Tavern Rumors of Peltarch

• _Rumours speak of the elven arcanist Elvadriel and her teleportation habit still going strong - this time she is said to have appeared at the Commons in a flash, alongside the bard Isolde and a dark-haired beautiful woman in red clothing.

In a more sinister twist on the same subject matter, specres later appeared in the vicinity of the elf, taking quite some effort to defeat. Eventually, Elvadriel teleported away, the hauntings and the unnatural chill to the air dissipating.

A third and unrelated rumour, strongest in Defender circles, buzz and speculates about the deadly brawl between two friends and collegues, right at Guard Captain Lisa's coffin. Whatever caused such a horrible falling out?_

• Rumor has it Anna slammed the door on Lunia, Nate, and an ebony-toned woman moments after letting the three out of her house. When asked why, she simply replied shouting through the door to please excuse her, she had cleaning to do, though it wasn't unpleasant, the Chauntean priestess did sound annoyed.

• Rumors of a Legion tale being spun filter down to the taverns of Peltarch…..

A dwarf is heard spelling this yarn in the Ferret...

"Aye lad... heard it from a kin who heard it form his kin... all up and up... and a dark yarn..."

Sergeant Alvaniel Danicen falls through the gates to the Legion Hall, her demeanor is pale (even for a Moon Elf). She struggles to her feet and files the following report:
    I was on my usual patrol on the Long Road and decided to check into a cave that holds ore that I like to work and dire animals which need to be checked on. To my surprise I was attacked by two dire bears, two dire tigers and a handful of dire pigs. I really took no heed at first as I thought I had startled them. Will admit, this battle took many of my potions and skills. It was then that I saw what caused the stampede in my direction.
    I pillar of swirling light of all colors was toward the back of the cave. Despite being on my own, I investigated. I have been distressed by voices in my head since the Well of Souls took notice, but the screams the emanated from the pillar and portal were near deafening. Then a voice, no body, a single monotone voice filled my head with taunts and dread. I tried to flee, but my feet would not move. I could feel the black shadowy ghost circling me, taunting my fears, weaknesses… toying with me like a cat with a mouse.
    Letting me fight for my freedom, he summoned undead… not ghosts but undead vrocks, dire wolves, specters, wraiths, elements… feeling my very life essence being drained from me, he called off his forces and asked me to submit and let my soul go to him as my god would not even bother looking for it.
    Taking my last restoration potion, knowing my heals were down to one, when ‘the creature’ had finally had enough and came at me…. Again life essense and power were drained form me, and I felt I had once chance….. make it to daylight could be my last chance…
    Shrouded in his darkness, I could feel his presence near me, touching my cheek, enjoying every moment of his victory…. “you are and will be one of my favorites,” I could hear his voice in my ears and also in my own mind….. with that brief let up, I spun and ran toward the entrance of the cave… letting Shevarash guide my way in total blindness. My shoulder slammed into an outcropping, I let out a little yelp but did not look behind….. the light… the cave entrance… would I die so close to escaping…. I felt his breath, his laughter, his dominance… I dove… rolled and felt it… shading my eyes, the sunlight, low on the horizon…. Had it been that long… behind me I heard a terrible screaming as he tried in vain to leave the cave.
    Seeing the height of the sun, I knew one thing… I needed to get back to the safety of the tower. I ran… I do not remember anything but running…

• After the rumoured ruckus at the Peltarch College a few days ago, which ended up in a frantic chase through the sewers and streets of Peltarch, Inquisitor Zarah'kifa offers warnings about the individual named Reyhenna. This woman is wanted for several crimes against Peltarch, its citizens and its infrastructure. She is to be avoided by any civilians and reported immediately to the closest authorities should she be spotted within the city's walls.

• Elvadriel, Helene Loyallar, Lunia, and Anna are rumored to have appeared in the commons by running and jumping through a dark "tear" in the air. Inside the tear, one could see Peltarch - but dark, twisted, and a mocking version of itself. Behind them, it is said, there were reaching shadowy arms and tendrils. They were all severely drained and near death. The arms continued to reach and grasp at them, but hissed and recoiled at the light beyond the black and shadowy rift and at the intervention of Isolde - who was present and screamed at them loudly.

Apparently, they recovered the missing Cerulean Knight, Tristyn who was unconscious. Captain Talbot ordered Tristyn bound, gagged, and placed in him a cell.

[DM Xanatos Gambit]

• Alvaniel attends the service, and gives a salutes in memory

• Shesarai, wearing her blue Cerulean cloak, pays her respects to Lisa and walks silently away with tears in her eyes.

AubreyMaturin

• Chea is seen after the ceremony, asking quietly about details … Afterward she meditates a while & speaks proper mantras for Lisa's better rebirth.

• Lycka likewise attends, even wearing the dress blues she usually shuns for their unflattering bagginess - a token of respect for the sake of one of the city's most diligent and long-serving servants. Her daughter Nica stands some way back in the crowd, hands clasped and her head bent in quiet contemplation.

• ::Nate Wingates attends the ceremony as well, standing by and near Eowiel. He also wears an old Cerulean Knight's uniform, with one star on it. His expression is dour and somber, and he pays his quiet respects::

• Eowiel, a familiar sight during the siege, but typically rarely seen outside of the Cerulean barracks or the bardic college since, takes up a short shift as part of the honor guard over the course of the tenday, solemnly marking her respect in her dress blues.

