Blue Raven's Journal

• This plain soft leather covered book of vellum has plain, undecorated lettering in dark blue ink. Written in a plain and simple style, evenly spaced and perfectly uniform, as if from a hand trained in hand printing books.

• I hope I'm wrong about them. Sir Holmsmead certainly is a power of good, the likes I have not seen before. But... that prison. It wasn't what I would imagine someone as duty bound and honorable as Torm would set up. The drain on those prisoners, those endless cells. In isolation from each other. Had I not been with others... I would still be in that... loop... cloistered away and hidden from my Goddess.

• And the momentary look the High Priest of Torm gave me when I showed him the book that Sir Holmsmead gave me as a token of appreciation after helping the Vangaurd send those demon generals back to Hell... it was enough to further question the source of that power.

• Having the high priest bless my canteen of water... I hope that does it. Comparing those blessings... and then finding an independent who could trace those blessings back their source. I know the Ceruleans are loyal to Peltarch... and the actions taken by the King makes all under his rule suspect in the eyes of the Silver Host.

• I could also not put this query in the hands of anyone loyal to Spellweavers, in light of the judgement meted out to one of their professors... Chaevre. Seeing her in action against the Crimson Spikes, and then... when confused.. to have her mercilessly hammer me into the ground? Especially without so much as an apology? I tend to agree with the Tormites. There is something amiss with that one... especially it that mind reader of the Silver Host was telling the truth about her seeking to become a lich.

• But it is not those judged who is in question. It is what is done with them after judgement.

• So from... Verika. I hope... hmm... I don't know what to hope actually. If I'm right... and the blessing from the book doesn't come from Torm... how do I separate Sir Holsmead from Vere... his mind reader that is also the one that seems to send they judged into this prison. If anyone is deceiving Sir Holsmead... I think it must be this Vere that is in control of the power coming from that place.

• If she isn't a deceiver... than is Torm really the kind of god that would imprison in solitary and sap the strength from all of those judged... to feed himself? If that is the case, then... this is certainly out of mortal hands to do ANYTHING about. So I guess I hope Verika can find that there is a different source for the two blessings.

• Then I just need to proof it to the Chosen of Torm... that he is being used. Yes... THAT'LL be easy! And I have the Peltarch Cerulean Shesarai waiting in the wings to give me a second opinion to confirm once Verika is done.

• The family-man Jimmy decided it best I don't scout the far side of the river for giant-sign alone. While I was asking around Hero's Bluff regarding sightings of the same, we ran across a hin and a what appears to be some kind of scaled woman with serpent eyes named Noemi. Not naga... there wasn't a sinister bone in her body. The hin, named Vin moved well.

• They decided to join us, with the intention of finding the location the giant had culled their trees for their raft. We traveled well, attracting and dispatching some wolfs that mistook us for prey.

• Jimmy's knowledge of the paths on this side of the river again proved helpful, as her knew of a cave that cut to the middle of the woods around Mintas Rhelgor. Once we entered, I recognized it immediately from the many miner ventures made by a troop of dwarves and my old master Gnarl Horst... as well as Thorin Goldenaxe. I miss them both and hope to see them again someday.

• My apple eating friend is also adept at tracking and was able to identify many of the dire animals that creep in from the forest above... as well as the rumblings of the old guardian of rock and stone... the earth elemental. Depending on if the thing was hungry or not, it sometimes was placated by feeding it gemstones of various kinds. If not, it was very territorial.

• Without the power of Moradin from my old dwarven friends, even my callused fists could do nothing to this creature. We were lucky that it wasn't in the path we intended through the woods.

• We fought our way back out of the woods towards the windy plains... finding not only large cut trees felled by enormous axes, but also several landslides that had buried some of the gigantic dire animals there.

• Those animals hit as hard as I remember, and were it not for Vin (who has to be trained by a monastery) at my side... I could not have borne the brunt of the attacks. The dragon-blessed woman Noemi also bolstered us with the most unusual songs, which I will ask about when I see her again. Finally, Johnny's bow rarely missed its mark and devastated many of the animals Vin and I pummeled.

