Spellweaver Magic Duels

• ((All right, I'm gunna try to do this this Saturday, at about 5 pm est. Depending on how many folks show up, it could happen. Meet at Spellweaver Keep courtyard. If you need maybe an hour or two knocked off so you can attend earlier or later, feel free to post a time you might like.))

• Hearing the news about de defensive cast, Vanderkaus goes to Spellweaver to sign up.

• ((well than yah I'm interested with Belma'r))

Belma'r makes an effort to show up, but his inability to keep track of time properly may get int he way of things

• //I agree Zyphilin. I'd love to see more events like this. I know we had such a thing going in oscura for awhile. A dueling league of sorts. Maybe this will be resurrected too. I only wanted to clarify that it was in fact -NOT- going to be part of fight night. As for the haters, well, that was just a friendly elbow nudge to all the people that are missing out on all the dark chuckling. :twisted:

• @fc9f2fd678=Teringer:

//If this is going to actually become a part of fight night it should be open to all (bunch of haters :P). If Ronan wants to keep it a separate spellweaver event, he can set any rules he wants. Just my personal opinion.

This is actually the reason I hope Ronan does this outside of fight night. I always kind of view fight night almost in a quasi-ooc bubble because so often ICness is put at a back seat for people getting along, everyone just having fun, and fight night going smooth and simple with everyone on the server showing up in Norwick. I think its kind of refreshing to see a player trying to set up a big event in character, acting in character, tailoring it to fit in character, and limiting it in character, on a server that pride itself on being one of the best RP servers in NWN. Fight Night is great for what it is, but I think the mentality that Ronan's showing here is something that should be supported and cultivated far more as the norm than as a Hater 😛

• ((Sorry if I didnt clarify sooner, but this is a Spellweaver deal, not for fight night. I just thought I'd make it easier by putting it at the same time as fight night a day earlier.))

• //If this is going to actually become a part of fight night it should be open to all (bunch of haters :P). If Ronan wants to keep it a separate spellweaver event, he can set any rules he wants. Just my personal opinion.

• //Just don't rotate out the archery please! begs

• @065a8c2d0f=MexicanCookie:

((If this catches on in popularity I wouldn't mind rotating it in as part of Fight Night. We could rotate events in and out by doing 3 of the 4 events each week.))

// <g>Clusterfark</g> mage duels! I like it. I'm game if you want to rotate this in as a fight night event on Sunday. Saturday nights are often busy for me, so I can't commit to be your regularly scheduled Saturday night DM.

• @8047fa1720=Kayleb:

@8047fa1720=Vilehelm:

Anakore considers … but notices Ray of Frost will most likely not cut it in the higher tiers, even empowered

//I still think that's he best spell ever though. "Bzzzzzt Brrrr!"

((I added a new rule called "Super Defense".. this bit inspired me to add it. Trying to include as many people as possible (Within my character's IC standards, example being not allowing banites). I hope this can get a few of the fighter/mages in to take the hits and hopefully survive it to bash their opponent in the tie breaking melee match.

• Legion

@cea071b4ee=Vilehelm:

Anakore considers … but notices Ray of Frost will most likely not cut it in the higher tiers, even empowered

//I still think that's he best spell ever though. "Bzzzzzt Brrrr!"

• ((Didnt say it'd be next weekend. Since the server isnt all mages and casters, there will be a bit of time to set up a date for this. If you're interested, just post here. Depending on how many show interest, we'll then set a time.

I dont think it'd be good to make fight night even longer with this. By the last event, a lot of people have already left. So I'd prefer to do this on a seperate day then fight night.))

• María shows interest in joining and goes to the spellweaver quickly

• Legion

((If this catches on in popularity I wouldn't mind rotating it in as part of Fight Night. We could rotate events in and out by doing 3 of the 4 events each week.))

• Anakore considers … but notices Ray of Frost will most likely not cut it in the higher tiers, even empowered

• ((fight night is getting pretty long… adding a whole new kind of event like this would make it that much longer. I think everyone should be able to enjoy their own kind of competition (archery/boxing/wiggling) but to try and do it all in one night (IMO) would take too long.))

• ((Why not make it part of fight night? There's a DM online, people like to watch, and magic duels are FAR quicker than two folks with Improved Expertise trying to roll 20's))

Diadne will swallow her pride and enter. She'll almost certainly lose, but losing is often a learning experience.

9pm+ EST

• ((I'd love to coem but wont be anywhere near a computer next weekend. Good luck all! No Belma'r to steal away victory))