The GREAT

• Ha! You're coming back? 😄

A shame Besun is dead/retired…

• OOC: well, well… drunken gun! You are quite simply a marvelous story teller. I felt as if i was actually watching every emotion filled moment. You paint such a delicious, wonderous image ... im speechless... (which is a rare thing: just ask tric .P )

anyway, congrats on the terrific success of your FIRST show and i look forward to the next with eager anticipation.

PS also look forward to RPing with you again soon... 😄

• OOC: Ah, I was wondering how someone actually rolls checks and such, apparently theres a wand I dont know about (still havent actually really gotten past creation yet, but hope to soon.) About when do you guys get on together, um… if ya can, translated into central time? If ya dont know just give me a rough estimate, because yea, when I got through creation, and found myself in the gypsy camp it was rather lonely one night, haha. Thanks for the speedy reply and patience with my newb questions!

• OOC

Thanks, Ken 😄 The story romanticized the event a fair bit, but anyway…

First things first, I guess. GREAT is a just a bunch of players with chars who are friends and who call themselves a troupe every once in a while. We are not an official narfell guild but we have put in a submission that is roughly what you see here (there are two versions, the one on the bottom is a little bit more story stuff but the one at the top has a larger list of interested people):

http://black-flag.com/nwnforum/viewtopic.php?t=7199

It's not entirely up to date regarding how many people are interested. I think the number stands at a little over 15 but don't quote me on that.

Q1 Davies pretty much set himself a dc (difficulty class) and then used the emote wand to roll a perform check to see if he would proceed swallowing the sword successfully or fail and start to choke. He done quite a few rolls as he went through. He basically typed out a description of what he was doing according to the whim of the dice. Maybe next time we'll raise the dc for him by getting him to swallow a double axe. 😉

We do all sorts of things and are only limited by our imaginations, game mechanics and character abilities (like what sort of spells or feats we can adapt to use in the shows). Then again, there are things that are just purely rp'd which work beautifully like Davies sword swallowing and Aff's song.

Q2 How does someone join us? Talk to Dagoth (dwarf mage, likes to wear green) or Dram Rosenfarel (hin rogue, likes to wear red) ingame and express your interest. Or, if you can't see us talk to any of the people mentioned in our pseudo guild charter thingo and see what they have to say. I doubt any of them would have a problem telling you abotu it IC or OOC. It'll help if you have some sort of talent or feature or an idea for an act to do yourself but if you don't it's no big deal. Dagoth and Dram have a knack for finding hidden talents for prospective performers. Of course, what they come up with will usually put your char at risk of bodily injury 🙂

Seriosuly though, anything you think up can probably be made workable no matter how far fetched it sounds. Truth be told, I was not entirely sure how well Lilith's wrestling thing would go because there was so much that could go wrong and did (she took a big critical while doing that act :shock: ) but I guess that's half the fun. Get something that might blow up in our faces and do it. We practiced the fireball stunt quite a bit before we actually performed it and I think our success rate only just nudged 30ish%. Makes it all the more sweeter when it works.

Only concrete prerequisite is you need to be a member of the gypsy camp which it seems like you already are so no problem there. But please note that we are a chaotic and loose bunch, the troupe. We only really get together to do the big shows so you wont really be able to use guild membership as an rp prop if you know what I mean? Like perhaps if you had a character who was a member of the Norwick militia. That is what he could rp being all the time if you wanted to because it's something that's always there. On the other hand, membership of GREAT can flavour your character but it wont actively shape them. Perhaps further down the track but not anytime soon.

One last thing, most of us are Aussies and thus on at the same time so that can be another obstacle to you if the time zones don't meet up well (I regret that Perius and Cera and others couldn't be there because of it). The gypsy camp can be dead at certain times of the day.

So, yeah. Thanks for your interest and see you ingame.

• (( HAHA THATS SO AWESOME! Got a couple questions, im totally new and trying to get oriented on the gypsy camp, which I intend to join. Question: How did he RP the sword swallowing act? Bravo on the story tho, thats great. And another question: How does someone join you guys? Another: How many are in your troupe? Umm… so many questions a little while ago, haha. Oh well, seem to have forgotten most of them, now for the IC part of the post...)

Eyes glimmer in hopes of someday seeing such a show, his thoughts are consumed with nothing but joining such a troupe even if its a stage hand

You are incredible, fine troupe!!!

hands back the parchement with some sadness to his eyes, and his face works hard as he tries to recall what he has read and preserve it in his own mind

• :shock: :shock: lith read the parchment Dagoth handed her, a small smile creeping accross her usually serious features. - ahh its wopnderful , Dagoth !!! -rubs sides ahere the beast had bit deepest- "almost like being there again , eh?" onlly not so bloody…the crowd really thought i was going to die right there on stage , eh? and dram too? -grins- not a chance , eh? "
    ack, don't lookat me like that , dagoth.. it all came out fine.. even if the beast was a tad bigger than i expected, eh?
    and dram.. he didnt take even a singeing? all his eyebrows and little beadr in place?...
    -hnads the parchment back reverently-
    So when do we do it all again?

• Well done folks! Sorry I couldn't make it, but I'm glad it all went with a bang 😉

• A fantastic experience… I enjoyed it thoroughly - both in the watching and reading 😄

Equinox Stargazer….....

• Wonders if it took longer to perform or write.

#1 Oxy Moron - Microsoft Works

• thank you dagoth
    thats a great nay GREAT read
    nice to be able to have an idea of what we did without the nervouse organisation rattleing like a manic auditor going through my head.
    good job 🙂 😄 😄 :lol: 😄

• ((For the life of me, I wish I was there…bravao!!!))

• claps