OOC Talk

• @0da3965991=Oreth:

Herrold, Araighn, read up. Gobble basically said that if you want to run through Jiyyd, and say that your character is going around jiyyd, as long as you don't stop to RP, you're fine. The token would kill that.

Because, much like norwick, there's nothing stopping you from circumventing jiyyd except the engine.

I think we all understand what Gobble said. I fail to see what Herrold or myself said wrong. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, so let me say again.

We've been saying how if you want to get around Jiyyd you would do an "OOC walkthrough."

However, if you hold an enemy of Jiyyd token, then that "OOC walkthrough" would be nearly impossible.

Now ICwise, the token still couldn't stop your character from walking around Jiyyd, but OOCwise it's a problem.

So, if the banned person politely asks a DM "Excuse me, my character is banned from Jiyyd and can't do an OOC walkthrough to Ormpur because of my token. Could I please get a port to the beginning of the Road of Ormpur map.?"

That's what I meant. Sorry if I wasn't clear on it before.

• Herrold, Araighn, read up. Gobble basically said that if you want to run through Jiyyd, and say that your character is going around jiyyd, as long as you don't stop to RP, you're fine. The token would kill that.

Because, much like norwick, there's nothing stopping you from circumventing jiyyd except the engine.

• Since this probably effects me - I can't recall if Aspera was officially banned or just turfed out on the moment - then I would nab said token at a DMs earliest convenience.

PS: Jiyyd lands bit is new to me. Updated reactions.

• @1adbae52e4:

If the DM says you can OOC run through Jiyyd to go to Ormpur then the token is a problem. And he did.

In that case I would think the DM should port the player to the beginning the the Road to Ormpur map.

• @804185f9ff=Herrold:

@804185f9ff=Oreth:

Problem with the token being that it does eliminate the whole "OOC walkthrough/IC walkAROUND" tactic. If we're going to start dropping "enemy of" tokens on people, places like Norwick and Jiyyd should really be re-devved to have paths around them as they should, ICly.

You can still get to the orc lands. You just can't get through Jiyyd.

What is the problem? OOC run through? Our maps have no way through, its the price you pay for getting the token.

If you get the token, I would suspect the first thing you should do is change your papers. If you are an "enemy of Jiyyd" the last thing you should be doing is spawning there. I don't see the problem.

If the DM says you can OOC run through Jiyyd to go to Ormpur then the token is a problem. And he did.

• @913a7c43c4=Oreth:

Problem with the token being that it does eliminate the whole "OOC walkthrough/IC walkAROUND" tactic. If we're going to start dropping "enemy of" tokens on people, places like Norwick and Jiyyd should really be re-devved to have paths around them as they should, ICly.

You can still get to the orc lands. You just can't get through Jiyyd.

What is the problem? OOC run through? Our maps have no way through, its the price you pay for getting the token.

If you get the token, I would suspect the first thing you should do is change your papers. If you are an "enemy of Jiyyd" the last thing you should be doing is spawning there. I don't see the problem.

• Legion

DOnt go on the jiyyd long road unless you want to run to orcs was what he said. Other then that if banned stay off of jiyyd lands….

• @a8d00b976b=Zyphlin:

@a8d00b976b=Araighn:

He said if you actually have to walk through the town of Jiyyd to say get to Ormpur, you can do an "OOC walkthrough." That means ICwise your character would really be walking around Jiyyd to get to Ormpur. So no RPing with others. If you're outside the gates of Jiyyd on the Long Road, then you could RP with others all you want. Just hope a DM doesn't control a guard or Grag comes out there.

Actually, if I'm reading him right, people that are banned shouldn't be hanging out on the long road or the east road either as its jiyyd lands and technically guards should possibly be coming out there and beating a person, people could come get the guards, etc…right?

More or less. What he said was be there if you like but don't expect there to not sometimes be repercussions as these are Jiyyd lands.

• @e74cae2b23=Araighn:

He said if you actually have to walk through the town of Jiyyd to say get to Ormpur, you can do an "OOC walkthrough." That means ICwise your character would really be walking around Jiyyd to get to Ormpur. So no RPing with others. If you're outside the gates of Jiyyd on the Long Road, then you could RP with others all you want. Just hope a DM doesn't control a guard or Grag comes out there.

Actually, if I'm reading him right, people that are banned shouldn't be hanging out on the long road or the east road either as its jiyyd lands and technically guards should possibly be coming out there and beating a person, people could come get the guards, etc…right?

• Problem with the token being that it does eliminate the whole "OOC walkthrough/IC walkAROUND" tactic. If we're going to start dropping "enemy of" tokens on people, places like Norwick and Jiyyd should really be re-devved to have paths around them as they should, ICly.

• There is an no drop enemy opf Jiyyd token that will ensure that a ban is enforced.

Nothing like watching the guards kill a PC.

• He said if you actually have to walk through the town of Jiyyd to say get to Ormpur, you can do an "OOC walkthrough." That means ICwise your character would really be walking around Jiyyd to get to Ormpur. So no RPing with others. If you're outside the gates of Jiyyd on the Long Road, then you could RP with others all you want. Just hope a DM doesn't control a guard or Grag comes out there.

• um, nope.. I don't get it.. So if i'm banned from jiyyd. I can still walk around outside of the 'jiyyd map' but i can't RP with other characters?