Norwick's envoys and the goblins of the West Rawlins

• :: Spitter springs into action bellowing a battle cry and starts wailing on the invisible barrier with his axe alongside Rag, Belin, and Grahk.

Behind the party a voice sings out:

<mark><g>Hack them bite them make them bleed! Cut them punch them make them flee!

The tall woman seems to regain her thoughts and frowns at the adventurers then with a gesture disappears. The goblin on the throne seems to mutter something intelligible and also so vanishes.

As Tindra finishes her spell moments later the invisible resistance goes away.

Grahk spins around with a fury on his face not seeming to pay attention to the adventurers but scans the room with a crinched up look on his face. Spitter stops and waits axe in hand as Mark merely watches nervously in a corner.::</g></mark>

• Ragnhild falls instantly in beside Grahk, blue eyes alight with emotion as she calls out to him:

"Father! Your daughter fight vith you, I bring back-up!"

Quickly recognizing that the warrior's rage will make Grahk focused on only one thing, Ragnhild too lunges forwards, thrusting the sharp and frosty tip of the Dragon Fang spear right into the unseen barrier. Growling at the witchcraft, her own rage begins to stir as she delivers blow after powerful blow to the wall, in the simple reasoning that anything will crumble if you only hit it hard enough.

• The armored dwarf looks at his goblin quire and tugs on his beard pensively. He pulls a few scrolls from a small pouch inside his armor. He cycles through them and shakes his head. Then he looks back at the rag tag group pounding on the invisible wall *

Me wonders if summonin a friend of mine on the udder side of that wall der, might cause that wiggler teh soil his britches…

• He raises one eyebrow as he looks at the goblin then back at the group. He stops tugging on his beard for a moment *

Of course, dat woulds mean them folk would have to be introduced to me bein eer. Nothin that me really wants teh do… Maybe it time for yeh teh make yeh appearance....

• His 'squire' shakes a bit as the dwarf starts to smile wide chuckling a bit low as he eyes the shaking goblin *

Oh nae worry lad…. dis be yer chance... Yer moment teh pretend teh have a few skills yeh nae actually have..

• Chuckling he turns back to the group and motions *

Fer now we watch deh show… me saw a bard in deh big city do dis act once. Next dey is goin teh pretend teh be fightin a breeze.. Den pullin a rope...

• Then turning serious he motions to the small goblin *

Hand me dat farkin crossbow and un of dem bolts dat look like silver. NAE stick yehself as yeh will be frozen solid for quite a bit if yeh stick yehself

• ((how would you know? Waiting for Rag/Foilir to post before continuing))

• ((was the invisible wall dispelled?))

• grips her axe moving to flank the woman next to the goblin with a brief nod Dwin's way. She casts a blessing over the party. She seems confident that her armor will resist magics thrown her way (gnomish armor 10 SR). She seems to keep her eyes focused on her target, but a wary eye watches Ghrak as he charges toward the throned goblin.

• As Dwin yells out, Tindra is already beginning to chant and weave the magics around her. She focuses her thoughts on the invisible barrier, unseen yet tangible, and releases her spell to nullify it. (( Dispel Magic ))

After her spell is cast, she turns her attention to the goblin mage and advances while watching him intently. To herself, she mutters, "Wonder if I easily remember those counter-spelling lessons that Attentus taught me long ago. Eh, can always go with the claws, that's always fun."

• CAN ANY OF YA DISPELL THIS WITCHERY?!?

• ((it seems an invisible barrier is across the room preventing passage))

• GET THAT LOONIE GOB WIGGLER!

Dwin also advances, trying to flank the seated Goblin with the added bonus of not getting anywhere near Grak's swings.

• :: as the egg gets absorbed into the statue the results are almost immediate as several things become obvious. First the motionless stone statue becomes a raging mad goblin that seems to have it's full attention on the goblin on the throne. Second, the goblin on the throne suddenly becomes quite lucid as he stops his imaginary actions and stares down at Grahk with hatred in his eyes. The Lady behind the throne seems bewildered for a few seconds looking to Grahk and Back to the throned goblin with a perplexed look on her face.

Grahk, seemingly oblivious to others in the room, wastes no time and readies his axe and begins to advance on the goblin who responds with a few quick gestures with his hands stopping Grahk with some invisible force.

Axe swinging, Grahk delivers powerful blows to the invisible obstacle infront of him (wall of force) seemingly to no effect::

• _Dwin looks at the loon on the throne and shrugs as he moves directly behind Grak.

In a blink of an eye he smashes the 'egg' onto the back of the Grak-statue with hopes of releasing Rag's father from his stoney-tomb.

He then jumps back ((Dwin's got a high Tumble, y'all!)) and grasps his axe ready for whatever happens next._

• (( sorry for the huge delay))

_The goblin on the throne seems completely oblivious to the party's presence, in fact he seems to be miming eating food. Each bite he grins foolishly licking his l;ips then reaches out to thin air and motioning as id bringing something to his mouth. The tall lady just watches, giving the feel of a cat watching mice scurry about.

The party is able to make their actions without any hindrance._

• Belin having become more and more taciturn during the journey with the goblins pipes up at the sight of the doors. She offers prayers to protect their minds from evil asking all to stand close while she does. (magic circle).

Oy now meh got some more prayers if'n weh needs them. Meh nay want to use up meh prayers though now. Might have tuh walk un mile inside there aye.

she quiets up again looking in her pack for her emergency ale or three, thus reassured she loosens her axe and hoists her shield. Checking also to make sure her bow and arrows are easily accessible. She trundles off after the others through the doors.

After arriving in the room and assessing the situation she hangs back doing her best to look nonthreatening. She follows behind Ragnhild looking around. She doesn't comment much to dwin's hushed conversation. She does move herself to try and block the large woman's view of Dwin.

oy what meh would nay do fer a keg o' ale.

• Before going in through the door lined with demonic runes, Tindra offer some protective spells to her companions, even the two goblins. "I don't know what those things say, but it can't be anything pleasant waiting for us."

She listens briefly to the exchange between Dwin and Ragnhild and does her best to sneak over to the statue Dwin heads toward. She resists the urge to turn feline; instincts tell her that she will need to fight, but she knows that her smaller half-elven form could be harder to spot. She keeps an eye on the tall woman beside the old dwarf, ready to strike at her with spells.

• Dwin gestures to the rest of the group to advance slightly as well. He himself steers slightly in the direction of the Grak-statue, reaching into his bag.

• Light blue eyes fixed on the pair infront of her, Ragnhild murmurs back:

"Ja.. I vill step up and talk, if think have chance free him, do it. Tall one give me chills though.. is demon maybe?"

Briefly awaiting response from the others, Ragnhild then strides purposefully forwards, towards the throne, planting the blunt end of her spear onto the floor with a loud bang. She gives the old goblin a challenging look, her posture straight and proud as she utters simply:

<gob>"I am Ragnhild, daughter of Grahk."</gob>

• Dwin whispers back.

I've got a few more of those magic-eggs, lass. You want to distract them while I free yer pa from that stone?

• Tearing her gaze from the statue, Ragnhild gives the old goblin and the very tall woman at his right a hard look, murmuring in a quiet snarl to Dwin:

"Grim Creeper chieftain, I vould think.. leader of tribe that start meddling vith demons. Father beat his tribe once, send him running vith tail between legs. Then years later, the killings start.. and Kal'Vargen appear."

• _Dwin holds his shield high and his axe higher as he follows Rag into the room, watching every shadow and corner for the next threat.

As he sees the exchange and the statue, he quietly mumbles to Rag…_

Who's this fool on the throne, lass? Any idea?