• Still, my assignment abroad has apparently softened me, and were it not for what appeared to be several caches of potions, I assumed left by giants looking to build a route through these lands, I could not have held my defenses. I will redouble my training. Those caches may be good places to ambush, as it could be a way to locate and counter the giant's efforts.

• I was able to skin enough of the dire bears to make some new satchels from their pelts. I will share the materials these creatures sacrificed to my companions in the effort. While working on these pelts at the tradehouse, I came across another apprentice under Master Horton named Atlas. We talked about the giants (which he seemed very interested in) as well as further sojourns together to work our crafts in Master Horton's name.

• Finally, I reported our actions to the gate guards at Heroes Bluff, the captain of the watch in Peltach, as well as my Lady Aurora at the Lightower Temple.

• I explored both river banks of the Scar from Heroes Bluff to the bridge east of Peltarch for signs of additional rafts being built or launched. Any trees dragged to the shoreline, I tried to track inland to where they were cut.

• Lizard men and trolls in the nearby marshes seem to have found some arrangement, as they seem to tolerate each other and even attack in union.

• I was bested by some Nars that were across the river from the old Cerulean outpost. Dove into the river to escape, only to be downed by arrows as I dove. The good thing is my body drifted downstream and out of their territory. The bad thing is that I died. I did not have an audience with Her. Only woke up to the faces of Jimmy and Thau'lira. Selune must have guided them to me.

• The scroll that brought me back was a godsend, and that Jimmy parted with it for an acquaintance. Well, I am glad to have put him on the road to home ownership for his family. I will ask Lady Moonbeam to sign off on a recommendation with the owners of the Bottlefly Apartments where I reside. It would be a goodness to give their family a space of their own and the least I can do.

• I reported my findings to Lady Aurora regarding the giant's crossings. Perhaps through her contacts she can find others that are investigating the situation as well.

• Returning to find my old apartment's key still worked is one thing. But that the banker's actually paid my rent all this time is... impressive. My reassignment took me quite by surprise, and took several years longer than expected. The dust was thick and it took me a better part of a week's off hours to get it back to order.

• I am glad Lady Aurora requested to have me at her side once more however. It begs the question however, "Why?" There are many Sun Soul that would have jumped at the opportunity to serve a High Priestess. Many things unsaid about my return. It makes me wonder if there are issues in the priesthood.

• The landscape and trails around Peltarch have changed quite a bit. I see that Seafarer's now guard the gates. Many of my mentors have moved on at the crafting hall.

• I went exploring and came across a young follower of Auril. I must admit I have forgotten her name. We went exploring the kobolds den. Deeper and they seem to have found a dragon's skull that they are worshipping... quite fervently. That faith may be of use, given the proper leverage.

• Lady Aurora's first prophetic act with me was to send me to Hin Hold in the middle of the night. The moon was bright, and when I got closer, I heard their town bells going off. They were under attack by frost giants. They were dead by the hand of a spellblade from Halruaa before I got into battle. He and a raider captain from High Hold and I tracked them back to their raft they built to cross the Scar River. I reported the situation to the Seafarer's guard to pass along to the Watch Captain.

• I must thanks Selune tonight at the shrine for the reminder that I am suited better for the path of creation, than that of destruction. Helping the dwarves of Aura Runedar collect the coal and stone needed from the goblin mines is where I can do the most good. It is as straight a path as a beam of sunlight.

• Being able to head up a crew of dwarven miners... even with their joke of telling me that the dwarven phrase they nicknamed me wasn't beautiful legger... but donkey knockers, I must admit, had me laughing as hard as I ever have. What a picture we likely made, with all of the coal dust on us, the only things shining was the white teeth of our smiles.

• It is this rude nickname that made me realize it was their rough way of accepting me. Well... that and perhaps the cart of ale casks I had dropped at the edge of town to be tapped and drank by the coal mining crews returning with their loads.

• One of the people I have grown fond of, and respect, recently rebuked me on being unconcerned with my companion's safety in unexpectedly attacking a vampire Garibaldi and Jorino were talking to. He said that it was pride that he was concerned with. Perhaps, I should certainly meditate on that. He would not say so casually.

