A long time ago...

• Day 1.
    Created a Paladin of Helm called Antaeus Galatae.
    Walked into Peltarch commons, used detect evil.
    Pointed at PC and declared "Evil!". Then ran out of things to say.
    Got taken aside by another PC to go kobold hunting (and save me from my "evil!" debacle). Got pissed on by DM-possessed kobold runt.
    Telled the other player with "I just got a huge load of xp for doing nothing.. what happened?"
    Got back to Peltarch. Sold the loot "Yay! 5 gold! I'm rich!".
    Wandered into the pass. Noticed bandits. "Bandits? Not in my pass! Charge!".
    Trap.
    Fugue.
    ā€“-------------------------
    Day 2.
    Created a robe priest of Lathander.
    Walked around Norwick offering healing, and got shouted at for doing so.
    Got told about the Wild Magic (by a DM), and asked about Lathander by another PC.
    Wandered off alone after providing no answers beyond "He is the god of the sun!".
    Bandits.
    Fugue.

Day 3.
    "Let's give this bard thing a shot. Sounds like a nice class to RP. Concept.. mmh.. young runaway noble to become a travelling bard. Perfect! Name.. E...lor. Smith. Perfect!"
    And that's how Elor was born. I knew nothing of FR beyond what I knew from Baldur's Gate II at this point, and it would be a while before I actually learned what was what in the setting (leading to the rather exotic background story, that I added later on.)

Spend a while going around Norwick, dying to goblins and singing "Minstrel Boy" to people.
    One of the best days with Elor was still the half-week or so of the Wayfarers. Elor, Gilda (Johant's gnome), Samus (another gnome), Merin (I think. A halfling Guardian), Darkspells (sorcerer, apparantly related to the legendary Ikurus), and Krita (Paladin of Mystra and Elor's first, yet brief, romance on Narfell).
    Went into the rawlinswood in search of something (no idea what it was), killing goblins along the way and having a lot of fun RP, then went back to the inn for the celebration, which lasted 2 hours IG. I still mark it as "The Day I fell In Love with Narfell". It was just the kind of low-level fun I can't seem to experience again, as if even a goblin basher and two shorties was an epic obstacle for our rag-tag band of aspiring adventurers to overcome.

Also, a few days after, lvl 2 Elor joined a huge group (10 or more) of lvl 8-10's (high-level at the time), south into the rawlinswood (which used to have dire animals in it). I still remember getting a tell from one of the high-levels about the suicidal bravery to take a lvl 2 into the area, yet actually outliving a few of the high-levels, before becoming a Dire Wolf snack himself.

And then there's the first meeting with Clandra ("I love Smiths and their hammers.. going up and down the forge.. up and down the forge.."), first visit to Peltarch ("I'm lost"), Pre-Squire Mariston and many more memorable low-level newbie moments. Ah, memories. Make me feel old.