking about one of Magi's characters and then it hit me. I started to sob right there in my seat. My supervisor freaked out as his desk was right next to mine. He told me to go home, so I packed up my stuff and as soon as I started my car, the radio turned on, and it just started playing "Dust in the Wind" by kansas...

I will never forget that day. The day that Narf became a real place to me. The day that the people behind the characters became real and became a family that I always miss when I am gone...

Jason, if you are looking over my shoulder reading this, just know that I miss you dearly and you will never be forgotten. I hope you are enjoying your final adventure.

• lol…I am just laughing thinking of this one, but Lord Drow, some of the devs and some DMs cooked a plan to give Kanen a very cool sword. Saddly, this sword never came into be, but you will understand shortly why I am laughing about it.

This sword was the uber sword of all slaying that any Paladin would die to have, but with one major draw back. It was cursed... The story of the sword goes something like this:

Once upon a time, a cleric of some unknown diety was alone in his temple. He had been alone there for many years, and the only thing keeping him company was a bunch of ducks that lived in the pond outside of the temple. Needless to say, this cleric was starting to go a little insane. He decided to embue his sword with some magical powers, and well, since he wasn't exactly in his right mind, he put his very life into it. Once the spell was completed, this poor cleric had become the sword...He layed around for years, until one day, an adventurer found him. This poor sap had no idea what he had gotten himself into, and when he picked up the sword, it started to talk to him! The poor guy couldn't get rid of it either. He would throw it, and it would magically appear back in his hand. So with a big sigh, he straps the sword to his belt and he took off back to his homeland. The sword chattered the entire time, and no matter what the guy did, he couldn't silence it, and the worst thing of all...when the sword got bored, it summoned a flock of ducks for him to talk too...so imagine this fighter, walking around with a talking sword and a flock of ducks following him...

HAHAHAHAHA...when Lord Drow told me this story, I nearly died of laughter, and it's one of my fondest memories in plotting as a DM. I wish this sword had actually made it into Narf...it would have slayed everyone...

• Oh god. I had finally gotten the memory of those creepy crazy hins out of my head…

muffinstuffers!

• I was just sitting here thinking about which story to share with everyone, and there are so many that I'm having a hard time picking one. ooo…I know which one to tell...now pull up your chairs children and listen intently.

The story begins with three friends, sitting in an apartment bored. All three of them have a computer and a copy of NWN and then one of them had a fantastic idea. "Why don't we all make hins that look exactly alike?" The other two just stare at him for a minute, then look at each other and said sure! So the birth of Thom, Dick, and Harry Muffinstuffer had come to be. Now these three little hins were about as annoying as could be. Everyone started to run away from them if they were seen. But Thom, Dick and Harry wouldn't let that get them down. They continued to persue adventure and finding the dragon that they could ride. Yes folks, they wanted to ride dragons...Now as the hins were running around annoying everyone, people on IRC were freaking out. "Who are these guys?" "They are so annoying that I can't tell if they are griefers or really really good RPers." What no one knew on IRC though, as that the muffinstuffers were being played by 3 veteran players of Narf. One of them being a DM. Now, the 3 players, seeing the comments being made on IRC started to laugh their asses off. It turned into a 4 hour laughing spree, just because of the muffinstuffers. A couple of days later, the story of the muffinstuffers spread across the server, and it was finally revealed who played the muffinstuffers, and nearly everyone died of shock. That was one of my fondest memories and I have to thank MAGNUS, and Lord Drow for that wonderful night. I haven't laughed that hard in years...

God, that probably didn't make any sense, but that is okay...I'm really really really tired.