A proclamation in the docks

• Drelan keeping watch over the warehouse and some things moving out of it can't help but loft a brow at all the sudden actions in the docks.

He's heard muttering,
    "As if anyone in the docks would listen to half the windbags passing through here of late.. They all know who actually has helped them and who has not. And listening to incompetent Dentin of all people? Good hells, he was the one that turned away trained arm men to watch over their things while things were on fire, because "they" had control of it. That's almost as bad as Mecizq telling us residents its none of our business what they do, when the same people they let go ended up murdering an innocent woman who was a mother no less. However, at least Mecizq is quiet. The residents have always been self reliant as they should rightfully expect to have to do. Someone should tell that idiot to go spout off in the Commerce and Civic districts where someone actually cares about these political games."

Drelan then tilts his head to someone whispering in his ear. "Not a defender anymore? Wonderful." He then motions his hand and people "kindly" prevent Dentin from comming near the Sails warehouse to annoy incomming customers. Often pointing him south and telling him to go there.

• Corana just smirks and shakes her head at all the proceedings before going back to her prayers and her blessings of ships and seafarers before their voyages.

• Kara Willendt scowls when word of the ex-Defender's tirade reaches her ears. "Funny that a servant to the god of smithing would proclaim that he knows better than a High Priestess with decades of experience and the local group of Kelemvorites, who would detest any presense of undeath."

• During one of his little tirades, just as it ends, Zyphlin appears and jumps up onto one of the boxes near by admidst the crowd. Sparks of magic go off, drawing the eyes attention as a loud noise snap goes, as he stands before them….a charming an cunning smile upon his face, his blue glowing tunic billowing over his body giving him an almost halo of light. He looks out over the people, his blue eyes connecting with each as he looks, and gives a kind small chuckle before letting the words charismatically laced with honey roll from his tongue.

Good people of the docks, I ask you. Do you ask a nobleman how it is best to load a barge?! How best to bait a poll to catch the fine fish the icelace harbor?! No! Who do you ask? You ask a man or woman of the docks, a man or woman that knows the terrain, that knows the situation, that understands it better than some person sitting on thier high or mighty thrown.

Mecizq…the same Mecizq that helped uncover the plot by Tidus to steal YOUR election. The same Mecizq that has protected this city from Demons and Cults, from Kobold sand Eastlanders...was declared clean and pure not only by our High Priest, who helped all of us dealy in bringing a cure to the Lotus Plague, Daisy AND by the Temple of Kelemvor, the God who holds dominion under the dead and whose clerics very purpose in life is to destroy them.

But you have this man, Dentin the fool, trying to cause YOU good people to do his bidding and his dirty work. To play his politics because he is inaffectual and is guilty for nearly costing as many lives as Mecizq ever did. He nearly drags Peltarch into wars again and again because of his own shameful and ignorant pride. And now, once more, his ignorance and pride leads him to stand before you, to try to get you to bring him more power for he is abashed that he is not lauded with more praise for his incompetence but yet a good man...who was under outside control but is no longer....who has done more for this city in his time then Dentin has, or ever will, gets welcomed back and he DESPISES it!

Mecizq is no more guilty for the deaths caused while he was under the control of the vile undead, then any of you would be if a Mage came by and forced you to kill the person next to you. Would you wish your brothers, your sisters, your fathers and mothers to be put to death because an Evil, Vile, mage or undead creatures MAGICALLY FORCED them to do horrible things?! Of course not, and neither should Mecizq...for while that body may have resembled our once and once more Cerulean Champion, that was all that it resembled...for his heart, soul, and mind was not within that creature.

Dentin has taken a lesson from my past Senatorial Run it seems. He wishs to state the "Truth". Sadly unlike me, the pititful fool does not know what the truth is. He has been in Peltarch for only a handful of years and already is powerhungry to the point of trying to manipulate you simply because he does not get rewarded. He see's people, GOOD peope, do GOOD things, and get rewarded and thinks that somehow it is unfair because his bumbling and warmongering doesn't recieve the same treatement.

The loss of life caused by the undead was one felt the Nars over, and espicially here in Peltarch, and it was a horrible thing indeed to bare witness to. But it was not Mecizq's fault that he was possessed, and what BETTER way to atone for that then to stand up, to aid Peltarch, and to see that no further life is lost from any Threat, from any Force, or from any enemy of PELTARCH!

So ignore the bumbling fool with the hue of envious green around his pride. Rejoice that the docks are safe, have a drink and a cheer, and know that those that actually care for this city...the Ceruleans, the Defenders, and the Scouts...will continue doing thier job, and protecting the fine people of Peltarch.

He gives a flourish bow, a charismatic and dashing grin upon his face, before hopping down from the box and disappearing.

• Dentin, realising Fadia cannot be reasoned with, sighs, turns and leaves the stray druid, far away from caves, clubs and nature worship, to her own delusions.

• The Halfling Defence League

Snippets can be heard from a very animated fadia…who is speaking a good bit louder than dentin

I don't give a fark about the politics! What you….

....At LEAST I want to be able to prove myself! You OWE me that after....

....which one? There are two cures!

...don't give two farks what Gond told you about the cure! Give me a chance to prove myself....

...personal? PERSONAL?! You're actively trying to rally people to KILL me!

Was that a threat? If you try anything, you'll find that...

