Mariston Thel Background

• Narfell Account- Eoden Valmer
    Character Name- Mariston Thel

Mariston Thel
    Paladin of Torm

Extracts from his journal

Mirtul 28

Today I leave mine training. I must admit some apprehension at the thought of leaving the hallowed halls of The Temple of Torm's Coming here in Tantras.

I now go to follow in mine mother’s footsteps. She has sent word from her order (The Order of The Golden Lion) in Ravens Bluff, and tis hoped that she will arrive in time for the ceremony. Father will be presiding over the ceremony. Tis a great honour for mine family.

Having lived mine whole life here in Tantras I relish the thought of seeing new places, meeting new people and experiencing new cultures. Though I shall miss the temple life.

Mine trainer here in Tantras has told me that to be accepted to a knightly order I must quest and spread goodness and quash evil in the realms. No small task, but with Torm to guide mine heart and mine arm not impossible.

It seems that I am to be sent to the land of Narfell. I know little of this place, and from what little I discerned from the library it seems a bold and dangerous place. The people are said to be versed well in horsemanship and have open hearts. This bodes well. I am to be located at a town called Norwick. In mine readings I see no mention of a temple of Torm, tis most distressing, but "needs will" as mine Tutor Eoden would say. He doth inform me that there is a temple to The Morning Lord there and I should speak to the priests there to use the temple for mine meditations.

I must say I relish the thought of adventure and the prospect of meeting other paladins in Narfell. Tis said there is an order of brother knights to be found, though I know not who they are nor where to find them.

Mirtul 29

The ceremony went well and mine mother made it in time. I have been given money for the journey by mine father. Pressed into mine hand as I left the temple. Mine mother did cry a little (though father was in a dreadful state poor chap). She did impart unto me most kind words and invaluable advice.

The journey to Narfell, most unpleasant news I must take a boat. I fear I shall be heaving the entire journey. We land in Uthmerg in approximately 12 days. Though it cannot come too soon.

Kythorn 3

Tis as I feared I have spent the last 4 days staring over the railings, as one of the sailors called it “Shouting on Hughie”. Tis a salty tongue to be true, but they are a good and friendly folk. I can write this today for one of the sailors, Guybrush Threepwood, did bring me something to drink which quelled mine sickness.

Kythorn 13

Thank Torm we have arrived at last. I now seek to travel with a trade caravan to the town of Norwick.

Success. I start off in 3 hours so this will be mine last entry for anon, for I have yet to learn the skill of riding and writing. The caravan is owned by a kind gentleman called Uthmar Silverbeard. We carry fine wines and foodstuffs from all over the realms.

He has given me some of mine favourite cheese, Turmish Brick, and I tried some of the local cheese of Damarite red. Tis a tangy cheese made from goats milk. And not only that, but he provided a bottle of Blood Wine (from Aglarond!!). Twas a wonderful meal and a good start to mine journey, it allowed me to meet mine fellow travellers and hear their tales.

• Reviewed - XP Pending.