Inquiring knowledge in demonlogy

• _Zoma, a member of the Guardian had been inquiring adventurers in the camp if they have any knowledge in demonlogy and the possible ways of one able to properly deal with demons if there are no personals from the Holy Order present when facing one.

When asked for the reason of such interest, the one eyed man explains to the person quietly so as not to raise panic to the common Galis in the camp that a possible demon may had been haunting the camp and needed information to be shared with the unaware adventurers and Gali guards in case the camp encounters it unprepared._

//Considering that there are some camp members I do not have the luxury to speak with due to difference in the timezones, just RP here in this thread should do.

• Why yes of course he is teaching me about magic. We sat here at this fire not but a few weeks back. What a lovely man. He is wise.

Although I am a bit puzzled about how these others say to handle a demon. can you not just disbelieve them?

Rilia's lavender eyes look ernestly to those gathered.

• _Though usually not really involving himself with much of the camp's happenings, Elor is quick to jump on this one.

Demons are all about Freedom. They want to do whatever they want, whenever they want, and they don't have anyone's interest but their own in mind. They see power as a way of freedom, and those with more power of any kind usually make sure they intimidate or beat those with less into service or death. And demons are powerful, very powerful.

If you're skillful, confident and you have enough luck to make Timora green of envy, you can persuade a demon to leave you alone. But, on the other hand, they're just as likely as to agree and leave you alone, or agree, wait until your back is turned and kill you all the same, just for the fun of it. That's what makes demons so dangerous._

• Zoma bows back respectfully to Shannon in gratitude, noting down all of the information that is important on the pages of a small notebook. Once finished, the one eyed man shifts his attention to Rilia with a slightly raised brow.

You know of 'Grey' as well? Surprised tone

Is there a possibility for me to seek audience with him?

Following that, Zoma continues to inquire more information regarding of demons, whether if it is dealing with them or if any Gali members had seen any signs of oddity in the camp that deals with shadows.

• Rilia looks wistfully to a spot near the fires

They are creatures from another plane than ours. Sir Grey teaches that they are created from our fears and dreams.

Rilia pauses her lavender eyes confused

at least I think that is what he said… goes to her bag looking for some rolled parchment notes.

• Shannon presents the following:
    @602b381558=a:

The Abyss:
    The Abyss is the home of one of the principal combatants in the blood war, the Tanar'ri (also called demons) and some other creatures of evil and chaos and deities. The Abyss is said to consist of an infinite amount of layers connected by the River of Blood, though the total number of layers is also quoted as 666. However, some of these layers have been identified and catalogued, as listed below:

1 - Pazunia[1] (also known as "The Plane of Infinate Portals" or "The Palace of 1001 Closets"[2] has been described as an infinte plain with only three types of distinct features:
    The river Styx flowing through it (as it does through the top layers of other evil planes).
    Large sinkholes which connect to other layers of the Abyss.
    Iron Fortresses which guard the physical bodies of Demon Princes when they leave the Abyss to astral travel.
    6 - Realm of a Million Eyes, home to the Great Mother, Princess of Beholders.
    7 - Phantom Plane, realm of the demon lord of the lizard kings, Sess'innek.
    23 - Icy Wastes, home to Kostchtchie, Prince of frost giants.
    45 to 47 - these three layers make up Azzagrath, the realm of the demon prince Graz'zt, the rival of Demogorgon. Other sources list these as layers 42 to 44
    66 - The Demonweb Pits, home of Lolth, queen of spiders and principal deity of evil drow, particularly in Menzoberranzan. However, in the current cosmology, the Demonweb Pits is a plane unto itself.
    74 - Smargard, home to Merrshaulk the yuan-ti deity.
    88 - The Abysm (or Brine Flats or Gaping Maw), home to Demogorgon, Prince of Demons, one of the highest-ranking demons in the abyss. other sources place Demogorgon on layer 666.
    ? - Ghoul Realm, ruled by the King of Ghouls, vassal to Orcus, Prince of the Undead.
    176 - Hollow's Heart, realm of the demon lord Fraz-Urb'luu
    222 - The Slime Pits, home to Jubilex Prince of Slimes, and Zuggtmoy, Demon Queen of Fungi.
    333[3] - Thanatos, the realm of Orcus, Prince of the Undead. Some sources quote this as layer #133.
    348 - Fortress of Indifference, ruled by Tapheon, the nalfeshnee.
    422 - Yeenoghu's Realm, ruled by Yeenoghu, Prince of Gnolls.
    489 - Noisome Vale, ruled by the Balor Tarnhem.
    666 - The realm of Baphomet, Prince of Minotaurs.

Vrock:
    The vrock is one of the weaker forms of demon. It resembles
    a cross between a human being and a vulture and does physical
    damage by biting and by using the claws on both its arms and
    feet.
    *resists fire
    *resists poison

Marilith:
    The marilith has a torso shaped like that of a human female,
    and the lower body of a great snake. It has multiple arms,
    and can freely attack with all of them. Since it is
    intelligent enough to use weapons, this means it can cause
    great damage.
    *resists fire
    *resists poison
    *high magic resistance
    *has humanoid head/arms/torso
    *has serpent body
    *can see invisible creatures
    *poisonous to eat
    *is a demon

Incubus and Succubus:
    The incubus and succubus are male and female versions of the
    same demon, one who lies with a human for its own purposes,
    usually to the detriment of the mortals who are unwise in
    their dealings with them.
    *Resists most evocation magic
    *has humanoid head/arms/torso
    *can fly or float
    *poisonous to eat
    *is a demon
    *visible by infravision
    *has infravision

Hezrou:
    Hezrou" is the common name a small demon. It is
    among the weaker of demons, but still quite formidable.
    *resists fire
    *resists poison
    *has infravision
    *visible to infravision

Nalfeshnee:
    Not only do these demons do physical damage with their claws
    and bite, but they are capable of using magic as well. Be wary of their spells.
    *resists fire
    *resists poison
    *has infravision
    *visible to infravision

Demogorgon:
    Demogorgon, the prince of demons, wallows in filth and can
    spread a quickly fatal illness to his victims while rending
    them. He is a mighty spellcaster, and he can drain the life
    of mortals with a touch of his tail.

Additionally he adds the following in carefully chosen words:

It seems you wish to know most how to combat these fiends. As such I offer you this - in combat they are resistant to all but the most finely crafted blades, or those imbued with magic. Most are immune to both electrical energy and poison, as well as resistant to fire, cold, and acid. Frequently, as in the case of this vrock I hear being described, they are also warded from most magicks and capable of summoning other demons.

As for the Vrock, they will attack with spores which burrow into the skin. These cause great damage to the host. These can be counteracted by a remove disease spell, bless, or holy water. Left unchecked they will grow tiny vines that will cause discomfort to the host, but will vanish of their own accord over time with no further harm.

The vrock's screech is also hard on humanoid ears.

Furthermore, should you ever encounter three or more vrocks, you must, at all costs, stop their dancing. After a time this ritual will release a very deadly electrical impulse.

Be mindful that what I have described are only the "usual" variety encountered. I would think the one we are dealing with here is substantially more powerful.

As for other demons… remember to keep men away from succubi and women away from incubi at all costs. They can bend the opposite sex to their will on a whim and turn them against you.

The bebilith, of which I have encountered nearly a score in my travels, will rend a warriors armor. They are quite resistant to most magics, and only a strong blade will penetrate their hides. Engage these with caution.

This is what I can offer to you at the moment. If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Shannon bows his head and places his hands behind him, his left hand clasping the right at the wrist, waiting further query.