Old Summoner

• I dont remember much from my very first days, but I remember I started to roleplay on Starcraft, believe it or not. At first, I thought roleplaying was wierd and nerdish, but I found myself joining the starcraft roleplay servers and it became more fun and fun.

Then I saw the NWN game as I was browsing for something to buy at Best Buy. "Oh this looks good, I like fantasy/magic type games." So I bought it without seeing reviews. Put it on my computer, played 1 player, then realised it was like the old Baldur's gate I played way back when. "How fun!" Then I noticed multiplayer (Which I didnt even know it had at first) and started clicking on random servers. Mostly action servers though… Then I found role playing, and I swear the first server I clicked to roleplay on was Narfell. I remembered all my starcraft sessions and thought it would be fun. I was the definition of a newb, "How do I walk? Whats the spell negative energy ray do? Were do I find kool lewt?" First character was a typical fighter, who survived for quite sometime, given my noobish ways.

Then I started a mage, named Xarthas. He met Borag, played by DeityMech, who is now gone it seems. So they tangled for a bit until Xarthas was slaughtered and then I started Summoner. Summoner took Xarthas' place and continued to mingle with DeityMech's characters, who were Borag and Aramil Silver. Then Summoner met Belma'r and Gath Meser (SickFish and Akragon). Gath was like Summoner's rival and they fought a bit. Bel was Summ's best little mage buddy and they tagged along on quite a few adventures. Those were the days, just being a low level and able to mingle with other low levels without competeing greatly for XP.

Summoner lasted like a year I think, then he died of old age (He was really old, so thought it would be time for him to go RP wise). Exprimented with a few character concepts, but lots of them went to the toilet. Until I created Wolf which was nearly two years ago I think, I didnt keep good track of time after that. And, I still play Wolf to this day. He and Summoner were my best creations in my roleplaying career, I think anyways.

Narfers taught me alot about roleplaying. Narfell is were I learned the most, seriously. It took me a while to get my token, cause I was such a noob, but I didnt care at the time. When I got it though, I nearly pissed my pants 😛 . Such a little dork I was. I guess it was because the DMs and players thought I was doing well, and that made me happy. I miss all my old pals here, which seemed to move on. Could never bring myself to leave, so... I stayed!

• Ah, I remember an event back in the older days. I was still playing Summoner and there was a huge group out in the near west Rawlins. There was a pesky goblin shaman on a ridge where the meleers couldnt get to, rallying goblin archers and other weaker shamans. The lead shaman was powerful, throwing big spells that only very high lvls could get, which was awe inspiring in those days. I remember Kull, Cike, and Vine where there, with lots of others, but those three I remember. Kull was shouting threats to the shaman and such, like he would normally do 🙂 . Cike was just shooting once at the shaman then ducking back into the trees. Vine followed Cike's tactics. Summoner manages to get right at the base of the ridge/cliff thing. He also tossed up summoned creatures, distracting the archers from shooting for a few moments. It also forced the shaman to waste spells on the summoned creatures wailing on him.

Finally, the shaman was weakened enough and Vine fired that last fatal arrow. The battle had lasted a few hours in RL time, but it was one of the funnest a first long events Summoner had been in, and could actually be useful with summons (Cause they are kinda weak at lvl 1-3). And the strange thing is, Summoner survived. The weak and pale wizard survived while some strong high levels died. I was probably the most reckless too, running up to that ridge and throwing summons, but the friendly adventurers with bows saved him.

Those days were incredibly fun. Just being at lvl 5-6 and playing with low level buddies. Good times…. good times....