Public Notice Placed in the Crafting Hall by the Masters

• Mog think the Senators should consider letting it public knoweldge who bidding and how much. Seem odd to Mog that everyone know about the Union bid but then there a mysterious bidder.

• I believe you'll find the Senator was only suggesting he might be tempted to bid. Not that he had done so. The larger bid for the Hall comes from another source and I am sure when details are finalized the Senate themselves will be the first to know.

• Chuckles as he wonders where Strauss will end up if the Ashald's purchase the smithy .*

"Good show lad… Good show.... Anna smart too.... Of course, would hate to see dis appear as an abuse of power..."

• Pausese for a second *

"You bein a senator an all, anna havin no interest in dis property until it brought before deh senate....

Wonder what a magistrate would think of dis..."

• Taps his chin and starts walking towards the city hall *

"Nae worries lad, me will look into it fer yeh teh make sure dis all proper.."

• Smiles and walks off*

• Senator Aarron Ashald, sitting back the whole time as he works wood in the hall finally look sto everyone and states simply.

The senate shall discuss the present situation. Be at ease and know that I have received another offer for the hall. One which may make the Masters alot richer than the union wishes to give.

Personally, I have nothing against the union and wish to see trade increased within the city….but....the price at which certain people wish to purchase this established business for is ridiculus to say the least.

I would pay no less than 100,000 gold for such a place. It is an established business and brings in quite alot of gold. May actually put an offer in myself for it.

He grins and shrugs and goes back to tending to his wood

• Getting bored of the discussion, Belade spends a lot of time in the Peltarch Crafting Hall, now that she still can, making sure that she leaves the place cleaner than it was when she entered, as always.

• Insults are thrown all the time. Many people dislike many others. Let the Senate vote on the matter.

• DM

The owners of vanity plate come out of their basement into the crafting hall and after a discussion with the masters of the hall state…

"Alright, if you all are just sitting around and arguing with one another instead of proposing or even bothering to talk to us directly you can all get out and come back when you want to craft and work in peace."

They nod to arandor in approval of his words thanking him for his snippets of wisdom

"If you need some assistance getting your camp back on its feet i am sure we all would be glad to lend a hand or sell you any facilites, such as forges and wood-lathes and such, for a fair profit of course."

a couple of the masters give zyphlin a raised eyebrow and a frown hearing talk of a substantial payment promised in earlier years spoken of by dwin

*they take the public copy of the contract down and leave with a final remark"

"Right, take this discussion outside, to the commons or to the senators. I think we have had enough of bickering, honest folk are trying to work in here".

OOC: from this point on, consider anything in this thread not to be said in presence of the crafters inside the hall, as they are getting frustrated over the matter.
    Continue posting on this thread though.

• DM

The Magistrate states that he will pass on any offer for private purchase of properties in the city by citizens to the senate for approval or denial no matter who makes the offer. He states that it is the right of the masters and the owners of vanity plates to make such other offers public if they so choose.

He makes the following statements in public in the tradehall as various folks seem to be pressing for his comments.

"In my legal view the senate have the executive authority to prevent and approve the sale of this facility as it represents an important trade interest for the city."

"If the owners of the businesses resident in the establishment are affirmed to the specific, both contractual, prospective business and employment status of any offer, i am sure they will then make their final views formally known to their senators".

"In my view the masters and the owners of vanity plates were wise to put this into public discussion by posting the contract in public as it will cement in the name of good order the bond between senate and the populace of the city".

"It is also pleasing that so many non-residents are so publically affirmed to the long standing well being and wealth of our jewel of the icelace"

"I have full confidence that the senate will make the appropriate decision that is in the best interests of the city".

• Dentin merely shakes his head and leaves the "discussion" to those who choose to whine instead of act.

• ::chuckles and kicks up off the box, smirking::

I've heard quite the number of bard jabs and beliefs involved with dealing with them due to a few of them Sy'wyn. Same with your beliefs on the Phoenix due to how a few of them act. Don't try to play hollier than thou.

But yes. When we start talking about the "rightuflly elected senate by the people" its my time to depart. Please, all you norwickians and Jiyydians, please continue to tell Peltarch what is best for it. If the senate is stupid enough to believe you're idiotic claims I'll gladly sit back with a smirk and wait till I'm proven right like I usually am. So if people wish to throw thier arms open to the mob, so be it. It'll be fun to say I told you so.

• @419cb25949=Rando:

Looks over to Equinox

"Who did you ask for access to the halls in Norwick? You should have come and seen me and i would have given you a tour of the facilities. you must have asked the wrong person.