• Perhaps my faith in my Goddess is a form of pride. I think he may see it as a form of blindness. That it blinds me to reason. Perhaps. I have not had reason to question my faith in Her. She has sent me back to life several times. Were I not doing what She wants of me... I would think She would find a better vessel. I certainly do not assume to know Her reasons. And I know that I am very fallible. But this did not feel wrong.

• Was there a plan to get us out if things went poorly? Had they waited for the vampire to spring the trap he had prepared... would it have gone any differently? And how?

• I should temper these thought in that this concern comes from a many who professes to not have a path of his own choosing. Perhaps my focus on my path frightens him. Perhaps that is why he sees it as wrong. Faith is not a prison. Faith provides structure.

• I did make a large mistake. I should not have accompanied them in the first place. We are on different paths. I am not defending others for a good story... or for glory... or fame... or riches... or to test my mettle. I do it because Selune says I must. That it is the right thing to do. Travelling with those that don't have trust... and that I don't trust leads to just such situations.

• Was mine the right action? I will not know till Selune judges them.

• There are techniques that allow a Sun Soul to expose their soul... an explosion of pure sunlight... called the Sunburst. I will explore this technique. Perhaps one of these times, when one of these vampires thinks it can simply change into a red mist and vanish... I will be better prepared to finish them.

• Persistence. On my walks in the Rawlins near the wyvern bluffs south and east of Norwick, and the lower reaches of the Giantspire north and west of Peltarch and I finally found elm trees that are ripe for culling. The few logs I was able to cut cleanly gave me enough experience with the mill saw that I didn't ruin all the wood. One perfect small elm shield... joined tight and bound properly. Not as light as the darkwood shield that the Squire carries, but it will be a good heirloom to enchant for someone needing a backup shield. We will see if Mister Blake is interested.

• My memories are there. They are not lost. It seems that each person, each unique landscape, each skill from my recent past has some kind of... key that unlocks them. My dear friend Autumn unlocked hers. She asked me to whistle. At first I told her I did not know how. But she asked me to try anyway. And when I did... out came a perfect single note. That's all it took. A flood of memories of our friendship came back. It quite overwhelmed me and I cried. I cried the first time since I was a small child. Decades of pent up sadness released.

• Perhaps I need to come up with a method of releasing these powerful emotions that are suppressed with my training? Afterwards I felt more stable, more anchored than I have in a LONG time. The experience of losing parts of my memories, it felt so unfair. Especially since it has caused so much pain and sadness in my companions, my friends. Like they have been cut out of my life... and that our relationship has died as surely as I did. That I haven't really come back. But I can see now that this is a reminder from my Goddess, that live is fleeting and remembrance is more precious than any worldly treasures. I am humbled by Her lesson.

• This seems like a really nice city. I'm glad Lady Moonbeam has accepted me into her service. Being a Sun Soul for such an important priestess of Selune is surely the Lady of Silver shining down on me.

• I seem to have arrived at a fortuitous festival called picking day. There were many items spread out on the ground and a group of people invited me to take turns with them picking the items up. A gentlemen named Vick Blake explained the rules to me.

• They kept mentioning something about a maze... and people were looking at me with a feeling of sadness. I hope I did not mess up one of the local customs or something.

• There was also a young elven woman with wild braids of hair that was looking at me quite intently. She seems really familiar. I wanted to ask who she was, but it was very crowded in the Common area... and I felt it best to retreat and find the temple again.

• I look forward to learning my new city. It was strange... when I talked to Lady Moonbeam she said I already had a storage chest AND an apartment in the city... but I do not recall setting either of those up! That is strange. I shall have to meditate on the matter to insure everything is ok with my health.

• It is concerning that I cannot remember my last death. And, I am discovering that it seems to be a larger hole in my memory than just the traumatic part. And it isn't just... in order loss either. Not remembering Squire Aegiself for a few days... even looking right at him and simply... not remembering his name. I am having a difficult time, even with my mental exercise I use in meditation, of not being unreasonable scared of this.

