Vault Restore Request

• @29599c921c=Akhet:

Might as well get in on the hot restoration action … πŸ˜„

Login: Akhet
    PC: Kia Velarii

(Timeframe would be somewhere mid- to late '05 (I think), if that helps.)

This one is a problem. There was a "lightning strike" back in late 2005 and we lost all the PCs from then and earlier. The oldest complete vault I have is from 2006, and there is no folder for Akhet in it or any later backup.

Do you have a local copy of the PC, or is there someone still around that might remember them?

• Zorg is still in your vault, Masterbad.

• Might as well get in on the hot restoration action … πŸ˜„

Login: Akhet
    PC: Kia Velarii

(Timeframe would be somewhere mid- to late '05 (I think), if that helps.)

• If someone would be so kind, mine's a mint julep…

Login: MasterBAD
    PC: Zorg of the Iron Chain Clan

• @5492097a88=Nimbrethil:

I had a druid back in the days around level 9. I can't for my life remember his name, nor any record of him even existing on the forum. It's possible he's from before the "lightning strike" in which case I guess there's not much I/we can do.

If anyone could check it would be very appreciated at least, but I don't give you much to go on so my hopes of me ever seeing him again isn't exactly unreasonably high πŸ™‚

Username: Nimbrethil

do you have anything stored locally in your localvault directory that might give you an idea of the PC's name?

(if you cant even remember his name, you really want to restore? πŸ™‚ )

• The problem there is the only thing I can tell about a PC without restoring them is their original name and the player name.

If the PC has had a name change, the BIC file doesn't even show that.

• I had a druid back in the days around level 9. I can't for my life remember his name, nor any record of him even existing on the forum. It's possible he's from before the "lightning strike" in which case I guess there's not much I/we can do.

If anyone could check it would be very appreciated at least, but I don't give you much to go on so my hopes of me ever seeing him again isn't exactly unreasonably high πŸ™‚

Username: Nimbrethil

• @a906095efd=Zyphlin:

Yep, Clayton = Vohn

Dammit! No more Claytons! The Clayton population on the server has now increased by 300% in the last month!

• Old timers returning, what a pleasant trend! huzzahs

• Yep steelfin is back, just needs LETOed to the Asabi Chief appearance. Everything else is gooooood πŸ˜„

• Done.

• Yep, Clayton = Vohn

• Alright, thanks again. πŸ™‚ No rush. I just recall there being around two or so versions of him, and I would like the latest one.

… Also, Zyphlin, copying is the ultimate form of flattery.

• @075efc522e=Flom:

Thanks for the swift restore. πŸ™‚

Are there any level 5-8 Clerics in my vault that have Oscura armor? I might have spelled Vohn's last name improperly, too. Is there a Vohn with another last name?

What about a Clayton Von Hocke? This was the character's original name, and it was LETO'd for a name change.

I have no way to tell what level a PC is or what their gear is without restoring them - however, I do remember seeing a Clayton Von Hocke.

I have to leave for work now, but will restore them later, if Kuk doesn't beat me to it.

• Thanks for the swift restore. πŸ™‚

Are there any level 5-8 Clerics in my vault that have Oscura armor? I might have spelled Vohn's last name improperly, too. Is there a Vohn with another last name?

What about a Clayton Von Hocke? This was the character's original name, and it was LETO'd for a name change.

• Nathen and Steelfin restored.

I could not find a bic for Vohn Du'shahre - might he have had a name change at some point, or was he before 2006?

The first time you go IG with either PC, you will likely be booted to add horse feats. Also, discard your old food in the nearest trashcan - it will not work. Do not sell the old food to stores - it breaks them.

For Steelfin, some additional work will likely be required to get him his proper form, but it is definitely do-able now. I'll be working a 12 hour shift tonight, but have the next 4 days after that off - so ping me and we'll get Steelfin fixed.

• That's my line! :lol:

(Kidding, kidding! Welcome back!)

• I cant believe you brought back that old joke. :lol:

• Halt, Varlet!

Did you know Geico could save you money on your wagon insurance? Tis so.

• No point in starting a new thread…

Account name: metalclawwolf
    Characters: Steelfin