Making something clear

• Melanie wears a sombre expression as she speaks.

I have one problem with this cheap "property" for sale. It's that people who are not gali are only buying because it's cheap.

Older gali who have made their home here from before the fall are being put out because a few others who are not gali can toss more coin around than them.

I can understand if they have done much for us in the past.. but why are they then knowingly putting gali out of a home if they wish us good?

An yes, we do wish a more welcoming camp but I will not see gali found wanting because of the acts of outsiders.

I help Oreth, not because he's a Guardian but he is a gali an my -oldest- friend in the region. He's died where it's allowed me to live.. an has given me much valuable advice over the years. I owe him much.

I believe gali should be given priority with the land in the camp, an I don't mean people who suddenly move here because it's convenient for cheap land. This is if we don't restrict it all to only gali in the first place.

((I was waiting for Bubbles to put a decision up about this but things're heating up and I felt I should respond ICly

• No no! Make him drink the camp's wine….it'll be like a rite of passage....

That, and I've always wanted to see if wine actually makes dwarves turn colors...

Oreth grins good-naturedly

• Star grins and passes the old dwarf an ale

• _upon being offered Wine, Dwin makes a face that might be reserved for the offer of being handed a vile of warm urine.

remembering himself and his new friends, he forces a smile._

uh… sure....

sounds... good?

• "S-star was n-not h-h-happy ab-bout g-gaje bidd-ders b-before first b-b-bid pl-placed. S-star is T-tala's d-daught-ter. N-no arg-gument with d-dwarfs. S-star w-wanted buy T-torch's old c-cave b-b-but G-gaje b-bid c-come in before sh-she g-get chance. S-star b-bid on t-t-tent now."

::she shrugs and falls silent, dropping back into the shadows::

• Oreth nods a bit

It would seem we have little, if anything, to argue about, then.

The…disorganization of the auction is our fault entirely. We should have arrived at the rules before we announced the auction, I agree. I honestly don't know who did announce the auction, or why there was no discussion about it. It's something the lot of us will need to talk about.

I'll assure you that doubts about selling to non-gali, and about...priority of sale, were circulating from the time it was announced, it wasn't a response to any particular bids.

As it is, the disposition of the caves seems to have come to an agreeable end, so all is well. Wine?

• still smiling at Oreth's last comment, Dwin speaks up

Look folks… I'll be honest. The main reason I wanted to move to the camp and buy a cave was that I know I will be free of the... political orc-shiite... that is so easily dumped in all of the other cities and towns in this land. hate to say it, but it dont look at first glance like I was right. Tell me it aint so!

he looks around at everyone assembled

I am gettin on in me years… All I want is a place to call me own, brew me own ale, and celebrate with friends and family. You'll have to excuse me cousin... ya know he's forge-headed at times... but his intentions are the same.

I dont feel entitled to nuthin 'cept what I have bid on and won. Tis all.

When I saw that there was a cave fer sale... well, I jumped at it. Fer years we were promised cave-dwellings in Norwick and in other places... o course... due to the orc-shiite I mentioned earlier... they never came through. But to have a cave here... where everyone is friendly and free of politics... a true diamond it would be in a pile o rubble.

What me cousin was referrin to is the fact that the rules were askin to be changed AFTER the biddin started... and after certain folks were outbid. Next time, let an ole fark like me run the auction! Or better yet, someone go find Nico and get him to handle it. grins We got lots o experience in this stuff.

I apologize fer any trouble this is causin'… lets douse the flames a bit and relax... perhaps use me friends Oreth and Mog here as an example o how we can all work somethin' out? ..in a friendly camp-like manner. Eh?

• @9ede2cccc0=Oreth:

Claiming you're being discriminated against for being a dwarf every time something doesn't go your way may have gotten you somewhere in Norwick or Peltarch, where no one pays attention to anyone else, but we all know each other here.

You said we all know each other here. My point is he knows me and mine very well and has often come to my home for dinner. He also used to be friendly with the master blacksmith. Who was in fact very happy when Dwin and Foilir helped him to fix the forge. And master paudani the bowyer was impressed by dwin's first bowyering apprentice, me. He thought that Dwin had taught me well. So to say that we all know each other is true but many here know dwin. Just maybe not you and Melanie so well as I and my family do.

However, if melanie would ever stop her antics to be an apprentice of dwins she might learn something about the man and the craft that he forefathers knew in their bones.

• With respect, Tala, that doesn't change a single thing I just said.

• Dwin is family to some that have live here for decades Oreth.

Please all of you remember that dwin is as much my family as Arandor, Star and Sarah are.

• Once Foilir has gone, Oreth sighs, and looks to Dwin. He lifts his helm off, looking more tired than anything else, and speaks

Until now, I've tried to stay out of this whole discussion, in no small part because I have a stake in it myself, and there was no way anything I said was going to be seen as anything but biased.

As I've come to what I hope will be an equitable arrangement with Mog, I no longer hold any stake in this, so now I'm speaking up.

I'm tired of listening to this Trike-Shite.

Mel isn't rigging anything. Rigging the auction would involve discounting your higher bids, and handing it to a lower bidder. What Melanie is doing is more what I would characterize as "Bidding". With her coin. Is she not allowed to do that?

You and your cousin aren't being discriminated against. You're not being pushed out. And you're not being mistreated. You're being bid against. It's an auction. That happens.

We're glad to welcome the both of you here as Gali, and I say this with no malice, but you, and your cousin especially, are going to have to free yourselves from this sense of entitlement. It won't serve you here.

Claiming you're being discriminated against for being a dwarf every time something doesn't go your way may have gotten you somewhere in Norwick or Peltarch, where no one pays attention to anyone else, but we all know each other here. Among your new brothers and sisters, that routine will wear thin very, very quickly, especially when you're using it against them.

