Jiyyd Rumors

• Rumors of some cult murmur amongst the regular attendants in the Regal Whore. Two humans, speaking with a strange accent and both dressed the same with similar style swords.
    "They're called katanas!" one man shouts.
    Preparing for a ritual of sorts it seemed, one knelt as if he was praying. A young legion man interrupted the proceedings to be yelled at by one of the men, the one who wasn't kneeling. Next thing you know there's blood everywhere. One of them stabbed the other right through. The Legion lad tried patching him up, and when that didn't work, he forced a bottle of healing potion down the dying man's throat. Then, the legionnaire..
    "His name is Wing or Ving or something!"
    Well.. Wing or Ving goes running out after the murderer/cultist.

• (this poem was inspired by an annonymously authored Holocaust poem, which I think is titled "I Said Nothing".)

Tacked to the doors and walls of the city, the following poem is scattered throughout all districts of Peltarch and the Town of Jiyyd.

_The Price of Nothing

They arrived in the city and gathered disciples together to pray
    A cathedral of domination and standing just inside the lines
    Their hearts black we knew it only boded things of evil
    Suspecting their plots and plans they made from cover of shadows

But we said nothing

They sought and acted to create dissention amongst ourselves
    The city heart filling with growing doubt along the lake shores
    And infighting arose and we knew where the roots of it lay
    The source of the black poison that filled the hearts of the foundation

But still we said nothing

Then they began to seek out the attackers of our chosen leaders
    In strange curiosity and growing interest in the violent actions
    Wishing maybe to aid and remove our lawmakers and protectors
    Exchanging them for a chosen of their pack of abusive hands

And yet still we said nothing

They gather power through disciples
    They create dissention amongst us
    They act to replace what is ours with theirs

They do this from the shadows
    We know the truth
    But have no proof of it

Are our hands truly bound from action?

All we do is wait

And still we say nothing

Tomorrow
    They will force us
    To serve
    To fear
    To submit

With their wills in mind and not our own
    For this is what we wait

The price of nothing

Soon we will be unable to say anything at all

The Raven of the Menagerie_

• A strange figue who weilded a sword and a whip apparently appeared to the groundskeeper Lilin Rodgers, all though the exact details of the event are not readily available

• Rumors spreads of a girl who was seen running through the area covered from head to toe in mud screaming "I'VE BEEN JYNXED!"

According to the rumors, she was wearing only rags and was covered so completely in mud that it was impossible to discern her facial features or hair color, or even her race, only that she was, in fact, female.

When asked what had happened she exclaims wildly:

"I've been JYNXED! I fell asleep with all my belongings. Gold, clothes, weapons, armor, everything! When I woke up I was miles from where I was camping. I awoke in a large puddle of mud. There was a man standing over me dressed in all black. I could barely see his face, but I think he had white hair."

"He said, 'FOR YOUR SINS YOU HAVE BEEN JYNXED!'. Then he disappeared into the darkness."

When asked which way and where, she she vaguely points off into the distance and then runs away. She hasn't been seen since.

• rando sits near the well, smiling at the news the council is taking. He can be over heard as saying " at least one bloody town is acting…finally"

• Rumors about the council members swirl about town. Some rumors suggest the council is going to take a stance against all known individuals who openly worship and claim to follow Gods of evil beliefs. Most town folks can be heard to applause the idea.

"For our childrens sake, I hope they do this quickly"

A dwarf can be heard speaking

"me ere nothin but Banite and Malar preachin all ova tha farken town. Bout time sumtin get dun. What wit them farken Helmy's. Thay swithin ta ta evils? Kanan nava wuld let them crawl aroun smirkin and praisin the dark evil ways, :hic:".

Ghend was heard talking in the Inn to Jaher

"I tell you, my father and Lens are getting old and set in their ways. Change is not always a bad thing. So, a few folks are not willing to pray to Helm. Personally I think all Helmites are full of themselves anyway".

Whispers can be heard and folks can be seen pointing fingers to those they suspect. Some falsely and others with merit. Either of which gives many folks an uneasy feeling as they walk around town.

