Lurid Posters..

• Posters appear with the morning across Narfell.

@9c5774872a:

_"In the Planes of Torment and Despair
    Where Pain and Terror fill the Air
    There rests a great obsidian Chair
    Upone which rests Bane's Derriere

He rests his pale and pimply Arse
    Upon the cold Volcanic Glass
    Curshed by yet another Farce
    Loviatar Rejected another Pass

And so another night Alone
    A Virgin on a Virgin's Throne
    Softly fondling his Bone
    He reached down to beneath the Stone

He pulls out Etching, Sketches too
    Of the one he Really wants to Do
    Over millenia, this lust it grew
    Just like his prick, skinny and blue

And so we leave him Stroking there
    Until his Orgasm rends the Air
    Ilmater's pics strewn Round his Chair
    In the Planes of Torment and Despair"

=The Shadow Poet=_

• ((Posted around similar places to the original))

**Apologies it seems to me,
    Are due from someone else to thee
    But each and every righteous prole
    Sees fit to blame this blameless soul

Ask I will and ask I must
    What did I, to earn distrust?
    I speak it’s true from time to time
    In rambling and inflammat’ry rhyme.

And so it seems a herring red
    Sees fit to raise it’s fishy head.
    And sign my name upon a song
    And does to me a minor wrong.

Unto Ilmater I bear no ill will
    I’ve rhymed before, and will do still
    I did not however, post this one
    You seek not me to see justice done.

Apologies are sought though, so
    It cost me naught to bow down low
    And offer to Ilmater’s folk
    A sorry for the poster’s joke.

I will say this only one time
    The poster of the blasphemous rhyme?
    For them I pray, long life at sea
    I pray for justice, and for Mercy.**

The Shadow Poet

• Blinks seeing Rith read

• High Priestess Rith can't help to grin to herself reading one of the posters, finding it actually funny and ingenious in a way. She flats a weather-worn unglued corner of the poster against the wall to read the last bit, which leaves it perfectly fit in place. Then she walks off deciding not to take part in any heated argument that can bring no more good than harm it might cause, deciding to let the authorities in jurisdiction act as they deem opportune.

• ((leaves stage right))

• Thazar-De listens a bit to the bickering, an amused smile on his lips. He then heads off to find a magistrate.

• ::chuckles as he is walking off::

Senator, by your own words, not being a Magistrate your own opinion is without worth. As such, how do you know mine are wrong?

::continues talking to the other robed figure by his side in hushed tones::

• Within the shadows a rustling of robes can be heard… any who turn to face the noise see nothing.

Whispers linger in the air as the rustling stops... "foolish adventurers."

With that the sound is gone and the whispers fade.. nothing is there anymore.

• To all the clever dark robed figures quoting laws to her, Senator Senella has a simple reply.

"This is Peltarch. You do not tell us the law. You do not tell us how our law works. Our honourable Magistrate tells people this. Your own interpretations are without worth."

• Mariston looks out over the city his gaze falling upon the Icelace lake its fresh water sparkling the in winters sun and listens to the words spoken remaining impassive throughout. Though instructs the guards to keep an eye on those threatening death within the city or offering rewards when the intention maybe violence

• @4da457dd4d=Salsadoom:

Try insulting Umberlee in such a manner near the docks and see what happens.

Deacon comments, while passing by.

I'd advice not te, lad. Safety precautions. But then again, Th' lady Queen ain' a tyrant known ta enslave people an' promote superiority.

Walks off, muttering about how they are always dragged into arguments.

• Alright, people, this has gone on long enough now.
    Now, I'm no guard, but a few of them have been looking at you funny.

You think the citizens enjoy this kind of bickering when they're going for a stroll through the city or towards the market?

• Caling makes pithy observation in tone and impish demeanour so as to remove insult from it, except perhaps if heard by the most zealous and intransigent followers of a particular deity

'Well, maybe it's true. Could be that's why Ilmater is the Crying God… it's the thought of Bane's spiky gauntlets.