You deal honestly, fairly, and openly with us, and we'll do the same with you. No tricks. No lies. No ploys or word tricks.

He then leans very, very close, and mutters so that only Dwin can hear

We save the effort for swindling the Gaje, aye?

• grunts

"Me said rent after yeh clearly nae want us eer…. But me is nae retractin me bid on principle..

Yeh have un lass Stern, tryin teh dictate an auction so her friends win. Den yeh all ask why we would buy a cave.....

Yeh all assume it fer deh Union er it goin teh be un warehouse..."

• Looks sour *

"...explain teh me how yeh is makin me feel welcome in me own cave if me happen to win dis auction?"

• Looks red *

"....Dis sort of shite ne'er happened afore, when deh elders needed help from deh council of Moradin er deh udder dwarves...

When me led a party of gypsy folk to rid deh under camp of undead..."

• Looks clearly pissed *

"Dis how yeh make me feel welcome? Cus me bid on a cave at an auction?"

• Recomposes himself *

"Nae matter... Me nae blame yeh, me only blame dis Stern lass, who seem to have a taste of power go to her head..."

• Chuckles *

"Afore yeh go questionin me further... why yeh nae ask her what she expect frumma dis camp tossin all dis coin around, ownin all dis property? eh? Or you juss got un beef wit us Dolvak?"

• Walks off towards Peltarch *

" <d>time to make sure nae un taking me sales in deh City er in Jiyyd fer dat matter..."

• As he walks he can be seen taking out a dusty smithing hammer *

" <d>nae matter how gud dat apprentice think she be, now she pissed off an accomplished master at his trade…. time to stop folk frumma buyin her spoons.."

• chuckles *</d></d>

• grunts

The rentin' bit was a joke. This is gonna be MY place o residence. I buy me property in the name of the company so there aint no misunderstandins if I should come to an … untimely end.

grunts again and walks off, clearly offended by this whole ordeal

• "Please, do not twist my words. If you are sincere Dwin, I'm sorry to have misinterpreted your words, but placing your bid in the name of the Mercantile League and or Folir's statement, since you are now co-bidders on the property, thatyou were going to let Oreth rent it does make it seem less like you are buying it for a family and more for the Union. I'm not trying to be your enemy here, do not think I am instantly trying to shoot you down or that I am absolutely on Oreth's side because I am not. What I am interested in is making sure the people who truly need the space get it."

• Dwin looks shocked

Tis gonna be me home, sister! ….a storage room? a Union hall?

he slowly pulls out his signed-oath papers and holds them up

I've had these fer over a week now! Are new brothers and sisters routinely insulted like this?

Dwin sits on the ground and looks as if he might be very very upset.

Tis obvious that there is still an anti-Dwarven sentiment here...

• "well.. live in it.. Anna when did yeh start associatin me wit Union? Me buy things wit me personal money fer me personal use… Aye deh door will be locked.... But dat cus me things inside!"

shrugs

"nothin else.. Me have a shop anna home in Peltarch, nae like the book thumpin town, Norwick juss farkin Norwick, anna me friends live eer... "

• Looks around *

"...and still do, long afore yeh folk moved in anna told me, dat me bid was unwanted... We has ne'er asked the camp for anythin.. Anna we has provided support in coin anna blood more dan un time..."

@90cc94734e=losl:

"Also, and I'm sure you'll understand that the inner camp will more than likely be closed off to outsiders again someday. Therefore, if you are very interested in owning property in the camp, I would like you to kindly honor the traditions of the Rom and take the oath."

• Grins slightly *

"Is dat so? Me was led to believe dat dis was ne'er goin to happen, wit all dem promises of keepin deh forges open for all.. Hmmm me suppose me was misled der as well…"

• Furrows his brow *

"Fer deh first in dis camp, me is startin to feel unwelcome.."

• "If I may kindly ask, what is the Dolvak Mercantile League planning to do with the cave space? Truly we must consider that we would like our camp to be homes and not storage space or a duplicate of what we have, if you were planning on turning it into a Union Hall."

She pauses

"Also, and I'm sure you'll understand that the inner camp will more than likely be closed off to outsiders again someday. Therefore, if you are very interested in owning property in the camp, I would like you to kindly honor the traditions of the Rom and take the oath."

"Please understand, we value our families and Gali brothers and sisters more than a gold peice here."

• "Well den dis nae an auction at all is it?"

• Foilir chuckles as he watches Melanie's little speech *

"Well its gud teh know how deh new elders goin teh run deh camp… Yeh little playground is it?"

• Wags a finger *

"An auction is an auction... Yeh has played yeh cards, anna lost... Now dis eer juss poor form..."

• Motions to her *

"Get yehself tegedder er summa more coin in yeh pockets... Dis be business, nae personal. Anna me nae consider properties selling at ohh, 15000 to 20000 coin cheap.."

• Chuckles and walks off and says to Mog *

" <d>Nae took long to see what direction deh camp headin in... Wonder where she gettin all dat coin to toss around too..."

"nae knew it was an auction where yeh friends were supposed teh win... Yeh should have told us..."</d>

• I like you Mog.. You're kind an I can understand you wanting it. I can also understand why Oreth wants one. To make Fadia an himself a home.

Now to avoid any arguments or debates which seem to be common place lately.. I'll give my straight up honest opinion.

There are two caves, I would like one for Oreth together with Fadia an any other gali first. At the moment, I can not think of any other gali who would enjoy a cave as a home.

With this, I would not mind you living in one if no other gali would have it..

• Mog just always wanted cave. Mog been saying that for years. This first cave Mog found for sale.