• The Halfling Defence League

A slender, possibly elven woman, in simple robes of faded violet and with her face shadowed by a large cowl, leans on an old and gnarled staff of oak while she pays her respects to captain Lisa. She does not stay to speak with anyone, and leaves shortly after doing what she came to do.

• Hearing word of Lisa's passing, General Theaon arrives to pay his respects to the fallen Guard Captain.

• _Guard Captain Lisa's body is now placed in a sarcophagus outside City Hall. The people flock to pay their respects to the most diligent and honorable Guard the city has likely ever seen.

It is announced she will have an Honor Guard around the clock for the next tenday until her body is brought to her final resting place. The rhythm of the Battledrummers chants can be heard throughout the city day and night as they sing to the Captain on her journey to the next life.

A legendary woman has fallen but will not be forgotten._

• The petite manager of the Lucky Ferret, Black Sails captain Sabre Seesaw, claims the bouncer's absence is due to a lover's quarrel - between "George" and the second bouncer "Bob". While the two are usually inseparable as though they were twins, George's eyes reputedly wandered across too many a customer's firm buttocks for Bob's temper to hold even. Sabre's ordered a little time off, while emotions cool down.

((OOC: a kindly DM probably shifted the bouncer to give me time to log Sabre on and resort the accursed Shoppe - which I will do once "George" is back in action!))

Rumours from a more refined neighbourhood speak of a well-attended evening performance in the Residential district by the bard Isolde Garibaldi and an unknown halfling gentleman playing the viola. The following song filled the crisp night air, the singer's swaying blue-clad shape shimmering in moonlight as an alluring mist settled about her like tiny diamonds:

"He came riding fast like a phoenix out of fire flames
    He came dressed in black with a cross bearing my name
    He came bathed in light and splendor and glory
    I can't believe what the gods have finally sent me~

He said, "Dance for me, fanciulla gentile"
    He said, "Laugh awhile, I can make your heart feel"
    He said, "Fly with me, touch the face of the true god"
    Made me cry with joy at the depth of my love~

'Cause I've prayed days, I've prayed nights
    For the gods just to send me home some sign
    I've looked long, I've looked far
    To bring peace to my black and empty heart~

My love will stay till the river bed run dry
    My love lasts long as the sun shines in the blue sky
    I love him longer as each damn day goes
    The man is gone and heaven only knows~

'Cause I've cried days, I've cried nights
    For the gods just to send me home some sign
    Is he near? Is he far?
    Bring peace to my black and empty heart~

So long day, so long night
    Oh gods, be near me tonight
    Is he near? Is he far?
    Bring peace to my black and empty heart~"

((The Dancer - PJ Harvey))

The reclusive nobleman sir Winfred Hasshoff, usually spurning social occasions, is said to have been so moved by the performance that he left his estate to meet the singer in person, awarding her a handsome tip.

• George, the main bouncer at the entrance of the Lucky Ferret has gone missing. Some think it is gambling debts, others say his past has finally caught up with him. No matter what it seems adventurers are unable to purchase anything from the back rooms as entrance is no longer available.

• Anna and Maria were seen in the commons with an energetic halfling woman loudly pronouncing just how awesome and great they both are. The halfling woman was apparently rescued from orcs, and is named "Aesso the Amazing." Anna and Maria showed her to the bardic college after giving her some gifts.

[DM Xanatos Gambit]

• The third star Cerulean Knight named "Tristyn" has not been seen for some time. He was last spotted having conversations with a few adventurers in the public square - some claim he was conducting some sort of investigation. However, since then, he has not been seen either in the public square. His colleagues in the Knights of the Cerulean Star claim they have not seen him at the Cerulean Knight offices in the town hall either.

He has vanished.

[DM Xanatos Gambit]

• _For the last few tendays, northern Narfell has been suffering quite cold weather. To some this is normal, Narfell has been "too warm" for a long time now, and things might be returning to how it should be.

However, what happened in Peltarch would be everything except natural, as in a snowy evening, ghosts began to manifest in the commons area, attacking the bystanders.

A few adventurers aided in the defence, however they thought to be at a disadvantage and decided to retreat into the Inn to prepare their blessings and wear their armours.

After a short while, the adventurers came out charging at last, and with much struggle they managed to defeat the powerful ghosts, not without having a few more close calls. However, the assault had not ceased while they prepared, and it cost several casualties to the city, including the old stalwart captain of the Guard, Lisa Braithwraite. The Defender Healers informed that nothing could be done for her life, and at long last, Lisa has reunited with her god.

It is unknown if there will be an official public ceremony to bid Lisa a last farewell, but the news were received with a heavy heart. Some of the adventurers were devastated when hearing the news, having known Lisa ever since they were little children playing around the commons, and they will doubtfully ever forget the bold captain of the Guard._

• _Scattered rumours speak of a horrific swamp monster, made of living vines, thorns and mud, proving an extreme challenge to several adventurers, both seasoned and green. Kobolds are said to have joined in the fray, and one rumour even suggests the gigantic monster had a lizard creature inside of it, steering it like a puppet.

The beast was by all accounts slain, but is this the end of the dangers from the swamplands or just the beginning?_