The good and the bad

• I'm unsure when I started on narfell but most of the characters you named here were either not here or low level like we all were. I didn't originally find narfell, it was my wife who did and she fell in love imediatly. It was a joy for me just to watch her play and eventually I decided to try as well. I remember running around with vrugar, big six, karion, jenna, and many others. My wife actually fell in love again I think on the server with two guys; that one hurt a little but I'm a big boy and got over that. My main character (one of only two I ever played on line) was Dirtma; I had lots of fun with that big lug attempting to dispense wisdom in it's most simplistic form while denying it at the same time. I think at the time he was the only cleric of tempus on the server but that changed eventually. Anyone who played with me probley remembers his red and black spiked armor and the "elk helm" he always wore. Sometimes I miss narfell, mostly I just miss my beloved wife; anyway my sister plays(ed?) here and she told me about this forum and that Narfell was coming to an end so I thought I would post something here. I sometimes wonder about Karion (FonkenAhole), Tala (teah?), and that youngster stauffer16 (can't remember his character actually sorry guy); I hope all of you are doing well and I apoligise to those I failed to mention but there is a lot of bad for me wraped up here to, not the time spent but it's ending

God keep you all safe

Joseph

• Oh man… the trouble I used to get Dirtma into. I mean I would say the trouble we used to get into TOGETHER... but I usually could get OUT of it. Lovable and gullible Dirtma. Can't believe I am seeing Ashan and Dirtma named in the forums at almost the same time!

• pshhh youngster….I am glad i saw this post. You were two of the best people i knew on here. I always think of you both when i remember my time in narfell.

Alot of good memories.

Best of wishes to you Joseph.

-Zach

• Dirtma made an impression on me, and I incorporated a bit of his persona in characters I have made in other worlds.

As for Sarah…she was a good person...I miss her.

• Might not remember me as Ad but Dirtma was one of the few orcs Ad felt comfortable with…(what can I say ::shrugs::...he's an elf :twisted: ) . Just a pity Ad's...um... priorities... and our timezones got in the way of us playing together more often. Stange considering the folks that you mentioned that we didn't see more of each other.
    The only other halfer Ad felt as comfortabe with was Vrugar...who I see also rates a mention. Which reminds me of a story I've got to share.

goes off to relate the story in his own thread 😄

• Heh, Dirtma. I always was afraid of him.. then I leveled and he took me on hunting trips. Both Mae'belle as Deacon.

Glad to hear from you again man.

Take care amigo.

• I wish I could properly express words for your loss, but I don’t think it’s possible.

One of my best memories of Narfell was Robyn Jahnsdotter watching Jenna Joydancer teach Dirtma paper-scissors-rock in the Boarshead. I still laugh to this day thinking about it. Jenna kept winning, and Dirtma simply said that he liked Jenna, and wanted her to win.

Happier times.

• Good to hear from you, Joseph. Both you and Sarah kept saying that my life would change faster than I could expect, and true to form, life just did.

So here I am, future (happy) father. I really think Sarah would have loved that news.

Take care, friend.

• I'm still around… I would love to catch up with you sometime Joseph. I even mentioned you/Dirtma in my first memory thread. I didn't mention the time Dirtma did two raises on Tala in the same day... or did I?

I got stuck when trying to talk about Nadia/Sarah and haven't posted more memories lately.

teahisme@yahoo.com if you want to catch up sometime about real life. I wonder if you ever got that PhD.

:hug:

Miss you.

T

• Dorn, it is great to hear from you. I loved playing with Dirty, who was lovable and friendly to my little monk. I have a lot of screenshots with Dirt in them from my early days here, and I remember how we chased after Ashan until five in the morning and I still have a ss of the time we got to see a Balor in pinksharky's event.

I was one of many who could not express enough sympathy when we learned about sarahsmiles. Pinky was another of my favorite PCs to play with, and getting to know the player behind the character was a treat for everyone she met because she was open and friendly with everybody. Many here felt her loss.

As far as the stauffers go, I am confused now that you mention it but IIRC stauffer16 played Ohtara Vellature and bigstauffer played Emerus Fellhammer. I think.

Take care, my man.