Past & Present Gypsy Scouts sound off.

• Can all players of characters that were or are part of the Gypsy Camp Scouts guild/group, please let me know who you are and who any other members you remember are/were?

Thanks. This is part of my effort to get the Rom Kanoro (which means Gypsy’s Eyes) camp guild/group going.

They will be the guards and scouts and hunters and information gatherers for outside of the Camp. The only requirement is that you are a Rom or gali and not hold any other obligations that are more important the Oath and the Camp.

All sorts of stations would be given and many talents would be used. They are not quite spies though. They could also be seen as diplomats for their people. And traders as well. They would be on the look out for anything that would be a danger to or an advantage to the Camp.

Or they could simply be hunters that bring food to the camp. Or guards for the Rom merchants that go to sell their wares in the cities. They are the offensive protectors of the Camp.

So let me know your player login, your character's name, if you have any scout items, and if you are still interested in participating. Mind you this is ONLY for those people that have been in the group before. I will start a recruitment thread for new applicants when I am ready.

@7744924d78:

[18:35] <kerby>okay
    [18:35] * Katebush applauds
    [18:35] <vilehelm>what about the old Gypsy Crossbones?
    [18:35] <kerby>I don't know about them
    [18:35] <vilehelm>they're the old gypsy scout item
    [18:36] <vilehelm>I have one on Shyrae
    [18:36] <kerby>PM me with details… but this should be reaplacing the Gypsy Scouts and all other GC related guilds
    [18:36] <vilehelm>I'll log in later as her so you can check it out
    [18:36] <vilehelm>it dates from the time of Rego
    [18:36] <cotton>Yup
    [18:36] <cotton>Most of the camp scouts are very inactive, only a few reamain
    [18:36] <vilehelm>indeed
    [18:36] <vilehelm>shyrae is hardly active
    [18:37] <kerby>kk… this will be similar to the scouts and they will be merged into this group
    [18:37] <vilehelm>I would rather have her NPCified
    [18:37] <kerby>This guild will be DM lead though
    [18:37] <vilehelm>so a "militia" of sorts?
    [18:37] <katebush>good
    [18:37] <flom-boyant>neat
    [18:37] <kerby>Militia is more an internally facing group
    [18:37] <kerby>this is more externally facing
    [18:37] <vilehelm>aye
    [18:37] <vilehelm>but I mean ..
    [18:37] <vilehelm>like the HDL, the militia, etc.
    [18:38] <vilehelm>a town-related "guild" without guild benefits
    [18:38] <kerby>ah
    [18:38] <kerby>like what benefits?
    [18:38] <vilehelm>guilds are self-regulating
    [18:38] <vilehelm>they get guild items, guild storage, but have to keep up to seraphaine's guild level
    [18:38] <circi>hdl got guild storage but we not a guild
    [18:38] <circi>[18:38] <kerby>Guild will be changing.
    [18:39] <vilehelm>allright
    [18:39] <vilehelm>to give an example:
    [18:39] <vilehelm>with the KotCS I had the option to chose guild or peltarch militia
    [18:39] <vilehelm>guild== independency, guild items
    [18:39] <vilehelm>pelt== dependency, but assurance of existence and funding
    [18:39] <vilehelm>a guild has to work for it's existence
    [18:40] <kerby>gotcha… this will be a town guild. if PCs are inactive in it... NPC will still be. It will be a part of the camp.
    [18:40] * Vilehelm nods
    [18:40] * Kaona_ is now known as Kaona
    [18:40] <vilehelm>thanks, that cleared it up
    [18:40] <kerby>As far as guild items… I will make them up... as opposed to the PCs
    [18:40] <vilehelm>yp
    [18:41] <kerby>is that cool with everyone?
    [18:41] * Katebush nods
    [18:41] * Stoned_Apple nods
    [18:41] <flom-boyant>fine by me
    [18:41] <vilehelm>I'm perfectly OK with that
    [18:41] <flom-boyant>same
    [18:41] <kaona>Yep</kaona></flom-boyant></vilehelm></flom-boyant></kerby></vilehelm></kerby></vilehelm></kerby></vilehelm></vilehelm></vilehelm></vilehelm></vilehelm></vilehelm></kerby></circi></circi></vilehelm></vilehelm></kerby></kerby></vilehelm></vilehelm></vilehelm></vilehelm></kerby></kerby></flom-boyant></katebush></vilehelm></kerby></vilehelm></kerby></vilehelm></vilehelm></cotton></cotton></vilehelm></vilehelm></kerby></vilehelm></vilehelm></kerby></vilehelm></kerby>

• @3112bee500=kerby:

So let me know your player login, your character's name, if you have any scout items, and if you are still interested in participating. Mind you this is ONLY for those people that have been in the group before. I will start a recruitment thread for new applicants when I am ready.

Sorry to rain on the parade. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Sasha was a scout and Ameniel would volunteer to be one.

