::New rumours heard in the Mermaid::

• Rumours circulate about a strange poltergeist like activity in the commons and the marketplace, seemingly mostly involving Senator Evendur, a strange colourful gnome of many names, and Magistrate Barrim.

Along with a few other citizens, and visiting noblemen and folk from the south, they were all affected negatively and postively by this trickster like spirit , and it was seen to disrupt trade for a while in the marketplace.

The fairly large group was then seen heading following the spirit to the foothills in the west, where the group later returned seemingly pleased if a little confused Magistrate Barrims' armour scorched terribly with electrical burns, his hand bound up in a well banaged dressing; the other engaged in discussion about the strange occurances.

• _Rumours abound of a song that is heard late at night by those out in the Docks districts, that is filled with an unearthly beauty, but also with a terrible sorrow. Those that claim to have heard it say that the song induces an air of despair and a near-unbearable ache in the heart of the listener. One particular drunk even claims he heard the song in its entirety, something about "a love song" and "night".

A rumour also circulates that dead birds and rodents would be seen in a particular section of the Docks one day every week and how the street sweepers have come to regard it as haunted._

• Tensions rise in the city when the bodies of four mercanaries are discovered in the sewers, some speak of a deal gone wrong, others of a mysterious cult in white robes.

• It becomes known to many that the merchant Chaevre' has moved to Peltarch, she is becoming interested in the politics of the city, but seems mostly interested in seeing to her day to day business

• Rumour begins to spread of a man that several times a week, visits the dock wearing a suit of almost golden armor always goes to the same pier and performs some sort of ceremony. It involves always falling to his knees holding a sword point to the ground while pressing down on the hilt and staring out at the ocean while muttering what some have snuck up on him seems to think is a prayer as often Helm and/or the Red Knight are mentioned in some context, and sometimes dropping some object into the lake. The man almost always ignores everything around him, except when severly pressed in which case he often just turns to stare at the person never rising until they leave and he finishes the ceremony. Eventually the rumours get more wild, and some seem to think they see an insidious look in his eyes

• Cerulean Lieutenant Eowiel Senella can be seen venturing to and from the Knight Headquarters with a controlled look of annoyance not long after the incident with Nate became public knowledge. Apparantly she seems to have alot on her plate.

• Rumours in the mermaid suggest that..

Recently, Knight Nate's uniform was confiscated by Lisa the Guard after it was found during a routine check of citizen papers that he no longer held citizenship in the city, and holds a oath bond to the Gypsy Camp.

The gypsy camp friends that were with him did not seem to mind, but following the actions of the guard he left for the south with the other Rom.

• The group returned later, carrying the bloodied, dead body of Belade Galadon with them. She later left the temple alive, and went home, to the gypsy camp

• According to a few guardsmen, The Norwick Chancellor visited the city recently, along with a few barbarian militia and other assorted adventurers along with Nate of the Bardic College.

Perhaps it was Nates incredibly flamboyant and clumsy cloak, that he wore but the group was seen heading off far into the giantspires, folk still wondering if the bard and his norwick friends have returned.

• Those in the commons note a strange sight. Roland appears unusually cheerful, and seems to be enjoying a muffin. Some suggest the paladin is retiring to bake pastries. He just grins back.

• Stories spread of a thief found wearing only his small cloths in his victum's house, the man refused to reveal where he hid the loot, claiming a woman stole it from him. The thief hasbeen sent to the cells to contemplate his life of crime.

((three docks children turn to a life of petty villany to survive 😉 ))

• _Evendur is rather enthusiastic about the Azuthan sermon that he has recently organized. When questioned, he claims that the recent actions of the Blue Circle Mages and Advisor Keram's assailant, among other things, have led him to believe that the city is in dire need of a reminder that responsible arcanists still exist.

Speculation might swirl in more educated circles that there is more to this than meets the eye. Perhaps the Senator is trying to attract a certain crowd…_

• Mirkali sighs, commenting over his ale

"It's cause tae great manager there is foolish, bloody more foolish than I… Meh, those mages gave me my 32nd death, and I warned 'er anyway, don't make 'er out to be this 'poooor victim'..."

Mirkali rolls up his right sleeve, revealing a piece of parchment stitched on the inside, a row of tallymarks glow when he touches them, seemingly 32 tallies for every death.

Mirkali then takes another drink of his ale, before adding.

"Now I have to find 'er and bloody 'ave a good talk."

Grumbles as he gets up, tossing a few pieces to Anah and looking for Gildor, mumbling curses as he goes.

• Rumors goes that Gildor was attacked in the hills nears the kobolds.

_"Ah yes, I heard it from the Ferret, its all they talk about, how some mages just teleported out of nowhere and gave her a right trashin' before she could act, I heard she was found barely alive in a pool of her own blood"

"how poetic"

"I heard there was five of em, and she faught em off heroicly to the last man"

"I was told it was seven and they had with em.. err armed guards with, uhm.. summoned celestial badgers all in platemail"

"the celestial badgers had platemail?"

"Yeah..? Whats so strange about that"

"Well I have heard crazier things, this -IS- Peltarch afterall"_

• _While Senator Evendur Mildsilver appeared to have been rather exasperated during the performance of the recent play, he claims in retrospect to have found it quite the enlightening spectacle.

In other news, an odd rumor has it that Evendur has only recently recovered from a rash known as the Sembian Itch. If approached about this matter, however, the Senator scowls and launches into a diatribe against Rath Ashald, of all people. Strange, indeed._

• Syne has seemed particularily moved by the play, talking at length about how well Zyphlin had acted.

"I tell you, he was so believable, so in character. They were truly the roles he was born to play. The man is truly at home on a stage."

• Zyphlin can be seen walking around town with a grin on his lips and a tune on his tongue, most famously known as "Rath is great"

• Talk on everyone's lips is about the new play by the bard Nest (or Nate as some would have it), everyone who's everyone, and quite a few who arn't anyone has been to see it (some more interested in the free ale than the thespians) and talk in the taverns is of Rath's exploits and the performance. Even Rath's enemies admit the bards put on a good show, some suggesting it may have been satire…

• _Rumors spread of a dangerous panther that was recently seen prowling the plains east of Peltarch. Apparently the cat possesses a cunning that far exceeds that of most animals, and is capable of melting into the shadows in plain sight. Speculation ranges from "demon cat" to "mutation," but whatever it is, it's deadly.

Senator Evendur Mildsilver has issued an advisory to any hunters in the city, suggesting that they find their meat and pelts elsewhere until the threat is taken care of._

• Word begins to spread that the gypsy bard, Penny Lane, is looking for anyone who knows anything about the history of the red dragon, Rass. She is apparently looking for any and all information, from how old the dragon might be to any stories about Rass's actions over the years. People who know her well say that she is beginning to write an epic poem/song about the life and history of Rass. Word also spreads that she can be found most days at the Romani Camp, and would welcome anyone who wishes to contribute information over a glass of wine or ale.