Doomy voice 'Take it, yes yes! SUFFER my fist, Muahaha!

• Lays his head back

And I'm sure the church of Bane is just one big flower circle of peace and understanding.

All I did was carry your statement through to its logical conclusion. But go on. Walk away all huffy. I'm sure it's proving your point somehow….

He reaches down to secure a corner of the bane/ilmater poster that had come loose on his chest, and smiles to himself

• The robed man exhales a quiet "tush tush" and shakes his head. "Always to the next insult and never to reason. Attack, attack, but never stop to think about why, or why not.

He turns to walk after his recently-departed comrade and muses, "those who fancy themselves righteous are too quick to hostility, to sharp tongues and sharp blades; their zeal creates a path of blood and bile and resentment, something they're supposed to be crusading to stop. Such futility seems a waste of life."

• Oreth looks up from his skywatching bench, at the most recently-spoken robed man

Well, since gods usually act through their followers, rather than directly….

...what you're saying is that banites have roughly the intellect, moral development, and judgement of, for example, a wild boar?

Sounds about right, I suppose. Does that mean we can keep them in pens and kill them for food?

• Lilly speaks up, "Piss off you doomsayers, if an evil god acts then a good god has the power to act as well, and lets think for a minute about how many more followers of the goodly gods there are than the evil gods. Granted, I respect Bane in that he is a god, but he can sod off if he expects to level a city in the middle of farking no where for a satirical poem that for all its hilarity has changed practically no ones opinion. Those that hate him still hate him, those that worship him still do. You wanted to kill most of us anyways, or subjugate us to your will…so piss off."

said to any of the robed figures commenting about Peltarch law near the postings.

• Another of the robed men comments that, "were I to provoke a wild and bloodthirsty animal or beast to run into the city, chasing me, he may injure me – and this would be my own fault. But were I to run past someone of elderly condition, or someone in wee youthdom, or a sick man, or anyone who could not keep pace with me, and the animal were to launch at them and tear through their flesh and sinew instead, whose fault is it? The beast or the provoker? Consider the lizardmen that have territory bordering your city, territory that no citizen or person seeking sanctuary is permitted to enter, in order not to provoke the lizardmen and endanger the city. The gods can be wild and bloodthirsty, and they can be territorial, and what's even more dangerous about them is their capacity to react poorly to insult that flesh-eating animals are small-brained lizardmen may not understand. Like temperamental dragons, but with omnipotence to boot. Tread ye carefully around the wrath of gods, most especially those predisposed to it."

• :;chuckles beneath the cowl::

Beleive as you wish, talk as you wish. If doom befalls you because of this, you can't say you weren't warned. You can't talk yourself out of this one. I for one am avoiding this bullseye of a town till I deem it safe again. Wise men and men of faith would heed my words.

::shrugs and walks off::

• If you truly believe that someone is going to be charged with a crime because you decide to murder them, you're a denser fool then I thought you were before.

1.10 is is a person casts a fireball at a rat and accidently roasts a commoner. It is for the shop owner that has his sign on too loose and doesn't bother to fix it till it falls and smashes into a citizens head. Making a statement, be it through words or through a poster, is rarely "negligently causing harm to another". If instead this poem stated that Ezachiel the Mage of Bane, killed fifty children the other night, and that caused the Sisterhood to attack him…then perhaps, that would be, for the person negligently made a horribly false statement that they knew to be false which caused harm to the specific individual they spoke of. This spoke of a God...not a specific person...in a satirical way that made no accusations that would cause someone to be believably incited to go off and kill bane because of this song, and this song along. So no, you miserable little createn, if you killed the poet you would be arrested for murder.

Really, I'm sure you could find some more straws to try and grasp for over at the Goat's stable if you really want to continue.

• So if I were to kill this poet, it would have caused harm, right?