• It is as if... I am wearing something out. Something I cannot replace.

• I don't know what to make of Lieutenant Reyhenna Jorino. She came to me while I was out on a sojourn with Unen to the gnoll's canyons. Unen was clearly uncomfortable with the conversation that was to occur, as I had already told him of what transpired in Peltarch's witch hunt.

• I haven't taken let down my Order's discipline for anyone. Yet I asked her to symbolically 'take off' her uniform, and I would 'take off' mine. So we could speak as two women, two people.

• She came to clear the air and perhaps assuage her own guilt... I am not sure. But I dumped my bucket on her. I don't know wether or not my perspective will guide her to a less blood-soaked path. I think she also came to suss out wether I could be trusted.

• I hope letting her know that I would walk the path I felt to be true to my Goddess and my Order. And when they diverged from her path, and we butted heads once again, that I would not judge her actions. Only try to guide her true through my own actions.

• She walks a fine line. I saw her tribunal, however slanted that view was. I have seen her at work in the orphanage. I have also seen her covered in blood, wading through Peltarchian soldiers who's believes were different than hers. But if I can have hope for a Shaman of Gruumsh, I think I can risk hope on her.

• Garen, Sir Loreweaver, Sergeant Haltrude decided to explore a map that Sir Loreweaver has from his grandfather, who apparently was an adventurer in Narfell in his time. And there aren't many people who I would trust my life to as I would with these three.

• Garen has shown to know his own abilities and has a more level head than I have found outside of my own faith. He is grounded and even tempered, and is always good council as well as good in a battle.

• Sergeant Jane Haltrude is an independent minded woman who takes guff from no one. It was she and Miss Underhill that went against the directive of Smoke on that fateful day in the battle of the Western Towns. And both of them military... so even more dangerous to disobey a superior. Her morals are stronger than any steel I can make and always seem to point true.

• And this young paladin Sir Linus Loreweaver. Fearless. Thoughtful. A natural leader. And one of only two companions that decided to return to me under the crypts of Norwick to insure my safety. And then to defend Autumn and I until he himself died in the attempt?

• The maps were of areas I am well familiar with, but Sir Loreweaver seemed so excited to be following in his grandfather's footsteps that I mostly kept my counsel to myself. Through the spider's canyons, into the goblin's warrens and back up through their coal and tin mines. All was well in hand, till the always dim caverns went black as pitch... even dimming my own Sun Soul to a wavering shadow.

• We heard someone scream and Linus took off running towards it. Garen and Jane counseled caution... but someone needed to watch the young paladin's back in this darkness. So I sprinted off with him. I bumped someone, in the dark running the opposite way... the sweat of fear pouring off of him that I could smell it. There were goblins that were dispatched... and by the time the greenskins had fallen, so had this stranger.

• It was then I felt him... and even smell the faint lingering smell of burnt hair that I smelt the last time he had shown himself to me. The one they call the Adventure Killer. Seems another target. The man I had bumped into was dead. Throat slit by the jagged blade this creature carried.

• He also judged Jane, knowing the details of what transpired that day. And also Garen... although, I was distracted enough by this thing's ki energy... that I don't recall what was said about Garen. I did notice that Linus was stunnned a moment while concentrating on this person. I should ask him what he sensed... if he is anything like the Squire Aegiself, then perhaps he got another perspective on the motives of this thing.

• He did confirm that he was not one of the Silver Host. Perhaps one of the villagers that we saved or were somehow spared the elemental's fires? Regardless, it is apparent that this is likely part of the same.. entity that possessed Vere and briefly changed the Champion of Torm on Toril into a disbeliever in the span of a breath. Although, Sir Holmsmead's faith helped break through the will of this... parasite.

• This was confirmed by the mage Surin Trusho... who appeared outside the cavern entrance. The same spectre of a man... both there and not there... that I first met in the lower Giantspire... visiting Reyhenna's childhood home. Some kind of memory collector. I initially though him a time traveller's echo. No he has revealed he is in possession of two... secrets. Primal underpinnings of how the universe works. Outside of planes and gods and mortal reality. And he sought the entity that inhabited Vere, Sir Holmsmead, and now this vengeful burn victim known as the Adventure Killer. Apparently, the power behind this is another one of these... prime truths... or basic secrets.

