Norwick's envoys and the goblins of the West Rawlins

• grunts and looks around

meh un fine dwarven lass. Meh got plenty o ale. Meh will take yer ale later tuh make up fer summa what dis lot drink though if'n yuh nay mind sharin.

Belin reaches into a pouch at her hip and pulls out some ale bottles. Then follows by setting down another bag and pulling out a box carrying even more ale bottles. Then proceeds to pull out a bag which assuredly has yet more ale bottles in it.

Yuh let me know how much and to who lassy. dark shrewd eyes peer around at the goblins. She spits on the ground clearing her throat

• Ragnhild stares down at the goblin, looming over it with her superior height. Her eyes are slivers of ice, her face an unreadable mask as she lifts the blue-clad creature up by the scruff of it's neck, using just one arm. The goblin dangles in her firm grip for a long, tense moment before she speaks in a clear, if horribly accented tongue:

<gob>Ale go here.

She points to her mouth with her free hand, baring strong white teeth in a wide grin. Giggling loudly, she drops the goblin onto the floor, giving him a friendly pat on the back that sends the poor thing sprawling several meters forwards. Still grinning, she comments more quietly to her own party:

"Gobbalin kind have right idea, all talk go much better vith lots and lots ale. Have fine collection ales in my pack, mushroom ale, creamy stouts, best bitter, dwarven pale ale, everithing. Am not certain that I myself should serve, perhaps best one of you act as servant? They believe you so alredi, for better or vorse huh. Offer to chieftains and Sqee, and think best you no spill. Be a terribel thing to vaste morr ale!"</gob>

• Sqee seems to listen intently to Wren's words as mutterings among the Goblin Chiefs increase. Quite a bit of chuckling seems to have been invoked in the goblins as Wren's speech unfolds. When Wren is finished Sqee removes his gaze from the party and looks about to the assembled goblins to gauge their response. Each goblin chief speaks for himself as their followers are relatively quiet as the chiefs speak.

(( a some what young and tawny goblin dressed in skins and carrying a scimitar with a large talon thru his nose is first))

Talon Chief: <gob>Why no kill you now? Maybe taste good on spit.

(( hard to tell their age or sex as they are in a long cowled robe complete with an bone mask and gloves))

Crow Feet Chief: <gob>You speak for the Bloody Tooth? Where is Grahk? I did not come here to speak with his daughter nor her servants. I came to seek Grahk himself. I see Grahk's daughter to whom I give due respect but I see no other goblinkin so I know not whom you represent. Only goblinkin have voice here, not the town of longlegs.

(( dressed in battered mail and rusty helm gives a strong contrast to their relatively unscarred flesh))

Broken Arrow Chief: <gob>Me hear lots words. Where tribe to fight? Bloody Tooth join Broken Arrows and maybe me no kill you now.

(( wearing leathers and a deep black fur cloak with a shortbow of halfling make on his lap he merely sips at his goblet waving away a blue liveried goblin before giving a response))

Black Bear Chief: <gob>:: chuckles then snorts waving his hand dismissively at Wren::

((an obviously young goblin in padded armor sits nervously on their block of stone looking up a goblin dressed in mail at his side whom whispers something to the Chief))

Three Feathers Chief: <gob>uhm..tribe say :: looks at the guard:: uhm..no kill now…no good time :: nods to himself::

(( a one eyed goblin armored in mail with a shield leaning against the stone leans forward resting his hands on his knees before speaking))

Skull Splitter Chief: <gob>loot good?

(( a very old goblin female sits on the stone in a mass of clothing and furs))

Bloody Bloods Chief: <gob>too cold here, ale too warm. :: pulls the clothing and furs tighter around her seemingly oblivious to the conversation::

The other tribes seem to answer non specifically and non noncommittally. After the answers given Sqee raises his hand to silence the room which is answered by silence beyond the sound of the blue liveried moving about from the goblins.

Sqee: <gob>::looking about at the assembled chiefs:: Bloody Tooth calls on the chiefs assembled here to wage war against the accursed Kal'Vargen. Eat, drink and choose your words wisely. Bloody Tooth will hear your answers when both run out.

A blue liveried goblin takes up the goblet by the empty stone and fills it from the cask and approaches Rag with it. A few steps before reaching her the goblin seemingly trips spraying Rag with ale. The goblin quickly pushes itself up looking towards Rag as the assembled goblins suddenly go absolutely silent and stare watching Rag.</gob></gob></gob></gob></gob></gob></gob></gob>

• ((to keep this clean and streamlined i am going to delete any non-connected comments to this closed thread. Everyone is welcome to read it, but unless you were involved from the beginning you cannot comment. Please send me a PM if you have any questions.

Thanks.

