Searching for a Necromancer

• First Star Cerulean Jonni Aelthasson, after the attack of undead to the city of Peltarch, has decided to lead an expedition towards Ormpur, spot where the last hideout of the necromancer was found.

He tries to assemble a proper group for this (maybe?) dangerous task.

((Sunday… at 6pm GMT+1 or noon EDT. You all can sing up, but it's Jonni who will decide ICly who does he want on his team.

EDIT TO ADD: Happy reminder. My events are not easy when they include combat. And by "not easy" , I mean "dangerous". Any level is welcome to come, but play smart or death will happen.

• First: I locked this because it totaly got out of hand. And also it doesn't even have to do with the Original Intention of the thread

Second: I said it would be a rough event in the first post, the same day I made the announcement. My events are rough, for any level range. If i was doing an event for levels 2-5, it'd still be rough. For them.

Third: Emer, you should be less blunt and try to choose your words more carefuly, it really was not cool to tell anyone they are "crying" and all that.

Fourth: Moon, you yourself said your char is squishy. 5 cleric/3 ranger, is not even a melee character, so you always have to play her from the back.
    That said, I merely tried to give you a friendly advice that, even if the event is going to be rough, you would be ok and be helpful if you did a healing role.
    I also told you that you are free to play your character the way you like, and if for you it's more fun to play melee and die (since you said you don't mind dying) then do it, that won't ruin anyone's fun. Contributes to RP.
    To this point, also want to add that I fail to see how staying in the back and offering healing, buffs, shooting arrows to do some damage, and ROLE PLAYING with the team can be boring. It's an RP server, if I recall correctly, and so as long as you can RP your char as you want, should be fun, even if you have to stay back (which also opens doors for other type of RP, of the humble adventurer that knows this time they need to offer support rather than being in the front line).

Lastly. I will not hear again anyone saying "I won't go to your event because I can't contribute in any way". If you don't want to come because you think that, keep it to yourself, I, as a player and DM don't want to know about this. Just tell me you can't make it or whatever… but I feel as if i was trying to be fooled when I hear the "I can't contribute" thing. (Sorry, this is my personal thinking, and it IS like that for me)

Even a level 1 wizard with 4hp can be given healing balms and keep people alive. Roll a good INT roll and save the day by solving a riddle, or whatever. And for the record... if I was a PC, I would always appreciate having an extra cleric on my team, even if level 2, because when you hit negatives HP, you don't care if it's Shannon or Mr. Newbie who gets you back on your feet. You just want to get back on your feet.

Moon, you are free to come, or not come, regardless of everything. You have your reasons that make you think so, then that's fine. If you change your mind and want to come, that's fine too. To each, their own. This is a game and everyone can choose what events to go and which to skip.
    But you are the one who told me yesterday "I'm used to not being in any events anyways". Excluding yourself from them won't change this fact.

• Well maybe because the DM incharge told me it would be best for Kris to stay in the back, yesterday, and I dont Think that is much fun??? :lol:

Not until then I got a taste of the toughness of the event. I made a choice to step back and I think it is fair to say i will not participate, daughters or no daughters 😉

• Guys, this is an Event announcement thread. Don't argue in an event announcement thread. Don't get an event announcement thread locked. Else I shall be cross with you.

Just step away from the keyboard. Make a nice cup of coffee. Or tea. Or vodka. I like scotch, but it's a bit early. Whatever. Sip it. Think about ponies. Unicorns. Heavy Metal soundtracks. The fact that we all share the same little orb of regenerating and decaying carbon pie crust over a spinning core of liquid metals constantly hurtling through space around around a giant ball of ionized plasma which is itself falling through space around other stuff like pulsars and black holes that could theoretically rend life apart as we know it before anyone even has a chance to figure out what's going. Life, and more than that, civilization could be over at any instant, with only record of humanity possibly just being a gold plate on Voyager, which is itself hurtling out towards those same dangers and just crossed over into interstellar space the other week. And that's maybe one of the least likely ways we could all die at any given time. We've come closer to nuclear armageddon in the last decade with several orders of magnitude of more frequency. Thinking about that? Now come back and play a video game together.

• Why sign at all to start with, then? Or you just had your two daughters this morning and that changed your mind? Do you not realize that you are disrespecting a DM and a few players by saying "I was gonna go, but since X and Y are going, now I won't".

You surely can't be that short sighted.

Anyway, let's end this discussion here before it becomes something that the PL/DM team needs to step in for.

• Eme wrote

@cfd9396871:

All I hear is crying, but suit yourself.

chuckles and shakes head Suit myself?? Errr… I rather spend time with two wonderful daughters than having someone... Point finger calling me "Crying!!!"... seriously ... :lol:

I only meant to state the reason I will not participate - is all *shrugs and now it escalated to some emotional rubbish

• Don't worry.

Be happy.

Don't stand next to Shally.

• All I hear is crying, but suit yourself.

I am sure the people that do go will be happy to live an epic tale to remember and tell, gathering the fitting rewards to a dangerous event that you chose not to be part of. That's just so you can keep crying at them being even higher level and better geared, or making a number about feeling left aside.

