Looking for an evil god, Choose shar! ;)

• Seriously. Looking to play an evil person but want something a bit more thought provoking and less overt, check out shar.

Info Here

Shar is the Neutral Evil diety of Loss, secrets, darkness, night, caverns, and the underdark. She works great for characters that tend to be secretive, shady, vengence seeking, horribly hurt in the past, bounty hunters, and other such types.

Rogues may find her a good fit for prayers in references to secrets, the dark, and night.

Rangers may find her a good fit for dealing loss and vengence against thier chosen enemies.

Fighters that have a dark heart but want to keep it secret, or have been hurt greatly or wronged in the past could find solace in shar.

Wizards and Sorcerors could possibly be coerced to the secrets of magic and her touches upon it.

Monks can possibly join the Order of the Dark Moon, a sorceror monk order that are the assassin wing of the church.

Clerics, well, its a god πŸ˜‰ clerics exemplifies her things.

Oscuran's may find themselves praying to Shar for the saftey her caverns bestows them, the darkness that hides them from prying eyes, and the secrets her city allows them to keep.

Feel free to read up a bit about the diety as I do find her very interesting for many many types of character concepts. We have a few active people right now and always seeking to expand. Will welcome any race, any class, and even neutral followers of the lady.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or post here if you're interested.

• Bump.

If you are interested in playing a Sharran or converting, please let me know.

• Heh, well my "newest" char is hardly active (and it's not Dentin obviously), though he could use a good priestess.

• Hey Dentin who is your new character and where does he roams ?

I play jeezabel a beautiful priestress of Shar and she might try recruiting.

• Pfeh, conversion comes from within, too. We can arrange natty Sharran ceremony, if you feel that's right for you. All come to her in their own way though.

• I'm very interested in my newest character turning to Shar.. all he needs is someone to approach him.

• To be fair my morally ambiguous character who worships darkness was pretty much ignored when I last tried to convert her.

• all my chars are evil who could of guessed

• <bump>Convert an existing morally flexible character. Create a new one. We live in the End Days and Her time is at hand.</bump>

• Come on Sharrans!

We have the Weave corrupted and dying whilst the Shadow-weave is untouched. We risk planar collapse and the utter destruction of one of Selune's most cherished bits of creation, the Prime Material Plane.

Let's get it On!

• Yep πŸ™‚ This was one of those things that the more I read lords of darkness and a few other things, I discovered more information about. The Dark Moon are a very strict, and exact, sect that requires strict obedience to thier leveling code amongst other things.

It is also not the only way to be a sharran monk. One could easily be a sharran, be a monk, and still be dedicated enough to do all the same things a Dark Moon does, but they just wouldn't be part of that Order.

• I don't know… the description in some of the source material indicated that Sharran monks were required to multiclass in this way (join their order of the Dark Moon).

But I suppose you could be part of another order (Long Death, i. e.) and feel a close connection to Shar. Or as you suggested, Oreth, not be part of any order. But whether that's to Shar's likings or not, is another matter.... that doesn't really bother a true monk? πŸ˜‰

• Unless they choose not to multiclass at all, which is an option.

• @a1b9a4f2d2=Zyphlin:

I will try to get some of the information out of the Lords of Darkness about the dark moon monks. They are really a neat organization.

They are primarily a Monk/Sorc order, though straight monks could join it as well. They are the "martial" wing of the church of shar. They are generally her assassins, her spies, her informants and hitmen. They travel the lands at her or her clergies request, using thier skills to inflict or gain vengence for losses given and search for secrets.

Much like shar, they focus on the unseen and the darkness. Most likely their fighting style would be filled with dirty tactics, feints, misdirection, and other such tactics to create a very intricate and hard to read style.

Just to get back on topic…

... but shouldn't Sharran Monks be the most screwed of the monks? Their order requires them to have sorceror and monk within two levels of each other. Thus, a level 3 has to be a monk 2/sorc 1 or a monk 1/sorc 2?

• @bd2ce0f092=Jarcco:

@bd2ce0f092=Swoosh:

@bd2ce0f092=FUArch:

Meh, the icelace is rped as a sea, with boat access. Who cares, rp world, rp fun.

I have nothing against rping icelace as something with boat access and even flourishing trade-routes but rping it as a "sea" is just stupid.

:roll: :stupid:

Or should we just save the insults IG? πŸ˜‰

Personally, I think Icelace is big enough to warrant several trade routes which in turn should bring some sort of piracy into the picture as well. And as far as I know, there's no deity of lakes in Faerun, so why shouldn't Umberlee and her servants be interested in Icelace as well?

:2c:

No reason whatever. I think it's good fun to have umberlants in Peltarch and it fits in really well. And it's big enough to warrant as many trade-routes as you can think of and where there are trade-routes there are pirates.

my point: it's more of a big lake than a sea

• @81e87d75fa=Swoosh:

@81e87d75fa=FUArch:

Meh, the icelace is rped as a sea, with boat access. Who cares, rp world, rp fun.

I have nothing against rping icelace as something with boat access and even flourishing trade-routes but rping it as a "sea" is just stupid.

:roll: :stupid:

Or should we just save the insults IG? πŸ˜‰

Personally, I think Icelace is big enough to warrant several trade routes which in turn should bring some sort of piracy into the picture as well. And as far as I know, there's no deity of lakes in Faerun, so why shouldn't Umberlee and her servants be interested in Icelace as well?

:2c:

• @31a209b842=FUArch:

• Eradicates you all

Just because he's semi-retired doesn't mean you can take over the thread to turn it into "my gods better than your god" pissing contest πŸ˜‰

• Pfff, we're still cooler

Banite for life πŸ˜›

• Meh, the icelace is rped as a sea, with boat access. Who cares, rp world, rp fun.