Potion making

• It depends if you are going by 'I think it should be this way' and D&D rules.

Either one is a valid method.

Brew Potion requires knowing the spell(or having access to it via a scroll.magic item etc) in D&D. The 'components' part mentioned above are part of the cost (it costs xp and gold).

Now, making a minor potion from various alchemical components has some merit. Balancing becomes an issue real quick though.

But, if you go with the D&D method and make it akin to a scroll you already have a system in place from the get go. If Aeo in the future determines that gathering 'X' lowers the cost or ups the potion lvl then so be it.

So if you want it quick, just go with the scroll method. If you want something in a year make a new potion brewing method. Your choice.

BTW I always thought the feats/skills we don't use is wasted horribly.

• @1cf0a08108=Atel:

@1cf0a08108=Arandor:

@1cf0a08108=Salsadoom:

Making a potion and making a scroll should be almost identical.

Why? They seem like two completely different things, to me.

Me as well…Why should making a potion even involve casting a spell? To me it seems as though potion making should involve alot more chemestry of 'magical' things rather than magic itself...

Though I'll leave that debeate for a later thread, this one can be closed.

Actually the process of potion making does occasionally make use of casting a spell while mixing the alchemical base.

Just sayin'.

• @a770fce874=Arandor:

@a770fce874=Salsadoom:

Me as well…Why should making a potion even involve casting a spell? To me it seems as though potion making should involve alot more chemestry of 'magical' things rather than magic itself...

Though I'll leave that debeate for a later thread, this one can be closed.

• @36ecd7656d=Salsadoom:

• Making a potion and making a scroll should be almost identical.

• @9209b3c61d=aeolderr:

I'll be honest, I haven't particularly considered potion making, but I'm sure the enchanting system would allow for it. As far as non-magical characters making potions, I don't believe the brew potion feat supports that.

Thanks Aeolderr, perhaps I shall hit up the COmmunity Suggestions later 🙂

• I'll be honest, I haven't particularly considered potion making, but I'm sure the enchanting system would allow for it. As far as non-magical characters making potions, I don't believe the brew potion feat supports that.

• Legion

Word on the street is that there's a new crafting system in development (a LONG ways out, but still in development)

I'd send a PM Rhistin's way. 😉

• @9a8e3eac29=RYM:

Hm…anyways the brew potion feat only works if you can cast a spell on it, which rogues cant.

I was refering to the ability to gather ingredients and "craft" them intoa potion if you will. Which apparently is not possible in narf.

• Hm…anyways the brew potion feat only works if you can cast a spell on it, which rogues cant.

• Drats, hopefully we can get an explination as to why - I'm honestly curious.

• Potion making is not an option in Narfell at this time. Unfortunately, I cannot provide more detail than that. I'm sure there are others know the specifics behind this…

Do not take the potion making feat (...or whatever it is called) as it is useless in Narfell.