Tavern Rumors of Peltarch

• Sir Ky'Amendos Wefneren of the Order of the Divine Shield warns those he can of demonic forces within the kobold cave in the swamp. He tells of encountering numerous quasits and a demonic looking manticore. Unable to proceed further, he came back to Peltarch to give warning

• "SLAADI!", the lanky half-elf exclaims, waggling a pair of gruesome tongues illustratively to whoever is willing to listen at the Peltarch commons.

"You'd think kobolds are mean enough, yeah, but these leaping red friends of theirs are even worse! Did you know they reproduce by implanting eggs underneath your skin, and then the baby slaad eats you up from inside!? Makes you wonder why anyone would want to make friends, doesn't it? Unless kobolds have a masochistic streak a miiiile wide..

There were three of them in the Warrens, but Andrew chopped frog's legs left and right, BAM, SLAM! Win!"

• ::A few days later, Defender Shallyah is seen putting up a notice at the City Hall's billboard, as well as asking any guards and Defenders to be informative about the situation in the Nars Pass, especially to those that plan to travel southwards. The notice reads as follows::

Due to recent expansion of gnoll tribes, it is strongly advised for citizens of Peltarch to exercise extreme caution when transiting southwards through Nars Pass. Area is not safe to travel through as recent gnoll activity patterns show that even north end of Legion Tower pass is currently subject to ambushes from their younger and stealthier types.

These creatures are victim of yet unknown plague that could have dire consequences to one's health. Citizens be reminded that at this stage Peltarch's authorities believe that this plague can spread dangerously and quickly, and so in order to keep Peltarch from harm anyone found carrying plague will be denied access within Peltarch's walls until cured.

• ::The Defender Shallyah begins to actively warn any citizens heading towards the west that the area is not considered safe anymore due to increased orc presence, and they may want to be cautious when venturing in that direction::

• Word has it that the Red Haired diviner, Zahra has been openly seeking to enlist the aid of an expert in conventional medicine, specificaly curatives to combat disease. Though she has also been heard to say that she is not interested in any applicants who have divine magic at thier' fingertips.

• _A Paladin has been doing the rounds.

He has been patrolling the taverns and public meeting places in his_ “QUEST against EVIL”. He is dressed in a shiny suit of armour that could only be described as the male equivalent of the chain-mail bikini. The suit includes an exceedingly large codpiece. A full faced helm conceals the paladin's identiy, and seems to amplify his voice a little.

Some of his antics:

@7d9f775c11:

FEAR NOT good people, I AM HERE TO SAVE YOU FROM EVIL!
    sniffs the air Hmm …
    NO EVIL HERE! But BE ON YOUR GUARD! For EVIL lurks AT YOUR DOOR! Its DESIRE IS TO HAVE YOU, But you MUST MASTER IT!
    And be sure of this – draws a wooden sword my NAKED TOOL IS DRAWN! And VERILY I shall smite down WICKEDNESS with the ROD of CRANKY WRATH!

@7d9f775c11:

FEAR NOT! I am HERE to SAVE YOU! And VERILY I do say unto YE, THOU SHALT BE SAVED! Indeed with such a GLORIOUS SALVATION that your neighbors, who have a LESSER SALVATION than you shall have, shall be ENVIOUS of your GLEAMING SAVEDNESS! And lo they shall be in SIN for such ENVY! And such sin shall put them in GREATER NEED FOR SALVATION! And you shall refer them UNTO ME! … here’s my card… YES! And VERILY they SHALL BE SAVED! But not with a greater level of salvation that YOU have of course!”

@7d9f775c11:

FEAR NOT GOOD MEN! I am here to SAVE your daughters from their LONELY NIGHTS!”

@7d9f775c11:

FEAR NOT! I AM HERE to LIBERATE ye from BONDAGE to SIN and FREEDOM!
    sniffs the air Hmm … I detect the stench of mirth in this place.
    CAST IT ASIDE GOOD FOLK! JOY does lead to HAPPINESS! And such a state lowers one’s GUARD against DEVIATION from DOGMA!

At the Regal
    @7d9f775c11:

AH! I see a FELLOW PALADIN in this PLACE! I shall give unto thee THREE GOLD COINS! Consider it a DONATION to aid you in your QUEST AGAINST DARKNESS! INDEED! Reveal your GLORY UNTO US!