• Regardless of the politeness of this Trusho... he has no morals to speak of. I also do not think he even knows what he would do with the power he seems to be attracted to... like a moth to flame. He offered whatever we valued as worth in exchange for capturing this... hmm... what do I call it... divine parasite? I am unimpressed.

• The conspiracy to organize a military coup was stopped. Seeing Lieutenants Jorino and Grimm slicing their way through soldiers who had been ordered by their rebellious commanders to stop them... did not sit well with me. What if Autumn happened to be attached to one of those Commanders? Would she be casually gutted as well? I joined their attempt to get through the barricade at the gaol. But I pulled my punches... knocking out as many guards as I could before they were slain by the Lieutenant's swords. I applied magical balms to the pair to keep them fighting... and I am conflicted about that.

• They continued on to the Commander they sought after the battle. I stayed and tried to keep alive as many of the wounded they created. These were fathers, brothers and sons of Peltarch. They were loyal men, who stayed at their Commanders sides. Condemned for their loyalty. I thought perhaps Jorino was different than Grimm.

• When I found that Captain Gom was on their list of those intending to support a change in government... I couldn't believe it. I rushed to see if I could get to him before this... mob justice following Jorino. The tower was already surrounded... I bought a crossbow, pulled those bolts of teleportation out of my pack, and the scroll that would let me strike true and waited to see if I could hit Captain Gom. If I could pull him out, then I could talk with him... find out the truth. And he could turn himself in, rather than be forced into it. But to no avail.

• Quaffing those potions of invisibility and haste made it easy enough to avoid the blockade around the tower. Scaling the outside was also less troublesome that expected. The locked iron door at the top however... was unexpected. At least I spoke to Gom through the door. Seems someone named Weyland's troops were between Jorino's troop and himself. He they made it to him... he would surrender... he thought. I urged him to stay true to the good man I knew he was.

• Being dismissed and threatened with imprisonment when I brought this news to Jorino was... chilling. I returned then to the temple to insure none of the military infighting hurt my charges. I urged the Lady Moonbeam to move the temple of Selune to Norwick. This government and it's military is not a safe place for those of good faith. Like most High Priestesses I have met, she thinks herself invincible from harm. But there are other gods... with their chosen as well. No one is immune. She has unbreakable faith in Her. Mine, is less certain today.

• The second time the bard Gariboldi has spoken to me like a child. I am glad she is not someone I am beholden to... or someone I am responsible to... or even someone I trust. Her rebuffing me when attempting to help the homeless singer Rebecca told me all I need to know of her moral convictions. She lacks faith in others. And seems to seek the glory of solving mysteries... without caring too much of the repercussions of what the truth brings.

• I had never thought of it before Garen mentioned it in passing. Blue Moon. Once in a Blue Moon. Could this be why the Hawk and Dove of the monastery named me Blue? I can't believe I never even thought of that phrase in connection to myself and my naming.

• The maze still amazes me. I have yet to ask Sir Goldenaxe what he thinks of the place. The craftsmanship is considerable. And the portals used throughout... impressive. I will need to start noting the in's and out's of the place. Depending on the knowledge of others is always a risky choice.

• The cloak clasp of the bull's head with the delicate filigree of maze lines took a little research to figure out... much like the maze itself. It was the ruby eyes that finally gave it away... and Lenny, the jeweler of the Docks District. Apparently if attached to a cloak of unblemished hide, it provides considerable protection against the slashing of blades. I think a perfect dire bear pelt will do it.

• I find myself attached to a group of people. It is an odd pairing. The Squire Aegiself and I have many similarities in our past. He had monastic training as well. Although he heard the calling to become a paladin. He certainly is a natural leader. And quite capable of seeing a situation without getting caught up in the flow of the action. He has brought this group of us to places I did not think ourselves capable of surviving, much less being very successful in.