Heh, he asked ME!

Right after he insulted all of us in the union, he asked if he could inspect our halls.

I told him that he should speak to Magistrate Barrim directly, and that if the Magistrate advised us to let him, as our competing buyer for the hall, to offer him a tour I would gladly oblige.

He then parted with some very unkind words towards me and the union.

shrugs

• ::looks at Dentin and shakes his head smiling::

Now Dentin want everyone be sensible.

::sighs and goes to talk to the Masters about renovations to the Hall::

• Sighs, and rolls his eyes

Yes, Rando, because we surely didn't just spend half an hour finding new and creative ways of saying "One bad apple ruins the lot".

Then turns to Moe, and tilts his head

Interesting. Those people are in the circle now? I would think I would notice dead hins tied to trees, but if what you say is true, I should be seeking some of my brethren out and dealing with it. Because it does reflect on us, and always has.

But I certainly won't be sitting around and ignoring it. Which I suppose is the difference, aye?

Now…breaking norwick law? Couldn't care less if the circle has a reputation for that. Peltarch or Jiyyd, maybe. Peltarch and Jiyyd law have some basis in justice. But norwick? Sure. Reflect away.

Anyway, so who's doing all this hin killing? Names? Descriptions? Times?

• Rando just smiles at Moe with a nod of approvement

" Or Oreth with all the 'good' people of the union i must be 'good' due to the company i keep within the Union. I feel so much better now that you explained it"

• moe shrugs
    I've watched circle memebrs tie hins to trees, and kill them with magic, I've watched cricle members enter Norwick, and threaten folks and thus breakinng the law, so using your way of thinking Oreth, all memebrs of the Circle must be murderers and thugs, or at least sympathisers of such people. After all the company you keep reflects on you, right Oreth?

• Children, please. The senate will decide in due time on the ownership of the Crafting Hall. Kicking each other's shins until someone starts crying.. it is a disgrace. Prove yourself worthy of being considered sensible adults, and cease this pointless bickering. I am sure that you all have better things to do.

• Oreth glances to Sy'wyn

Bards and druids. Interesting that you don't specify Circle members and College students, as that would actually be the analogy that would fit the situation.

And if you were? You should let it reflect on us. Keeps us honest, and gives us a reason to police ourselves.

But then, knowing the company you keep, it's quite possible you needed threatening.

And then to Rando

You're really bad at talking. Also, thinking.

You don't need to break laws in town to be deemed amoral, worthless, vicious scum. We were discussing why people don't like or trust the Union, not assembling a court case against it. The law doesn't hide you from the ill-thought and scorn of the people, nor does it stop your bastardry….is "bastardry" a word? It should be.....nor does it stop your bastardry from reflecting on your entire organization. It is adorable to watch you flee behind its skirts every time you're questioned, though.

And we're already past the part of the conversation where Zyphlin explains that letting the Union buy the craft Hall was all part of his master plan to screw you all or whatever. Try to keep up.

• Master Dwin, let Zyphlin talk, more Zyphlin talk worse Zyphlin look, it does Union no good to argue with Zyphlin. The Union is here with good intentions, leave it at that. Mog sorry that some people have problem with Union, but the Union not here to run people out of business. Union is just here to invest in what it knows best.

Mog sure the Senators know best, that is why them elected in first place.

• chuckles

_"Name me a law i have broken in this fine city? Hell i used to serve this city as a officer in the defenders. People throw words around without facts.. it get tiring.

Most people here have personal grudges which clouds their true judgement. So some of you don't like me….. well i am hurt_ said with a smirk what the union is purposing is nothing to do with members personal ideas, but as a union as a whole, even within the union we are not all 'best' friends with each other winks at Arandor

_As for the other halls, they were brought off the towns themselves and no 'strong arm' tactics were used. the towns were more than happy with the amount of money they received in payment

As for you Zyphlin you were more than willing to 'take' a cut when we tried to buy them the last time. So your views have seemed to change now that you are not going to receive any money yourself.. Funny that.

Anyway its for the Senate to decide now and i am sure they will see this as a fair and honest deal._

Looks over to Equinox

"Who did you ask for access to the halls in Norwick? You should have come and seen me and i would have given you a tour of the facilities. you must have asked the wrong person.

• Sy'wyn wanders through Peltarch listening to the "speeches"

And yet, I have been threatened by bards and druids myself, and do not let it reflect on their groups. You all are missing the fact that the opinion box is gone. Let your Senate vote on the matter, they were elected by you to give your voice, listen to what they choose.