• Wog can be senn looking annoyed around Jiyyd. When asked what hes annoyed about he will not give an answer. However rumors circulate something about new leigon members being promoted above him in the leigon. He denys this but dosnt look like hes telling the truth

// An ooc note beofre people start saying its just a game and dont get so stressed, im not bothered im just rping it like my char is so dont moan at me cos i dont like moaning 😄 😄 😄

• The Halfling Defence League

Rumours circulate within Jiyyd that a certain hin, caught for theft was being flunk out of the gates by a legion guard. But before he was, he revealed that he was being instigated by the very legion guard who flunk him out: Deacon Sterr, whose name he kept crying out and calling him "master".
    Tongues start to wag heavily about the corruption within the legion guards. Some gossip that Deacon Sterr is the mastermind behind the theft, others say the hin is an emissary sent to unmask the man who had been involved in shady deals, merchants could be heard saying "Black sheeps can mean trouble, lots of trouble…."

• Rumors spread that a dark clothed, heavy cloaked elf has been seen in and around Jiyyd much more often of late. Some talk of arrows dropping orcs and hobgoblins in the night, and a few others have commented on him attacking the orcs off and on with shield and blade, and helping those passing by. The women of Jiyyd of course smile knowingly at the rumors, taking it as proof of the love of Sy'wyn for Jirka.

• Rumours about the 'Whore speak of Kara possesing a relic blade from the old nars empire that she does not need, there have been suggestions that she's been looking to sell it on, or perhaps just hand it into the Guardians for use. Who knows?

• _A young human lad is seen in and about Jiyyd quite often these days, mostly sitting by the well, occasionally making idle conversation with anyone who cares to talk. He is instantly recognisable by a complicated looking iron splint bound to his right leg, and nobody can miss that as he seems to spend most of his time having to get up to close the gates before limping back to his seat.

He's been seen once or twice talking to the clouds in an exasperated tone of voice in the Chondathan tongue, "Orcs and hobgoblins on their doorstep and they won't lock the bloody gates to keep them out. I know life's full of little tests, but this is almost too much."_

• _Late on a dark night, Dwin is seen pushing a wheelbarrow stacked high (with a dark tarp covering the contents) into the Whore.

Some of the few folks that could still see straight at that time of the night remember Dwin getting a room key and discussing rates for an "extended stay" and a "nice view."_

• Whispers suggest that a certain attractive blonde elf that can often be found loafing around the well is usually willing to share news of the Narfell region and makes it her business to try and stay informed.

• Legion

It is rumored that Ragnar was spotted dragging a combat dummy into the Legion Hall with the word BANITE written across it's forehead. A target could be seen on the dummy's ass.

• Chaevre' has been seen talking to the Jiyyd locals about their skills and proficiencies, she seems to be looking for almost anything from baking, weaving, looming, sewing or tailoring, candlemaking, cheesemaking, weapons and armors, tools (especially tools) , pottery, painting etc; she asks to appraise some of their work and is able to put a value to their work, she asks some of the more skilled if they would be interested in exporting their crafts to make some coin, she gets more skeptical looks from many people but she assures them they dont have to make it a living but something here or there now and then to put some spending money in their pockets

Chaevre' does the same in the silver valley and seems to get more enthusiastic responce from the small folk

• Rumors are heard around town about a Narsman and other prominent figures of Jiyyd who are loading up wagons with valuables and are trying to escape the coming war with the orcs. Some hear they plan to start a new town in Damaran, others hear talks of areas by Peltarch.

• The Halfling Defence League

The elven elf Ethrun came into jiyyd after his patrol at the central plains with a grim face. Apparently the elf had sighted heavy orc snipers, a fey which was murdered and the occasional orc crusher, all of which had been quelled during his last patrol with the help of a priest and a mercenary warrior. However he warns more will likely return!

• A bald man in red robes came into the inn for a room and some ale. The topic of discussion caused the man to finish his ale rather quickly and excuse himself to his room. Bane recruiting the orcs as his army in Narfell, apparently didn't sit well with the man. Some say he is a priest, while others think he a criminal.
    "Dem scars on 'is wrists.. Dey be frum shackles.. 'im runnin' from somethin' I tell ya"

• Rumoursof Goblins and Hobgoblins fighting together on the near east road filter through town. Those that investigate find that they come from Amana.

Construction at the temple is seen in ernest. More sleeping pallats are seen going in fueling speculation that the Temple is expecting arrivals. Amana is seen at the front of it all organising the construction.

• Belade has been interrogating Zoma about his love life, which lead to him trying to strangle her. While he was busy doing that, she headbutted him, breaking his nose. After some more questioning, she came to the conclusion that he likes boys more, and is now looking for male Sunites (yes, there are some, honestly 😛 )