• For a paladin to be fast friends with Unen, the master bard... who beforehand, I had not paid much attention to? He seemed like many of the others stuck in that circle of indecision they call the Commons. But seeing Unen under the city at that pool of blood... and speaking to him about it after, showed me depths I had not seen there before. And he certainly is inspiring. I have never felt as confident of my own abilities as when I hear him sing during battle.

• And Vick Blake? I am seeing a warmth to him that he hides well. He goes ahead of safety into the dark, alone... and survives by his own wits and skills. And yet, still has a quiet concern for his companions that slides by almost as unseen as he is. I find myself very attracted to him.

• Finally, there is a crass... seemingly mercenary character who, were it not for the Squire vouching for, I would take a common bandit. Ajax. He seems to have some kind of bladder problem. But, much like Lieutenant Grimm, he is uncannily skilled at killing things. Except he seems oddly more self-aware than Grimm. I don't know what to make of him yet.

• The group that went to the crypts below old Norwick seemed satisfied with putting down the beholder... and destroying the trail that seems to be where the abomination came from. But... to me... I knew why they came down. They came down for the treasure. And once they had it... they turned tail and left. I knew it was simply a distraction. There had been rumors that this is where the person known as the Adventure Killer was hiding. This was not that person. Yet... they left. I knew if I said anything, I would be either ignored, or told that the job was done. It wasn't... and I knew it. So I left them.

• I avoided the argument. Looking back... I should not have done that. It caused concern to a friend. A friend who risked herself and another good soul to come look for me. When they found me, I had to return. They had risked for me. I was indebted to their effort. I still knew it wasn't the right thing to do. But... there are many paths... many forms. Perhaps that day was the new moon... when She and I are weakest? I do not know.

• On the way out... being overwhelmed by patchwork giants. They were right about the crypt raising the dead again and again. The paladin Sir Loreweaver became surrounded trying to give us a path to retreat. It was brave, but not the best idea. We could have retreated to a doorway and taken them one at a time. When he fell, Autumn and I took turns holding the hallway while the other healed.

• That was when the hooded stranger came out of the shadows with a jagged sword and slew the last two patchwork giants. I still don't know what to make of him. He was badly burned. Autumn seemed to know who he was. And he claimed judgement on her. When Autumn asked me to leave... oh my. She must have been jesting. After she came for me. Apparently... this was the Adventure Killer? My Ki told me only that his spirit was strong. As strong as mine... and that he was trained. As well as I... if not better.

• He spoke of the day in the western villages... and was to judge Autumn's choice to not save her commander, and to stay with the mission of stopping Vere. And staying as she died. I am convinced this is one of the Silver Host... come back to judge those in Peltarch that ended the Silver Host. It didn't ring to me of Sir Holmsmead. Was it Zachary?

• When I would not leave Autumn... he judged me... and found me satisfactory. But when Autumn tried to spare me by telling me to leaver her... and I would not leave her... the hooded man.... seemed in a quandry. I told him that if it was what happened to the Silver Host, that Autumn punishes herself more than his judgement ever would... it seemed to stay his hand.

• When he told me to leave Sir Loreweaver's body, I refused. But something made me put the body down. I went into a stance that would allow me to leap on this person... if he went to make off with the body... but... he then placed a scroll on the dead body of Sir Loreweaver, said something to the affect of "only those to be judged, not other good souls should be taken"... and raised him. So perhaps the undead beholder was the lure to bring Autumn out of the city?

• The judgement of others certainly seems to be in line with the... ego... and pride that came with the Host. Even after being shown the deception of Vere... and that their leader was fallen in the eyes of their deity... this person still stays that path. I cannot fall into the same trap and judge him lacking. It is not my place. But, I don't know quite what to make of this person.

• Speaking with Garen after we returned raised as many questions in my head as it answered. Where can I stand between this former Silver Host person and Autumn? She is my friend... and she is worth guiding... and worth standing by. But this person... they have a grievance with her actions. And it is a valid concern. But when reading a book... one does not decide if it is a good read or not... till reading it to the end. How can one judge a person... before their life is complete?