-Dwin))

• //Please Nae-J, I hope you would read the instructions I had written in the opening of this thread before posting anything.

As a reminder:

This thread is only reserved for those who are participating in the plot and I kindly ask that it is not to be hijacked by those not involved.

Thank you.

• _For the remainder of the exchanges or possible dealings involved, Harmony speaks little to none. Instead she observes the rest of the group participating the remainder of the exchanges, only speaking up when asked or inquired.

She takes her place and positions in the sidelines, so as she is deemed to be insignificant compared to the other companions travelling with her. Watching the others without intervention in the following dealings that may be made between Norwick and the goblins._

"Norwick is no longer in my hands. Perhaps they may represent the future generation instead."

• Seeing no obvious reaction to the flurry of introductions, Wren presses ahead with the pitch…

<goblin>"For a long time you have fought with Norwick and Norwick has fought with you. Much blood has been shed and that is good. We would have killed you all and taken your lands if we could have. You would have burned Norwick and sacrificed us to your gods had you been able.

"That is how our two peoples lived together, and it was tolerable to both.

"Now the Tainted Ones have come. We know they are stronger than you are. We watch as they push you ever westward. Soon you will have nowhere to go, nowhere in the woods to retreat to. Then you will die.

"We do not care if you live or die. We would prefer you to die. But we are not stupid. We know that once you are gone the Tainted Ones will be able to turn their full strength on us. We do not know if we are strong enough to prevail against that.

"We learn things from watching goblins. We learn that one tall human warrior can beat a goblin shortie… but a swarm of many at once can bring him down.

"We propose to work together with you to fight the Tainted Ones. Not because we like you, or because we want to be your friends. Because unless something is done, they will kill you, and then they will come to kill us."</goblin>

• Already standing a few steps behind Ragnhild, at Wren’s feigning of submission to her, Elyl lowers his head in deference as Ragnhild is introduced. When possible during the interchange he scans the room.

• Belin hulks in a surly unmovable wall fashion. She is either stuck or just refusing to move perhaps for fear she'll touch or draw her weapon. Her dark brown almost black eyes hawk the goblins her keen dwarven trading skills sizing up each goblins worth in gold.

• Celebring bows to Ragnhild courteously, although his eyes are focused anywhere but her, looking sidelong to the left and right as he scans the darkness skeptically. Eyeing the goblins, uncertain of them as he waits for a reaction.

• Harmony follows on with a submissive bow to Ragnhild, taking some steps back until she stands behind Ragnhild's leading form, waiting for the next response the group may be receiving from the lair of goblin chiefs.

• Standing tall and proud, Ragnhild calmly accepts Wren's cringing submission as if it was nothing more than her rightful due. She touches her fist to her chest in a strict, formal greeting gesture as she is introduced, her ice blue eyes seeking out the chieftains, nodding respectfully to each one in turn. As her gaze passes the empty seat, a deep sorrow fills her eyes, the emotion threatening to break through the formal mask.

• Wren nods and steps forward to survey the goblins, hand on weapon hilt, arms and legs cocked in a casual, somewhat aggressive manner, posture indicating disdain… good goblin 'manners'.

<goblin>"I am Wren, One Who Speaks for us, killer of many, Enforcer-Of-Whims for the chieftain of Norwick…."

She lists through the others in turn (although she fumbles briefly on how to translate 'Harmony' into goblin, finally settling on 'Amusing Tune Pleasingly Akin To Hin Being Throttled At Regularly Spaced Intervals') until she gets to Ragnhild. There, her posture changes; she cringes in Ragnhild's direction and allows tones of abject fear and submission to enter her voice when she speaks of the woman.

<goblin>"…Ragnhild, daughter of Grahk, chieftain of the Bloody Tooth."

Turning her gaze back to the goblins, Wren's posture and tone snap back to a slightly aggressive, slightly relaxed mode.

<goblin>"We would speak to the tribes regarding the Tainted Ones."</goblin></goblin></goblin>

• Harmony speaks in a soft tone, loud enough for her group to hear, incomprehensible for the goblin council to hear.

"It would be best it seems Wren, now be the best time for self-introductions.

Mayhaps Wren, you could assist us in introducing each of us present on our behalf, with the tongue of the goblin?

As far as the introduction goes, I would propose that when it comes to introducing Ragnhild, she would be done last, with the tone of yours changed into a respectful kind compared to introducing the rest of us. We will all follow the respectful gesture you make.

For Ragnhild it seems, is a daughter of a very highly respected tribe chief in this council we see."

• Sqee turns around and motions to the armored goblins and begins to head off into the depths of the woods. Two mailed goblins march in front of Sqee, two behind. Their armor is of exceptional make and well kept unlike typical goblin gear. An observant eye might catch the insignia of the Union stamped on their gear. A handful of lesser goblins approach Sqee and have hushed words with him only to then go running off deeper into the woods.