@7d9f775c11:

FEAR NOT good folk. I am HERE to RID THIS TAVERN of SIN!

sniffs the air Hmm … no evil here tonight.

… wait …

sniffs again

YOU! points at random tavern Patron – one with no wedding ring I DETECT IN YOU THE TAINT! sniffs Aye … the taint of … LUST! Lucky for the object of your DESIRES you are a COMELY FELLOW! WHO WILL SAVE THIS MAN of his UNFULFILLED PASSIONS!?

@7d9f775c11:

MY WORK here is DONE!
    REMEMBER – If thou touch thyself too often VERILY THOU SHALT GO BLIND!

• Legion

-delete me please-

• When Maki finally meets with Mystic she would tell him "Sweet little Maki dont you worry, I was driven by curiosity and knowledge. I could not afford such treasure but it be valued to have known its composition"

• Maki would apologize sincerely once meeting Mystic, having told her that the ring had been sold to a young woman guard with silver hair.

• Mystic hear about the rumors and sets out to find Maki…

• Rumor has it that the halfling Maki Hiltold has made a ring with Tymora's luck of almost legendary power, and is looking for goodly folk to sell it to or trade it. It is said to not only increase the wearer's strength, but to also strengthen mind, body, and soul against traps and magic, as well as make them impervious to all but the deepest of chills. He says that it WILL not come cheap, and trades are preferred.

At this point… he can be seen avoiding the docks district.

(OOC: Removed OOC part. Use descriptive words IC! -DM MrNiceGuy 🙂 )

• _A rumour about a mutilated and chewed kobold runs around the City of Peltarch.

Some claim that the kobolds have turned into cannibalism, eating their own kin in effort to try and make the race strong with only the best of soldiers. Some speak of hungry travellers, some of dark rituals, some even claim to have seen tribesmen walking about the area in search for food.

Even the physical appearance of the kobold is questionable: Some claim it to be chewed to the bone, some speak of ripped arms and legs while others claim the heart to have been missing. Someone even says that the kobold was drained of all the blood, like a vampire of legends had attacked it.

Whatever is the truth, it is hard to make out from the speakings of old wives and eager young boys dreaming of becoming fearsome adventurers one day._

• Legion

Rumors swirl of a Fire Giant sighting in the western farmlands.

• Troff Legion officers General Theaon Thorn and Captain Romulus Grey came into the Peltarch Commons to report a major gnoll ambush on the road through the Nars Pass. Three gnoll witch docters and more than half a dozen diseased gnoll younglings attacked the two Legionaires, but were beaten by some serious spell casting. Theaon and Romulus then recruited Peltarch Defender Shallyah, Swordsman Andrew, and young Elvira for a patrol through the Gnoll woods and den. Young diseased gnolls have continued to congregate outside the woods since then, but at least no more casters were among them.

Login: AubreyMaturin
    Character: Romulus Grey

• Rumours has it that Mystic River is descreetly asking around for the location of the Reshnor residence.

• As the mageling Mystic is quietly resting by the tree in the commons the sundial makes a clicking sound and strange small tin men errupted from it attacking anyone close. With the help of Robyn it could finally be put to an end. What were those things?

• The red mageling was seen walking through the south gate giggling happy with a huge box of chocolate. Her eyes twinkling, satisfied and obviously suffering from a sugar high, licking her delicate fingers clean from what ever creamy cacao that was left

• Despite the chaos and tragedy of recent events, some well-known locals look to be in fine spirits. Luke, Sabre, Korlis and the red-clad merchant Scarlet can often be seen conversing, typically taking their business over to the Lucky Ferret. Rumours may spread about a new store being added to the dockside tavern, though clearly it's early days yet.

• Mystic is seen visiting Vanities and other shops looking to purchase the finest dress coin could buy

• _Word goes around the Jewel that there are a quartet of new merchants in town, working out of the Seafarer offices. An elven master craftsman, an elven enchanter, an elven potion and comestibles merchant, and an elven clothier and seamstress (hem hem!).

For the moment they seem to be setting up shop and getting to know the city, but when asked they advise that they're in Peltarch for business, and they intend on making gold while the sun shines._