• There are spider hatchlings appearing in Peltarch. I have to see if the pattern of the web is the same as the gigantic spider I saw near the Wyvern Bluffs.

• To think the goblins may have something to do with the shift in spider hunting grounds is unexpected. See all those goblins in the southern most canyons south of the old gypsy camp was surprising. Usually they are such cowards. I wonder who directs their actions?

• Isolde always seems to have a list of intriguing situations she is in the midst of. Vampires hiding out in the Lizard Folks caves. Undead. Certainly of darkest energy. That's bad. Smart undead who corrupt the still living? Worse. But whatever made that coffin?

• My Lady of the Silver Light's twin Sister of Darkness has been revealed. It was one of Her disciples that made that cursed coffin of obsidian. Catching a glimpse of the infinite dark disc... the purple corona... the oppressive and almost unbearable weight... it was too much.

• Had the Moonmaiden not caught me... I would had fallen forever into that Darkness. I am humbled to be Her tool in this fight. I am gladden that my tiny part of the Sun in my Soul was enough... today.

• Awaking after though... I thought... my Sun Soul had gone out. Since being a child at the monastery... I have NEVER felt that cold. I must thank Blake's child... and find a gift worth giving to Aoth, the Windwalker. I think I have much to learn from her about the element of Air... and about questioning things. Perhaps she can be a good mentor in my Raven phase. As well as Isolde.

• I still seem to have difficulty in... presenting myself with enough... personal.. presence to be heard properly at times. When the group first said there were opponents ahead was the exact time... when I was watching the rear... that those two strangers approached us from the rear. Had my warning been heeded... I mean... I saw the danger of being trapped between vampires and what I thought were there servants... come to box us in. It is frustrating to have to shout... to whistle even (thank you Autumn)... to garner the attention needed in that situation.

• The same when I became aware that the magic being used was Shadow magic... the Dark Twin's magic... what I have been trained to fight all my life. To have to offer that tool to those making decisions three times before being heard...

• I am being impatient... and inconsiderate of others. I am sure the paths available are many and to try and decide the best way... and to do so quickly and in dangerous circumstances where time is important... yes. I am being too hard on my companions. Patience... I must learn to be stronger with that.

• That the servant of my Mistress's dark twin showed herself to me on the walls coming into town was... unusual. In the past, I have had to root out her servants. They are ever so good at hiding. This one though... brazen? Powerful certainly. Perhaps curiosity got the better of her. Regardless... I will not forget her face... and the energy she gave off. Seems my Raven training has come none too soon. I must ask Sir Fabian Reinhardt what her name was... if he found out when he tried to have her arrested.

• Mining with Sir Goldenaxe is fast becoming one of the things I look forward to.

• Finding birch near the pass to the wyverns was fortuitous. I find myself working with Ethuil to be very easy. I am glad we have branched out from clearing the goblin mines to other challenges.

• Those spiders out near the Scar... where the wyverns fly and breed... near where the cliff's edges and the forest meet... their webbing was large enough to ensnare an adult wyvern. And the largest that tore through the trees after us was... not just disconcerting... it was outright frightening. I will have to check on the area next time I go out for birch.

• I keep thinking back to going mining with General Thorn of the Legion. He is quite charismatic in a quiet kind of way.

• Autumn was quite flushed when we chatted about Fabian. I forget that she is quite young... for an elf.

• I was able to smelt gold on my own for the first time yesterday. Much room for improvement. I think I was able to get eight ingots from more than one hundred pounds of gold ore. More practice... more practice.

• Selling a pair of my belts to Autumn made me feel like my crafting is starting to come to fruition. I am helping others through acts of creation... not just protection!

• I have heard tell that Scott Grimm is preparing an expedition to the Elemental Plane of Earth. After seeing him and his disregard of his companions, I am concerned that I will be tempted to join him. Seeing an elemental plane though... the things I could learn about the form and how it translates into my own martial arts and outlook... I will have to meditate... perhaps ask advice of my Priestess.

• My belt arrived from the monastery today. My spiritual leader was able to use the spell crystalled belt after all! I will use it well. Praise my Order and their support!