Whispers at the Fire

• A second, even larger beast simular to the first has been seen burrowing out of the earth attacking people at random. It's huge, pale hide seems nearly to glow, and it's breath as it roars brings a wind of stale death.

Hin and other small people are advised to climb a tree or other high object if the earth begins shaking. Running along the ground seems to attack it's attention, as does rythmic vibrations, such as that caused by mining.

• The area immediately south of Norwick is riddled with giant collapsed burrows, and at least one member of Jandor's guard has huge teeth-like indentations in their armor.

"Bloody farkin 'ell, I was just standing duty when this giant beast…bigger than two horses mating it was!...jumped out of the earth and swallered me whole.

Thanksfully I were rescued afore I ented up monster droppin's, but I need a farkin vacation."

The large beast was eventually slain and cut up into steaks, and is being called everything from a landshark to a gurd'muncher. Hopefully no more will be spotted, and people are advised not to bend over any large holes they find dug in the earth.

Some have even equated the appearance of the monster with the arrival of the lizard-folk to the south, but no official statement was given by any parties.

• A man in darkened plate armor has been known to provide spiritual guidance to skilled hunters plying their trade in the Rawlinswoods. Oft he has been reported to come upon a wounded or beleaguered warrior or ranger with spells of healing and replacement provisions. Some of the forest's more perceptive denizens speak of dark, sinister-looking rituals performed by the red-skinned man far far into the deep woods.

• Rumor has it that a group in the woods claims relationship of some sort to the norwick family. They are seeking something here in norwick. They have asked after Tarien. They have also inquired about one named rando.

• Small bands of half-naked warriors are spotted in the Rawlins. Some groups are comprised of many young warriors, who often attack without warning, gnashing their teeth and frenzied to the point of unthinking fury. Other bands are led by older warriors who keep the youngbloods in check, directing their attention to the few remaining goblins for sport.

• rumors spread about a horrid sight in glen near vino

"I was going to go meditate in there, and I saw this woman" gasps "Staked to the ground while this man was..I ran to the south fires for help and many came to help save the woman!"

• Rumors about large two fingered footprints being found in the deep areas of the rawlinswoods start flowing. Some even say to have spotted large scaly creatures mining ores or hunting heavy animals.

• ((The whole body was decayed, just that the NWN engine doesn't allow you to dress up skeletons/zombies, I I had to use a human model to give it robes and a staff.))

One or two people who catch sight of the robes, older residents of Norwick, mention that it looks like older corpses from deeper in the crypt are showing up more recently, rather than just the average farming accident victem.

• ((Sorry about that, that post by kreutzkevic was made by me, I just forgot to log out of my brother's account))

• Yolanda had been overheard at the fire about a strange corpse she found outside of the town((it said narsfolk shaman or something)).

I don't know what it was, it wore a red robe, and a black helmet with stag horns.
    When I inspected it, it turned out to be human, apart for his left arm.
    That thing had places without any flesh, as well as parts that were rotten and decayed, and, don't give me that look, the places without flesh didn't have any bite marks, and considering that the rest of the body wasn't rotten, it couldn't have been natural decay.

she shivers

It worries me greatly… looked too much like necromancy to my taste...

• While at their posts, the two guards strike up a conversation one late night.

"Hey," said the male guard, "Did you see what happened the other night?"

His female companion looked back and replied, "You mean undead attack? I had that night off. I hear there were freaky things."

"Damn right there were! Lots and lots of zombies which stank so badly it'd make you sick, and spirits that kicked up small rocks from the ground and threw them hard at defenders."

"Yeah, and I heard there were some huge skeletons. I think I saw a skull of one lying about, it's gotta be from some giant or ogre!"

The male guard nods with a grimace. "Those things hit hard. But still, I'd say the town fought off the undead pretty well. That Kelemvor paladin lass, Kara I think her name is, really threw herself at them. But you know what really was freaky to see?"

"No, what?" the female guard asked curiously.

"That blond half-elf, Tindra, did it again. Changed into a huge cat right before everybody. Granted, she went and fought the dead folk as well, but it was still unnerving to see her do it."

"Oh yeah, her." She shook her head. "I can't understand what's up with her. Aren't werecats just monsters?"

"I asked some of the older townsfolk about that. She is supposed to have the town's acceptance cuz she stopped a huge pack of werewolves from attacking."

"I guess that could be. I've seen her spending a lot of time with the druids, they's surely have done something about her if she was killing folk out there."

"Unless the druids are in league with a murderous monster. Didn't they give that Mecc a chance?"

"Good point. Guess we should keep an eye on her."

• Krig tells those who would listen of the standard being set by one Mingal Cross. Apparently he has taken to charging only certain people to enter and leave the inner camp. 1500 gold was asked of Krig, Uthger and Kalina to enter the camp after an exploration of the gnoll area, where giants had been gathering of late. At the same time however, other Non-Camp members were allowed to walk freely into the area without this extreme toll applied. Krig has been proposing the powers of Norwick to charge a toll to Mingal upon entrance to Norwick. Either that or an outright ban as had it not been for Cotton, the stubborn threesome would still be sitting there, locked in. Word also spreads the Krig has listed Mingal as Enemy of the Council of Moradin.

• After a short period of inactivity, charred corpses of small animals are starting to be seen in the woods around Norwick again.

• Tindra asks about town for the Sunite known as Belade, wishing to speak with her.

• A new arrival has appeared in town, sometimes seen standing outside the south-gate, yellow robed with greatsword at the ready always quick with an encouraging word, or close to or inside the shrine to lathander.

The dark haired man bears a well bred accent from Tantras, and is seen each dawn in public view offering prayers in public to the morninglord.

For the moment, the man seems to eschew armour sometimes simply stating if asked that "The morninglord will provide…" with a charming smile.

• Fine puts up a more sturdy fence around his cows, and any time they start wandering toward the gate, he waves a branding iron that says "BAD COW" at them until they wander back into the pasture.

• The quiet, dark armored man has been seen walking amongst the hunters of Norwick, providing healthy provisions in his god's name and granting divine blessings of the hunt in exchange for small offerings.

One pair of huntsmen drink a toast to the man who saved them from a particularly vicious goblin who'd had them cornered just a tad too far from town.

• Rumors speak of a quiet man living alone in the woods, granting powerful enchantments to hunters that pass and leave offerings at his shrine.

• _Those with eyes that tend to focus on the darkness and shadows might see shifty forms following in The Nameless Monk's wake. The more perceptive of these might note warriors in dark garb following, stalking, and keeping watch over the Iron Monk from innumerable vantage points. It is unclear if they intend harm … and The Nameless Monk takes no note of them.

She does, however, visit the Headquarters of the Shining Order of the Phoenix and speak with the Tony Fryar._

• Uthger can be seen pulling a blood stained drow head from the helm used to be worn by Mara. He laughs in the face of all those she fooled and tells all that will listen that he is convinced that this Mara/Shai person was also Sasha the ranger. Uthger can be heard asking for Amissa