Tavern Rumors of Peltarch

• A notice outside the Temple of the Triad indicates that the bodies of two adventurers have been recovered from the deeper parts of the Hidden Cove, apparent victims of the spiders. Any next of kin are directed to look for Elena Arguyle to assist in returning them back to life and/or to claim their belongings of worth.

//you know who you are, don't give up on your PCs! :nod:

• Lady Ashena, Knight of the Order led a patrol into the Peltarch sewers, accompanied by Romulus and Fabian. A number of unusual things were encountered. Not only gelatenous cubes, but many grey and crystal oozes and slithering trackers. Romulus was reminded of the time such entities were conjured by a Gnome follower of Talona in the Graveyard and ruins of Norwick.

They also encountered a troll whose skin glowed green with some kind of magic. The three adventurers were able to dispatch it without serious injury, thanks to the many protections and magical enhancements given them by Rith Phoenixfeather of the Temple of Lethander.

Login: AubreyMaturin
    Character: Romulus Grey

• The remains hang in mid air, floating above the floor of sewers. I know what I’m looking at. Straining my eyes I can just make out the edges of the jelly cube. It isn’t moving. My suspicion is it it’s satiated after a meal on some hapless adventurer. I rarely get this close unnoticed, none of my normal tricks and distractions work on these things. I can’t help but stare at the remains inside of the transparent beast.

Three steps gets me close enough to gut the beast with my bastard sword, and its cohesion breaks as it drains off the landing and into the fetid waters of the sewer. The remains slide to the floor and a metal object tumbles to my feet. It is a holy symbol of Torm. My thoughts go to my friend Pherdur Kelm, and the number of times he had come to my aid. I feel I owe him, and by extension the other followers of Torm that I have met. Perhaps maybe I can pay back part of my debt.

The jelly has dissolved most of the flesh from the body, a few brittle and pitted bones remain in a loose pile. The equipment faired better. I pick up the plate armor. It is forged to the proportions of a human woman. My mind goes blank as I scoop it all up. I don’t remember the walk from the sewer. I barely remember leaving the gear at a friend’s apartment. The candles… I remember the candles. Row upon row of them in the temple of the Triad. They bring back memories of someone I thought I lost.

Who was this person who’s remains are almost unrecognizable? Was she someone’s long lost love? A confidant? A friend? A mother? Who mourns their daughter, lost to an unknown fate? There are stories here I don’t know. Ones I’ll probably never know. There are times life seems a little too finite. Is this what fate holds in store for all of us?

I light a candle. It has been a long time since I’ve done so. I make a prayer of thanks. I know how I’ve been blessed. If Torm can find it in his heart to restore this woman, one of his faithful, I would be grateful, even though she is no one I know. To me she represents something. She represents all the people who helped me in turning my life around to one that’s worth living. Take your price from me Torm, for that which I owe.

The temple is still and quiet. I’ve seen miracles, but I know better that to expect them.

I lay out a blue robe for her to wear, a note on where to find me in the pocket. Maybe… just maybe… she’ll need it.

• "I knew there was something eerie about that man. More the reason why I declined his proposition for joining him in his dealings."

The cleric of Torm, rested her hand on the hilt of her bastard sword and tipped the barkeep with a sack of gold coins. She exited the Norwick tavern with nothing else to say.

• Upon hearing the news about captain Loc, Moon rushes to the Peltarch stables, grabs the first horse in sight and thunders across the plains southward.

• Rumor has it that the Norwick militia captain Locrian had fallen when adventuring with Cecil and a young female greencloak. The little selunite Mooncandy had helped with the recovery process. Some time has passed and it seemed the young woman, a helmite warrior from the far east would not be returning, though for the good captain, it still remains to be seen, and his body is currently being preserved within the chauntean temple.

Though seen still working at the lighthouse, the hin is not seen nearly as often walking around and about the city since the incident happened.

• Victoria and Romulus, accompanied by a young gnome named Jenisis, were returning from a copper mining trip when they encountered an Ancient Copper Dragon in the first level of the Kuo Toa Cave. Despite being a little annoyed that none of the three understood Draconian and he had to speak Common, the dragon was not hostile. He said that he was hunting for Mimics, and suggested if the adventurers needed a little excitment, they should try being a dragon. They offered him some gems they had collected, which he took and then lumbered off towards the entrance to resume his hunt.

Login: AubreyMaturin
    Character: Romulus Grey

• Clad in black and gold, the elven wizard Sirion has made a return. The baleful staff still in his possession seems at odds with his attitude. He is seldom belligerent. Some of the stories even say he was seen kissing a girl.

• _Upon hearing about the appearance of rats and wererats in the sewers, a likely looking hin dressed up like a guard begins poking around sewer entrances and overflows, looking for clues and signs of egress.

And no, an egress is not a type of bird._

• A massive group of rats and wererats erupted from the sewers in the Commerce District, disrupting all trade and traffic for well over a day as the Defenders engaged them in combat. Rumor has it that a group of adventurers descended into the sewers and slew them but became cursed themselves.

• ::Chea can be seen wearing new blue cloak with silver dragon symbol, while struggling with sword under direction of a few Defenders::

• ::A young, withdraw white-haired woman wearing a simple breastplate and two large axes at her back, is seen in company of Yana, the Peltarch Guard Sergeant. While often they'll just talk quietly, sometimes they leave inside the city's training facilities for hours::

• Ardent has been seen mentioning to people a get together in the Grapevine back room to talk about scouting, sneaks, and FREE BOOZE.

• Labur is once again seen frequently entering and exiting the Peltarch Brewery, smelling to high heavens of hops and malt!

• In response to these rumours, the fetching Elven maid with ankle-length white hair Senma "The Strategist" Tethae'lr openly admits to those from whom she hears them, "I am an Elf, and I wish to become a Senator, for the sake of reforming the Senate and Peltarch's government into an instrument of the people over whom it governs, rather than letting it be an instrument for age-old rulers to achieve their own personal, commercial ends. And certainly I would want those Peltarchan Elves to have their say in this government, alongside the rest of us."

• Rumors spread that, with two senators dead a new round of senatorial elections is coming soon. Some whispers speak of the elven delegations looking to get a representative on the Senate for the first time in some years.

• Ardent may have been seen talking to Lenny and Hemrod, two people she calls her favorites in Peltarch. She casually mentions to them if they happen to run across someone who knows an elf named Men'ar that Aramuil may be willing to talk to him on neutral ground. Then she drools over the scrolls some and departs.

• Legion

After acquiring an amulet bearing the seal of Tidus from Hemrods, Senator Martoushca begins making inquiries about who sold it and where it came from.

• _Elena Arguyle has been seen visiting merchants down at the docks and the market, a leather-covered tome in her hand, taking down notes. At other times, she might be seen outside of the city walls, sometimes with some Defenders, supply baskets in hand.

Ordinary cityfolk entering the city hall might observe posters calling for donation of new heal kits, as well as requesting for volunteers to join a "healing aides" group after receiving free basic healing aid courses._

• Ky’Amendos Wefneren has been attending the Temple of the Triad much more frequently as of late. He will always attend the regular sermons and prayer times when in town. Sometimes he will pray and meditate for an extra hour or two seeking Torm’s guidance. He prays each time asking for the courage, strength and wisdom to follow the path that the Loyal Fury demands of his faithful warriors and knights and that one day he might be found worthy to earn the right to serve as a true servant of the Loyal Fury.