Tips for Bards

• Tumble is a SoU feat and therefore legal in Narf. πŸ™‚ Good luck with the street performing, I think the Bard is the perfect class for that.

• I play a street preformer which uses mainly acrobats, wasn't sure what class to use, thought of monks, rogue and bard, went for bard cause I had preform and pickpocket, cause well it might be a preformer, it's still some one from the streets, wandered if other agree with me on that.
    but could someone tell how evil I am with skills in tumble? cause I couldn't find it anywhere on the server rules (I did read them rather quick), cause I use it as acrobatic skill for my character.

• updated

added table of contents
    fixed typos
    made it easier on the eyes

• Update:

Fixed formatting errors and typos. Changed instrument RP section. Added audience response section.

Probably going to redo the entire guide soon, this is a rough draft.

• Very nice Khira - The guide is awesome and you RP a very fun and well rped Bard!

Best of luck and look forward to seeing you in game.

• Thanks, google image search…

• Or be this Naderi worthy Avatar bard:

• Made me wanna play bard.

• So, Nad, where did you put that picture that Baynoor and Dragar picked to be Adam and Meril? :lol:

• Updated.

Added alignment info and RPing how to carry instruments not available in Narf/NWN.

• very nice, thank you for this post

• Great guide.

I enjoyed reading all of it πŸ˜„

I have never Rped a bard but I have always thought that it must be hard to do.

And now I have got it confirmed

• Very nice post. Lots of good information here that should get people excited about playing bards.

To further that excitement, here are some pictures to show what you can bring to Narfell by startng a new bard

Join a musical group!

Be a soloist at a local tavern

Entertain the masses

Or be like this Illuminatus-avatar-worthy bard

• So um…. when do we get the quickie? πŸ˜› :twisted:

• Luni gave me some good ideas, so in the next week or so I'll be updating to version 1.1…I'll make it a little more user-friendly too...

• Khira, this was truly excellent. Well done! πŸ˜„

• This is one piece of art πŸ˜„ Perhaps it should gets its own sticky? Since there is no other guide for bards.

• Even though I'd never play a bard, very well-done guide!

• Well done! For people who aren't used to the class, the sheer range of choices available for bards, both rp- and engine-wise, can be very daunting. This guide should help people create their characters without trying to shoehorn them into a particular slot.

If you're considering playing a bard and haven't before, it's definitely worth a careful read or three. 'Specially since there are Narfell-specific hints and suggestions throughout.

-F.