• Dentin pulls Fadia aside, talking to her quite agitated.

Dentin…the fact that at this point you have nothing but my word is EXACTLY why I volunteered to submit to any means of magically or mundanely discerning whether or not I am fully cured. Go ahead! Test away! I want you to do this just so you'll shut up and keep my ears from bleeding!

For the love of the gods....

And...heh...if you can be mistaken...then how do you know it was really Gond who sent you this..."revelation"? It could've been the agents of Myrkul and the ghouls themselves. Or, for that matter, you could even be making the whole thing UP because you had your fragile ego damaged, or somesuch. But if you're not willing to actually test whether you or your 'vision' was right or wrong....then how can we ever know?

I'm not accusing you of lying, mind you. But I want to be given an opportunity to prove myself, and if you don't even want to give anyone that chance....well....that's just wrong. After all, if we're being untruthful, then we will be exposed...what with your 'divine' aid in this matter.

• _Dentin turns to Foillir.
    "How are you supporting me? I am no longer a Defender.. and as for a "job", I am a priest. Perhaps you should consider that without them, you would have been dead many times already. "

He then turns to Fadia.
    "We have nothing but your word on this. Yuo may yet be under the influence of the ghouls and not realize it. Yes, the cure has some effect. But it is flawed. And I may be mistaken.. but Gond is not. And it is by His word that I know of the flawed cure."_

Fad, on her way to the Ferret, passes Dentin by.

Right, and while we're at it, you're in league with the Machinist! AND the Mechanists! It's a conspiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiracy! She gestures wildly, but humorously

Now, I haven't seen Mecizq. I don't know if he's cured or not. And I don't know why no efforts have been made to cure others - I had been under the impression that the opposite was true. But I can assure you of one thing. I am cured. My goddess abhors all that's unnatural, and undeath certainly qualifies there. If I were still undead, she wouldn't grant me spells, she wouldn't offer me her support as I walk my path through life…yes, life, not undeath. I will willingly submit to any and all spells to prove this to anyone who wishes. That includes you, Dentin.

But if you're not willing to even investigate the possibility that you might be - gasp! - wrong, well then....take Foilir's advice.

• Foilir walks past leading a cart of ingots from the smithy towards his shop. He hears Dentin's latest lecture and cringes a bit. He stops momentarily, the continues *

"Lad, shut deh fark up anna get un honest job…"

• sighs *

<d>To think he is living off my taxes... Makes an honest dwarf go mad.

• with a quick yank he moves the cart quickly towards the west gate *</d>

• **_"The people of the city suffer for the greed and the lust of power of those that claim rulership, their lies thick as the smoke that rose from the city with Koreth's betrayal.

When even the elections, the very foundation of democracy.. of rule by the people.. has been corrupted by greed..

When the gamble of those who call themselves a Shield, in name but not in spirit, who are given priviledges far beyond that of any other citizen… who are with the cause of the deaths themselves.. as they gambled the fate of the entire city for their own glory...

When the deaths of hundreds is merely dismissed.. the murderer allowed to not only to walk free unchallenged.. but brought into the employ of those who would decide the fate of all citizens...

Who will answer for what was lost?
    Where can be turned to for answers?

As for what the Kelemnvorans might tell you.. they have been deceived.
    Their heart may beat, but who can vouch for their soul? Who can say without a doubt that those supposed cured are not servants of undeath still? When Gond himself granted me the answer.. when I was told of the flawed cure.. I must question their words.

Of course they say the cure works.. of course they say it gives freedom.. it is them who created this "cure". They may not see the fault in their Creation.. they may not see the flaw... but what of those citizens that were turned into undeath.. what of those Defenders and Guards that died defending the city, only to be turned to a fate worse than death?
    Why have no efforts been made to administer the cure to them?
    Is it because they do know the cure does not work? Or is it that one mage is deemed of greater importance than all?

Yes. What I speak to you of now will displease those in their ivory towers.. in their mansions.. those who are never seen amongst you.. who would never think of aiding you in your honest work.. who believes they are above such things...

Though I may be, the Truth cannot be silenced. Watch and listen well, good people.. many questions are to be asked.. many answers are being hidden from you. "_**

• Aarron simply chuckles as Dentin speaks and offers Kara a small smile as he walks home to get some rest

• Kara walks calmly through the streets and listens to the declaration quietly, clasping her hands together with the recovered badge of the purple dragons resting in her hands. After the long speech, Kara is heard to speak to those who were listening

He is a man who is blinded by his need for revenge. I tell you that Mecizq has been cured and I tell you that as a paladin of Kelemvor. We do not let such states pass by lightly. If he was still dead..

You can rest assured that Kelemvor's order and myself would be acting to put him to final death.

He is not dead though. Cut him and he will bleed. His skin is warm again…do not let yourselves be stirred up into a mob by someone who wishes him dead for a slight.

Trust me on this matter.

• Mark comes dashing through the streets, after hearing the rumour of Dentin preaching.
    When he reaches him, he puts a hand on his shoulder, pulls Dentin towards him, and speaks quietly in an agitated voice.

Will you stop this?
    I know you're ticked off about what's happening, and I understand full well, but what you're doing is going to lead citizens into revolt.

Think about this, I know you have a good head on your shoulders, now use it.
    Take care of this the way it should be done, and stop preaching, before you get taken in for disturbing the peace.