• looks around Are we up to the volunteer part now?

If so, take your pick, got three characters, all live in the camp, only one is indisposed right now.

Sy'wyn Blackwood
    Amith Kel'fer
    Lila Silverhair

Any would be happy to volunteer… well Sy wouldn't be happy to, but would do it anyway...

• I would -like- to become a scout, i have 1 character in the camp right now that i just recently made the other day, who has gotten almost no use.

Also i once had a character that was a storyteller in the extrodinary amazing troupe, for a very very short period of time, as i left Narf for like 5 months shortly after.

• Ael is still around occasionally, and he was/is a scout.

• I don't know if token is needed to be a scout, but ill volunteer aswell anyway

• lilith iyapo was a scout/elder for a time. she was more of a "camp informant " though, using her partiucualr skills at getting on hte good side of all kinds of people to keep an eye on trouble makers in the camp.
    she was appointed by cotton to this role, and ani also knew of it. i would be more than happy to take on the role or similar again, as it would give me good reason to log in, somethin i havent felt i have had for a while.
    hope you can get this goin kerbs you have all of my support.
    lossa love and huggles and stuff jus cos i can .

• Azura gleefully volunteers to be a scout

• Aniriorildor Silverleaf was a scout/elder and I tried to get it as an official guild at one point before I left. Ani was an unnofficial leader of the group for a while when I was working on getting it as a guild, and we put some PCs on various scouting missions from finding Arnath to investigating some bandit activity. Things fell apart though and the group really just faded away. He is back in town so to speak and ready for some scout'n. 😉

Nizbah Nobbleknock - Player Name
    Aniriorildor Silverleaf - Character Name
    Scout Crossbones - Guild Item

• I never joined the scouts… tried too but the timing was bad, scout leaders were inactive and all the changes started happening in camp. but that's beside the point, I had a question...

@03033cdb96:

The only requirement is that you are a Rom or gali and not hold any other obligations that are more important the Oath and the Camp.

I'm in the Wolves and trying to help out with the GREAT… Would the oath to the Wolves be considered a more important obligation? If not then 😄 if so then 😞

• Gypsy Eyes are no guild per se, they're a town-related group, so you can be in it as well as in two guilds.

• Cotton was and is a scout or I think she is still 😛

And far as the GREAT goes, if attendence keeps the way it has been for our practices, I will be shutting it down very soon.

• @b9128e2693=Kerby:

@b9128e2693=Kara_Tyr:

Vilmar, of course, is deceased anyways. 😛

Tindra is currently in possession of his old Gypsy Crossbones ring, as per his last wishes in his farewell letter to Tindra. I had informed the then PC Gypsy Elders (told both Cera and Cotten) of my having his ring, as well as Riverthorn that I had it (reported since I figured it was like a guild item). Riverthorn at the time had said that my keeping it would be up to the then PC Gypsy Elders. I'm not sure if the elders did make a finalized decision, but at the time the were accepting of my having it. I think the PC Elders were disbanded before they could really decide.

Needless to say, I'd rather have it that Tin would be able to keep the ring, because of the emotional value.

I am sure that Vilmar would love to think that his friend Tindra took his place in the Scouts. ::nudge nudge::

I wouldn't mind doing such, but I'm not sure I should be able to. Tindra is already a member of two guilds, and starting to get involved with the GREAT circus as an honorary member. If there were a way Tin could help the new scouts that would fit in then I might go for it. But…. I suppose that should be discussed in private and IG.

• @86408e186f=Kara_Tyr:

Vilmar, of course, is deceased anyways. 😛

Tindra is currently in possession of his old Gypsy Crossbones ring, as per his last wishes in his farewell letter to Tindra. I had informed the then PC Gypsy Elders (told both Cera and Cotten) of my having his ring, as well as Riverthorn that I had it (reported since I figured it was like a guild item). Riverthorn at the time had said that my keeping it would be up to the then PC Gypsy Elders. I'm not sure if the elders did make a finalized decision, but at the time the were accepting of my having it. I think the PC Elders were disbanded before they could really decide.

Needless to say, I'd rather have it that Tin would be able to keep the ring, because of the emotional value.

I am sure that Vilmar would love to think that his friend Tindra took his place in the Scouts. ::nudge nudge::

• Vilmar, of course, is deceased anyways. 😛

• Correction, that was Abi Telgat or somesuch.

Yes, Vilmar was played by Fin 😛

:oops:

• I am NOT Desikid >_<

• Shyrae is and was a scout, even though I have never known much about the organisation of them. She got Gypsy Crossbones guild ring from Rego Jatle, back in the day.

As far as I know, Vilmar Nerefar (DeskidiA) and Sasha De'Arfinn (sp?) currently known as the soon to be deceased Shai'llin were scouts too.

I would actually like to be involved in the Gypsy Eyes with Shyrae and/or her son Gaedyn, let's see how it goes.