• Eme wrote:
    @526a055cbf:

To be fair, I've been joining deadly events on Elaine since she was level 5-6. She's a sorceress without any single damage spell, other than Magic Missile which is pretty much default as level 1 choice, and I've always felt like she's contributed to the cause in her own way.

Good for you Eme!

Eme wrote:
    @526a055cbf:

… in my opinion there is nobody and nothing to blame but one's self esteem. I'd kind of understand it as a noncaster melee character that one would fear to become a liability, but not as a powerful caster like a cleric with so rich and ample variety of lifesaving buffing, protection and healing spells

Kris.. at lvl 5 cleric (not much of a powerful divine caster there) and 3 ranger is a kind of PC I dont really care if she dies or not, other than it would spoil the fun for the party.. yeah feel free click kill her… I dont mind.

The discussion here is not about being able to contribute ( I am fairly comfortable with my RP skills ), its about what fun for everyone, I rather enjoy my time with family than eating the crumbs from from someones elses "gaming" table.

…and by that I believe we closed this discussion

Have fun y'all! Stay safe and dont die 😉

• For my money, I can't get enough of trailing behind power builds and uber equipped people. It's everything I ever dreamed of from NWN.

• To be fair, I've been joining deadly events on Elaine since she was level 5-6. She's a sorceress without any single damage spell, other than Magic Missile which is pretty much default as level 1 choice, and I've always felt like she's contributed to the cause in her own way.

I can tell of an event where she was level 6-8 (can't remember exactly) in which she joined a party that was up against an army of drow with a shadow dragon and Elaine's Hastes on the frontliners made a good difference, as well as saving the life of a couple of feared/stunned allies by making them invisible when they were getting beat on defenseless. And to put a cherry on the cake, she managed to hit a Hold Person on the boss Drow High Priestess that was the leader of the drow warband and was being a tremendous pain in the ass with her spells while being manually controlled by the DM. That put a quick end to all of the problems we were having. In that group there were strong and accomplished characters like Eragor, Albryanna or Lycka, amongst others.

Getting killed in one blow? Well that's the life of a few classes, and for clerics it's not remotely as bad as, say, bards, mages or rogues, which in some cases are not safe from getting instagibbed even at level 15. The thing is not being there to take the blow.

What I'm saying is that when one doesn't feel that her level 7-10 character can make a difference in a non level restricted party, in my opinion there is nobody and nothing to blame but one's self esteem. I'd kind of understand it as a noncaster melee character that one would fear to become a liability, but not as a powerful caster like a cleric with so rich and ample variety of lifesaving buffing, protection and healing spells.

• Gonnar wrote:
    @814de0e713:

I don't believe in level restrictions, except you are aiming for low level events. The reason is that anyone, even a lvl 2, can make the difference in an event, with a good idea, a good RP roll, or simply a timely minor healing spell.

Ofcourse I know that 🙂 but seeing the powerbeasts signing up I as player thought… meh... I wont have any significant role in it Rp nor healing, as Kris healing would not even be noticed in the uber lvl Health bar. I dont think lvl 8 is a low lvl really. I personally think if it is the opinion that lvl 8-9 is a low lvl we are doing something wrong, but thats only what I beleive shrugs. However, for the uberplayer to have fun you need to spawn critters that could kill a lvl 8 in instant blow.

Hence, Kris will quietly reside in the commons hoping and praying everyone comes back alive, and I as player can spend time w family

• I have to abort. Got a thing. Sorry.

• I don't believe in level restrictions, except you are aiming for low level events. The reason is that anyone, even a lvl 2, can make the difference in an event, with a good idea, a good RP roll, or simply a timely minor healing spell.

• I could participate in this event but will not as my PC is only lvl 8, and I have more fun RPing in the commons, than staying in the back "healing" as was suggested to me as player (all with good intentions and I know that 😉 ). Kris is not 100% cleric anyways so her part in this is pretty insignificant anyways.

Good luck everyone!

Suggestion: eventhough I wasnt sure that PC Jonni would approve of Kris going, as stated in the original post it is Jonnis final call wo joins or not, its good to post the lvl restriction from start.So one knows before hand if its any point to make plans for it or not

• I have to drive someone to the airport on sunday morning. Depending on traffic, I might be back in time to join.

• @fd6d9b42fd=AubreyMaturin:

I might be 20 minutes or so late (I'm singing in church that morning), but I will try to make it with either Shesarai or Romulus. It sounds like a pretty high-level party so perhaps Romulus would be better.

If you are 20 min late only, im sure i can give you a port to wherever everyone is 😉

• Diadne was there last time, and she'll try to make it again

• Mark, the Saviour of Towns, make it known to Jonny and all pretty girls around that he is willing to assist in this task.

• I might be 20 minutes or so late (I'm singing in church that morning), but I will try to make it with either Shesarai or Romulus. It sounds like a pretty high-level party so perhaps Romulus would be better.

Login: AubreyMaturin

Characters: Romulus Grey, Bard the bowman
    Trotter, Spooky halfling ranger
    Shesarai Foutopolis, Red-haired cleric of Mystra