The Away Thread

• So… NWN EE seems to run ok on our semi-old laptop. Step two is to hook it up to a bigger screen and then see if I'm able to get mah lil' toons up and running IG!

• Busy for most of the week, back towards the end of it.

• Nothing to report just yet - I ended up procrastinating all weekend with tech-anxiety (our coffee machine has just broken down, so there's two gadgets to fix and not enough coffee to think straight while doing so). We do have a spare laptop that's not entirely ancient, might be a better option than fiddling with one that's only barely functioning as it is.

• @134a1a3622=Karnivor:

Thanks for the encouragement, folks - no news to report on the ol' 'puter front just yet, but I'll try to look into an upgrade of sorts over the weekend. Just a liiiiittle nervous that attempting anything will make my aged machine give up the ghost entirely. It's as old as my Narfell days, feels all kinds of wrong for it to now not run the game!

Where are we on this?

• One more weekend of faire, then I'll be on more often. I'm going to be starting a voice acting gig that'll take up some time, but should still be much more free in general!

• @91879272db=Karnivor:

Thanks for the encouragement, folks - no news to report on the ol' 'puter front just yet, but I'll try to look into an upgrade of sorts over the weekend. Just a liiiiittle nervous that attempting anything will make my aged machine give up the ghost entirely. It's as old as my Narfell days, feels all kinds of wrong for it to now not run the game!

If you are looking for a new machine, do NOT get a laptop running the built in Intel HD graphics no matter the iteration, the game has problems with certain tilesets on that chip and currently beamdog has no fix. FYI

• Thanks for the encouragement, folks - no news to report on the ol' 'puter front just yet, but I'll try to look into an upgrade of sorts over the weekend. Just a liiiiittle nervous that attempting anything will make my aged machine give up the ghost entirely. It's as old as my Narfell days, feels all kinds of wrong for it to now not run the game!

• @b33d60bbac=Karnivor:

So uh… my computer is too ancient to even install the fabulous new and enhanced NWN. Since I've been away anyway, this doesn't make much of a difference, though I'd been preparing to peek back in more often. Johant's going to help me with figuring out a few options but for now, getting IG is sadly a no-go.

I'm in IT, shoot me a PM and I'll help as able. 🙂

• @9bcf9ff852=Karnivor:

So uh… my computer is too ancient to even install the fabulous new and enhanced NWN. Since I've been away anyway, this doesn't make much of a difference, though I'd been preparing to peek back in more often. Johant's going to help me with figuring out a few options but for now, getting IG is sadly a no-go.

This is an outrage, who's going to stop Rey from falling off the wagon now??

• @4eefbd9295=ClownBaby:

@4eefbd9295=Karnivor:

Unacceptable. We’ve got newbs from all over visiting Hotel Narfell and we need our MVP working the front desk, so figure something out. NOW!

I'm going to buy EE sometime this week, and I expect to see you BOTH IG!

• Vick is back and he needs your characters. Where are Lyka's innocent daughters and granddaughters? He feels lost without another generation to endear himself with. Hope you can make it in, the place is bumping about with some oldies falling in.

• We really miss you! Narfell the game is little changed under the new version. But boy, has it made a difference to the population (and the DM attention). It's like the old days six or seven years ago. We even had two gate attacks this past weekend, one in Peltarch and one in Norwick. I hope you find a way to join us soon.

AubreyMaturin

• @6de6ff4aa1=Karnivor:

Unacceptable. We’ve got newbs from all over visiting Hotel Narfell and we need our MVP working the front desk, so figure something out. NOW!

• So uh… my computer is too ancient to even install the fabulous new and enhanced NWN. Since I've been away anyway, this doesn't make much of a difference, though I'd been preparing to peek back in more often. Johant's going to help me with figuring out a few options but for now, getting IG is sadly a no-go.

• Away for a week or so! Can still PM on forum's for those involved in my stuff!

• Hey folks,

I know it's been a month and change. Sorry! I got a new job as a sales manager, and still have my bodyguard license, so things got busy. I have weekends off… But I've been doing Ren faire every weekend. I'll be back in a month or so, maybe popping in once in a while, but things are crazy atm.

Pm me if you need Leena or Cecil. Thanks!

• @AubreyMaturin:

It's Thanksgiving Week in the USA and that means family reunions. I will be driving my crew to Ohio on Wednesday and returning sometime Saturday (25 Nov). See you all after that.

AubreyMaturin

Stealing this for my post because basically, that.

• It's Thanksgiving Week in the USA and that means family reunions. I will be driving my crew to Ohio on Wednesday and returning sometime Saturday (25 Nov). See you all after that.

AubreyMaturin

Characters: Romulus Grey, bard the bowman
    Trotter, spooky halfling ranger
    Shesarai Foutopolis, red-haired cleric of Mystra

• The Halfling Defence League

Working late every night this week, so I won't be around much. Should be back to normal on Saturday!

• Busy time of year at work for me too, but I'm staaarting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Come next week, things should be calming down considerably and leave me with more creative power to spend on fun and games.