Nyawe Aoga

• <drd>I know I don't speak very often, but I would like to share a tale with you. You said you wanted to know more about me, so here it is.

The tattoos you now see on me, the bear on my right side, the eagle on my left, have been there since the day Raven found me. He tells me that he found me wrapped in a hide inside a tree trunk. Those first few years he and the other creatures of the forest provided for me.

It was when I was able to walk that I was taught the skills necessary to survive out here in the wild. Raven showed me how to take what I needed, and offer something back to the land. He taught me what fruits and berries were best to eat, what shrubs were actually root vegetables.

Raven spoke wisely, and often. He spoke of the human settlements on the fringes of the forest, and of how many of them have no respect for the land in which they dwell. He spoke of the elves, graceful yet terrifying, and of the tragedies that seem to follow them. It was from Raven that I learnt the language of the woods, and the little common I know.

As I grew, Raven became my guide and mentor. He showed me how to use the energy that pervaded the forest to heal wounds and create light, and for other uses. I soon began to experience moments of absolute tranquility, where my mind and body would fuse with that of nature, and it's energy would fill me. These were the times that I felt the great spirit of the wood talking to me, but that is another story.

Now, it came to be that several years ago I was walking through a relatively unfamiliar part of the forest. Raven flew by my side, keeping my mind occupied with paradoxes and riddles. As I pondered a particularly perplexing paradox in my head, Raven ascended into the air a little and gave a shrill caw. In the distance, a she-wolf was defending her cubs from a troupe of goblins, and losing. As she took her last breath, Raven bulleted straight ahead of me to engage the defilers, whilst I ran to where the wolf cubs were huddled.

Raven puffed his chest out and mustered up all of his strength. I had no time to watch the battle, as I dodged under a goblin's swing to grab the only cub in my reach. I ran as Raven wheeled around to halt my pursuers and lead them off in a different direction, giving me time to slip into a hollow tree trunk. I pulled my cloak over myself and the cub, and sat tight.

I dared not move for a full hour, upon which I stepped out of the tree trunk. Looking around, there were 4 goblins laying covered in peckmarks and scratches. Footprints led off into the distance. As for Raven, his feathers were strewn all about the place, but no other sign of him remained. The other wolf cubs had been bundled up and taken by the goblins.

The cub still under my arm, I darted about collecting what feathers I could find. These I now wear in my hair, to honour the memory of my friend, guide and mentor. As for the cub, I think you know how the story goes. I raised her myself, and we have become the fondest of companions.

::Nyawe looks down to Aninaka the she-wolf sitting at his side. He strokes her long ash-coloured fur, her tail wagging happily::

<drd>And thus my tale ends, but I have many more to tell in due time, and no doubt we shall soon have tales to tell together. Now let us sit, and rest a while. The night approaches, and the moon hangs above us like a solitary guardian.

Login : Nyawe Aoga
    Character Name : Nyawe Aoga</drd></drd>

• Reviewed - XP Pending.