OOC: Fight Night - rules, ideas and sugestions

• Well, the fight nights are open to everyone. I've mentioned more than once I would allow bugbear contestants (or other creatures) as long as they respect local laws and no fighting outside the ring…

• Legion

I like herrold's beast ideas.. 2 dire tigers vs. 1 pc or dire bear etc… bugbear blackguards the ideas are limitless there. I always liked it when a dm possesed a creature and entered A contest was always a good time...

• @0a5fa1754e=Fadia:

Just a logistical thing, but i would recommend that conversations be kept to the whisper channel to keep peoples' eyes from bleeding. If someone wants to call someone over, that can be in the talk channel, and announcements by the people running it can be made in talk too, but as for the rest, it would be much easier to keep track of what's happening.

Word.

I mean: /w word

I think that the archery and the melee should be far enough apart that they dont compete with each other conversationally. whipsers are a great idea. anyone that speaks up without a good reason gets auctioned.

• We can run two. THat is a good idea.

As well as an area tailored to it.

Can always have some special fights.

Vs a certain beast etc. Or just gamble on a fight between two animals. That last one was for the druids

• The Halfling Defence League

Just a logistical thing, but i would recommend that conversations be kept to the whisper channel to keep peoples' eyes from bleeding. If someone wants to call someone over, that can be in the talk channel, and announcements by the people running it can be made in talk too, but as for the rest, it would be much easier to keep track of what's happening.

• its always difficult to come up with a worldwide time that suits everyone. I, for one, wouldnt be able to ever do a Saturday.

Perhaps we need to offer 2 events? Maybe a Euro_DM could run one at a better time for European players?

• About the time of the event..Im euro, and dont mind what hour it is set, as long as it is on satturday, cause sunday i DONT have to wake up early in the morning. So i suggest to do them on satturdays, no matter what hour.

• Legion

you could do some cool things like…
    Winner of archery contest wk/such and such.... and then let them have free entry next time or maybe some kind of cool idea to attract the winner of the previous time.

also mix it up with maybe a tandom 2vs. 2 tag team thing or 2vs.2 anything goes/or boxing no magic is always a little more fun then the one on one.

I loved the guild wars was fun time 🙂

• Ah, Scutum… such a genius!

these and other ideas are being taken care of as-we-speak. in fact, a tour through New Norwick will show you some archery targets, etc.

• for the Euro's

The only reason why this thing happens at 10pm is because thats when all the DM and players that help seem to be available. Since that works well for a good number of people, I dont think it will get moved.

but!

If someone from norwick wants to step up and run a euro fight night at 4 or 5pm est, I'll provide whatever you need. I'll login and help setup too if I can. I just cant commit to some 6+hours of ig time on sunday to run 2 fight nights in a row. Shoot me a pm if youre interested in doing this and we'll go from there.

As for the lag

Someone mentioned going to an indoor map might help with lag. I was thinking if town hall is big enough, we might just move fight night in there and see how it goes. Thoughts?

• Would lag be reduced if some of the tourney venues (archery range, boxing ring, etc..) were built into Norwick so the DMs wouldn't have to put down so many placeables (like shrubs to mark the archery range)? If so, put the range and ring borders down permanently, and maybe add the targets and special effects as needed. In the meantime, use timbers to mark off the archery range instead of shubbery since they are long and would require fewer placeables.

Also, for the sake of convenience, it would be worthwhile to add targets to one of the stores in Norwick so in the absence of a DM, a target destruction is not a significant delay.

• @6d61b03870=elor_danna:

Would it be possible to schedule it a bit earlier, so us Euro players can make it?

I second to that. How about somewhere around 4pm EST (9pm GMT)?

• Would it be possible to schedule it a bit earlier, so us Euro players can make it?

• Attack roll has no effect on the result of the target due to engine limitations

• First thing I want to clear up: Archery Targets.

Can a dev please explain to me how they work? From what I'm told, they are completely random, your AB has no affect at all on what part of the target is hit. That seems to be the case, since I've seen someone score a 31 attack roll and still only hit the outter ring.

If the targets are random, I wont provide standard gear anymore. Its just a pain to have to do that every time, and keeping all that gear on the ground just adds to lag.