Gates to the edge of the Scar Locked?



  • Thorin was seen later on finding his way into the Troff Legion ground to meet Theaon. He was carrying some scrolls along the way.



  • After a long, sometimes heated conversation just outside the Bluff, it appears that regular passage across the Scar has been re-opened. Soon after several soldiers of the High Hold were teleported down to take the merchants and travelers across the Scar to N'Jast.


  • Narfell DM

    Jonni is seen down in the Pass yet again just outside the Bluff offering wages, meal, drink and accommodations for any woodcutters or anyone looking for an honest days work. He is heard offering this to any of the gathered people who currently camp near the gate and wait to be let across the Scar.



  • General Theaon can be seen conversing with several of those camped near the Bluff. Though not all of them may show the Legion general a friendly tone, his responses are kept very polite and are of an understanding sentiment. He also offers food and beverage to any who are in need of such.



  • "So 'not' cooperating" notes Willow petulantly to whomever remains with her (or simply to the wind as is also her wont) as Theon fades into the distance. "More like pre-empting being told off, only to still get told off! Geez."

    Unlike certain more aggressive elements however, she doesn't really make a fuss - simply continues to help those that seek her out to cross the river as best she can - miners, explorers, merchants, caravan oxes and all, drifting sedately over the water in cloud form.


  • Narfell PG

    Notices appear on the trees near the Bluff. One notice has even been attached to a signpost pointing directly towards the Legion's home. These notices are all designed to look like warning signs.

    DANGER - BANDITS AHEAD

    A little image of a small angry looking hin is drawn with rather average skill. The caption reads "Bandit King Thorn demands you turn back!"


  • Narfell DM

    The self-proclaimed Professional arrives there after ten days have passed. With now a crowd that has been stopped to cross freely he starts doing what he did before:

    -Hahaha, Let me pass, dude, I'm Thorin's partner, he's a pro, a truly professional too! Hahaha, free passage for everyone, I wanna cross, this is unfair! I suddenly wanna cross, I never wanted to, but now I wanna cross!! I wanna touch what's on the other side -- Let me pass!!!

    HHAHAHAHAhahah!!!

    After shouting with now possibly a quorum on his back, he turns back and leaves towards the city once more. Laughing madly while a voice is heard in the air.

    "Professionals... strike... again...!"



  • ((I did see that in your original post. He's just reiterating it to Willow ICly during her brief stop in the Bluff. 🙂 ))



  • ((it says "Meet me at the crossroads" in the first post too - for added clarity, she never once began windwalking from the Bluff, just swung by to announce the possibility to the growing crowd of merchants))



  • Theaon nods as Willow makes her way towards the Crossroads

    "Thank you for your cooperation."



  • "Lift-off's from the crossroads man, quit your bellyachin'!" replies Willow. "I'm letting folks know they got an option besides sittin' on the Bluff growing into an angry mob! Look around: these people got nothing to do with dragons - they're just tryin' to conduct their business along a well established trade route. It's the regular folks you're hindering, in case it hadn't dawned on you - not the adventurers, those will always find 'nother way around."



  • Theaon approaches Willow as she meets with any travelers seeking passage across the Scar

    "We cannot stop those using other pathways or less conventional means across the Scar. However, if you are offering such transportation you will not do so from the Bluff. Please offer your service elsewhere."



  • Willow just grins and thumbs up to Korak. She watches him leave and then goes about her business, undeterred. Anyone willing and daring the unorthodox means of transportation is wafted across the Scar upon the winds - free of charge, though numbers are limited by the nature of the spell.



  • Korak marches down the Nars towards Norwick, his massive axe held in one meaty fist and a bottle of ale in the other. He stops when he sees the commotion and says drunkenly to Willow

    Why don’ ye run alon’ ’ lil lass. Go and climb o’ tree ‘er sumthin’ while tese grown-ups settle thar business, hm?
    The dwarf continues his lonely walk South, happily humming a war tune as he goes.



  • Willow swings by the growing camp, offering a helping hand to the stranded travellers curtesy of Shaundakul. "Willow's Windrider Travels takes you where you wanna go, man! So long's you don't mind travelling in misty form - but like, that's the best way to do it anyway! Meet me at the crossroads if you're interested. … oh, how much? This ain't for profit, but for principle and faith!"

    Willow would then Wind Walk travellers across the Scar, as many and as often as her god's blessings allow.


  • Narfell DM

    *As the Legion soldiers bar the road and stop any travellers coming east, a certain amount of discontent is grows.

    The trade caravans and lone merchants using the Long Road in a eastbound direction towards N'Jast, Thay and the Great Dale have slowly trickled into the Hero's Bluff and found the way being stopped by Legion soldiers.

    Many of the merchants are shocked by the road being closed and demand to know when it will be reopened. Some grumble and go look for another way around.

    A small camp is set up around the Bluff as many wait for the road to be reopened by the Legion.

    Old Lem is seen sat kicking his heels idly down by the water or having a quiet sleep in the shade.

    The current number of people waiting in the Bluff to cross the river is at present around 50*



  • ((FYI, the soldiers there would block anyone looking to go east across the Scar.))


  • Narfell DM

    As evening hits and the sun slowly begins to drop below the horizon a figure in blue that most would recognize as Jonni, the priest of Savras is seen entering the Bluff from the Pass. He nods greetings to the Legionnaires and Halfling Defense League soldiers he passes and makes his way out the eastern gate with a brief stop to speak to Old Lem. After his short discussion with Lem he makes his way down to the Ferry and across to the lands past the Scar for a short period of time before he returns and makes his way back north towards the Witch and Seer.



  • A lone figure stands on the Eastern edge of the Scar and watches the dwarves and Legionaires work. He stands motionless, but in plain sight, his mud and blood spattered armor and dark cloak wiping around him in the winds rising from the scar. Eventully, as the sun sets he seems to fade into the darkness.


  • Narfell DM

    After learning of the commotion, a self-proclaimed Professional wearing a rusty helmet, rusty fullplate, rusty boots, rusty halberd and a tattered cloak is seen by the shut gates shouting to any soul around or even when there's not any:

    "Hey! How dare you!? I never wanted to go that way, but then I suddenly wanna go, man!!! I wanna cross the scar all of the sudden!!! Hahaha, give me free passage!!! I know Thorin is a Profressional too, he's my mate, let me cross!!! Hahaha. Hah. Hahahah. hAhHAhjAJAajJHahH!!!!!"

    Laughing madly he goes away back to the city. His intentions are unknown as he doesn't try to reason with anyone around but shout to the air.