Sqee: Stay close and keep to the path we walk. No one will bother you as long as you stay with me, should you wander I will not protect you.

For hours the goblins march and quite frequently a band of goblins will approach eager for blood only to shy away seeing Sqee. After what seems like an all day march without rest or food the sun begins to set and the woods begin to darken. Sqee heads towards what appears to be an impenetrable thicket and as the first set of guards approach it a doorway in the thicket opens to reveal a short passage thru the brambles clear of thorns though only goblin height. The sounds of goblins cheering, fighting and whatnot can be heard ahead. The passage fills with the smell of earth, burning wood, cooking meat and unwashed goblins. At the end of the passage a warm glow can be seen.

After 30 ft of walking (crawling for some) the passage opens up to a domed room the walls made of seemingly solid trees and brambles. The trees arch upwards then across the clearing not quite touching leaving an oculus to the night sky. The floor is bare earth, in the center lies a large bon fire some 30 ft across though still not big enough to illuminate the whole room leaving the edges in darkness. Arraigned around the fire is a series of spits laden with game being tended to by goblins in blue livery. As you enter the chamber the room goes suddenly silent of goblin sounds though more then a few blades can be heard clearing their scabbards. Two mailed guards stand at either side of the tunnel as Sqee walks towards the fire. As your eyes adjust to the flickering light it is quite apparent that the outer edges of the room are filled with goblins from at least a dozen tribes by the hanging totems. By each totem a stone big for one person rests. On all but one stone a goblin sits eyeing the newcomers with dozens of armored and robed goblins behind them. The only sitting goblins seems to be those on the stones. The one empty place hangs a standard with a fang dipped in blood. By this spot rests a small cask and silver goblet.

By now Sqee reaches the fire and seemingly walks into and up the bon fire to stand at the very summit seemingly unperturbed by the flames. A quick eye will note a narrow path lined with stones up the bonfire leading to a large stone at the top. The room then fills with the screeches and yelling of very angry goblins. Sqee raises his right hand and the screaming stops.

Sqee: <gob>The Bloody Feather tribe has called a council. As long as they do no harm they are protected as any other tribe gathered here. :: Sqee locks his gaze on each seated goblin then moves to the next then looks towards the party gathered at the tunnel entrance.::

The blue liveried goblins return to their work periodically turning, basting, or cutting a hunk of meat off and brining it over to the nearest seated goblin.</gob>

• looks between Ragnhild and Wren

I'm completely out of my element here. I won't cast anything or draw my weapon unless either of you give word.

nods to both, carefully watching the goblins

• Ragnhild returns Sqee's smile with a touch of pride, touching her fist to her chest in formal greeting. As the party prepares to follow, she notes in a quiet tone to the others:

"I have been recognized as daughter of chieftain, which is morr than could have hoped for. Such status vill give opportunity for talk, but also responsibiliti. I vill not shame my father vith ill behaviour, and I trust you vill not do so either. I ask you all to follow customs, even iff they may seem strange. I not ask you to trust, but remember that they too have rules of conduct to follow, same as us."

• Harmony nods gently in return to Wren and proceeds to trails on behind Wren while at the same time, urging everyone else present to follow on.

"I had heard of a goblin by name of Sqee who was once one of Norwick. However I was led to believe he was slained in the invasion.

It is also interesting to know, that he be aware of Ragnhild's status and sees upon her in light with prestige, as a chieftain's daughter. Mayhaps Ragnhild, when the time comes, your words be worth more weight than ours can give in the exchange.

At the meantime, let us abide to their words to show one's respect and restrain oneself from aggression. However we must be prepared for the worst as well, thus I remind all to maintain one's vigilance."

• Belin finishes an ale looking over the green skin. She belches in true dwarven fashion such that some of the smaller and weanier goblins might be startled. Smacking her lips a few times she tucks the ale away and rubs her belly region.

That was un good un.

• Wren's eyes widen a fraction, then narrow, as she examines the robed goblin thoughtfully for signs of the Sqee she knew, mentally adding in several years and a good deal of sartorial splendor. Her hand stays clamped on the hilt of her undrawn saber.

<common>"Hello, Sqee. It's been a while. You're looking well, considering. Thanks for the invitation, and yeah, we'll keep the warnings in mind. We didn't come to start trouble, though any does start, we'll finish it." She shrugs. "But only a fool fights in a burning house, and that describes the Rawlinswood at the moment. Lead on."

She glances briefly to Harmony for confirmation, then says in goblin:

<goblin>"We follow One Who Talks to meet the chiefs. Make plans with them to kill other. Any trickery, we kill everyone and leave. We are watching."</goblin></common>