Where's Kerby?

• Hey y'all,

Short note to let you know that I am still about, but my spouse and I decided to convert our basement into a studio apartment. Since I am unemployed, a lot of the work is falling to me. It is really fun, but hard work, and I am finding myself sore and tired afterwards.

Needless to say, my Narf time has been reduced. And the time I do have, I have been spending with my head buried in the toolset working on the Gypsy Camp and Gypsy Pass screens.

I know a couple people were concerned that my inactivity made it appear that I am burned out or unhappy with some aspect of Narfell… it is the furthest from the truth.

I have recieved a lot of requests from the players of the GC (including housing, rebuilds, PrCs, items, quests, etc...) and they have not been forgotten. I will work on them all when I have time.

Cheers and be seeing you all around the fires.

Kerbs / DM SMOO

• Okay… painting done and wall work done. Still working on the base moulding and the heating system.

And so that you campers don't lose hope for a new and improved gypsy camp area... I will start listing out some of the things I have accomplished in the module (that won't be spoilers). I have been spending my spare time in the toolset rather than DMing... so I leave you in the capable hands of Belthor and Cera (who has fixed her computer problems and is back in the saddle) until I get the majority of this revamp out of the way.

And FYI... these changes are not in yet, since I currently have the portions of the module that need revamps and have been tweaking the work that Soul_Knife did for me. The majority of changes thus far have been to the Camp and the Gypsy Pass themselves.

The next part will be the exciting part (new areas and monsters!).

So...

The Gypsy Camp Screen:

• Changed commoners in the gypsy camp to named Romani.
    • Mapped out backgrounds for all existing Camp named NPCs (still working on the new NPCs).
    • Added a few exotic Gali NPCs in the Camp.
    • Revamped Masters, Tara, Mohave, Nell, and all other NPCs statistics.
    • Revamped the clothing the Masters and Tara wear.
    • Remapped the walking patterns of the Gypsy Camp guards to realistically patrol the danger areas (near the main gate, walls and the gnoll's chasm)
    • Remapped the chickens so that they don't stand around underwater in the middle of a stream
    • Remapped Romani and Gali NPCs walking patterns to insure they don't overlap and get stuck anywhere.
    • Changed the locations of the Crafting stations and the format of structure that they are in (you all are going to LOVE this!)
    • Created a main bonfire area in the Camp with sitting stones and moss around the perimeter
    • Changed out all shacks to tents
    • Added small ruins around the camp
    • Gave Tara a tent and fire to stand near
    • Reworked the stream that runs through camp a little to allow for the bonfire area
    • Reworked the roads so that they make sense for the high traffic areas
    • Reworked all the sounds of the camp (added spooky noises near the graveyard, reworked the bubbling sounds near the streams, added creaks to the bridge going to the gnolls areas)
    • Added small caves around the perimeter of the camp
    • Changed shack interriors to tent interiors
    • Added special keys in each of the tents to prepare for PC housing
    • Moved the King into the camp (still working on walking patterns that would allow for him to transition to the Gypsy Pass screen)
    • Added waterfall cave to the edge of the camp... which will eventually be the Romani winery.

Once I have a few more things done to the Gypsy Camp... I will be moving on to the Gypsy Pass. After that... there will be some NEW areas (which I have already started on). And ONE hint for some new areas? One word. Volodni. πŸ˜‰ x42

• Let me know a day or two out Bay. I will cetainly get the vodka chilled in preparation. πŸ™‚

• @35ba281aff=Morgan_Hearst:

PS for those that don't know, that is Baynoor in his avatar. 8O

I thought that would have been obvious. And Kerby, my friend just got a job offer with the GAO, so I may help her move out to D.C. Good time to buy me a martini.

• DCG = Drunk Catholic Girl

Unfortunately for Bay she wasn't looking for a man that would bend over backwards for her. :lol:

PS for those that don't know, that is Baynoor in his avatar. 8O

• At least there is one person that finds you funny.

:roll:

πŸ˜‰

• Democratic cock gun? shrug worth a shot ( get it, shot? I slay me)

• @7eac48f9f6=Baynoor:

I only panic when I see DCGs

I am almost afraid to ask what a DCG is. :fear:

• @07d4c5ad6f=Morgan_Hearst:

Don't panic, I'm no more back than I ever was πŸ˜‰

Then again looking at Bay's avatar maybe you should panic! :? πŸ˜›

I only panic when I see DCGs

• Don't panic, I'm no more back than I ever was πŸ˜‰

Then again looking at Bay's avatar maybe you should panic! :? πŸ˜›

• @ce14911fb7=Baynoor:

Sweet, now I will have a place to stay.

@ce14911fb7=Morgan_Hearst:

shudders

OMG!! It's Heckle and Jeckle!! And Bay… only if you bunk up with Devo. He's going to be our first tenant. :lol:

"Honey, the dwarves are being rowdy in the basement again!!"

• Well hurry back so stuff can happen. :pokeball:

• ….

First Baynoor returns, then Morgan...

what did we do wrong...

welcome back btw

• shudders

• Sweet, now I will have a place to stay.

• Yay.. Home improvement Shudders holding lower back have fun. πŸ˜‰

• ::RaptorDM is learning the ways of traps. Smoo may be away but thier is another lurking behind the scenes. Don't take that 21st step:: :twisted:

• While the Smoo cat is away the Narfmice will play….

• He he he, there is not much more satisfying than a job well done by your own hands πŸ˜‰ have fun and come back soon, i finnaly got around to making a proper character for the Gypsy camp.

• @7483be10f0=Darkpowder:

Thanks Kerby for giving me the bright idea of making a DIY list for Yith to do at home πŸ˜„

…....

yeah... thanks kerby.... :roll:

Get back soon, your missed.