NWN2 server "Cormyr"

• ICC

Apologies for advertising something else than Narfell here.

Low magic and slow character progress was something I fell in love with Narfell back in the days. However when I changed from NWN to NWN2 I found that there was no good servers available.

However, I think I have found a server worth of advertisement; Cormyr
    Forgotten Realms Cormyr is now in Open / Live Beta.

Forums address
    http://www.frcormyr.proboards.com/

Direct IP address:
    cormyr.no-ip.org

There are currently 3 old narfell players there; Me, Hephepp and Orlok. All new players are welcome. and if you are lucky, Hepphepp might do some DM'ing for you since he just recently got DM status ';.;'

• I shall give it a go this week, maybe.

• I recently reinstalled NWN and NWn2 on all my machines so I'm now in Cormyr as well. 🙂

• I also find the camera is less smoothy than in NWN1 but using the middle mouse button, as Dredi says, helps a lot. I myself use the exploration mode even when the middle button of my mouse died yesterday, but I never turn the camera around bumping the edge of the screen, I instead use the cursor keys to rotate and the "page up"/"page down" to change the angle.

• Exploration mode is the closest to NWN as you can get… just need to fiddle with it a bit.

• Strategy mode works best for me, I also play on a low magic server called legacy. Be advised there is a third party nwn2 extension which allows you to use the in game server browser without xfire, also try turning the camera with the middle mouse button

• @abb102aa8c=KingCreeper:

There are different camera modes like in NWN1. Push the star key or click the little tabs on your screen.

I've tried adventure, strategy and character modes and all seem equally terrible. I've Googled my complaint, which seems to be a common one, and there are people who have tried to find a compromise with the settings. Maybe there is hope.

• There are different camera modes like in NWN1. Push the star key or click the little tabs on your screen.

• About another 10 minutes in and I think I'm remembering what irked me about this game…

The gat dumn camera and movement controls are the WORST...EVER. It seems jerky, and even slowing down the scroll/spin speed as much as possible still has the camera jerking around 180 degrees just by bumping the edge of the screen.

Is there something perfect storm of options settings I'm missing?

• Just got it, downloading now, thanks!

• @41a4ce63ae=Dermin_Lantaional:

@41a4ce63ae=Dredi:

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/neverwinter_nights_2_complete

No one noticed the link in my last post. 😞

You're right, totally missed it. I used Dredi's. You camouflaged it!

• @e8d855319b=Ace-of-Spades:

I never really gave NWN2 much of a chance. I remember finally pirating a copy a year or two ago and trying it. I think I made it in 10 minutes before I quit because I didn't like the mechanics and interface. Still, didn't give myself much of chance to acclimate to it.

At $10 I might have to download it and give it another try…if my laptop will run it.

EDIT: I just ran a check and surprisingly...I can actually run it, just fine. :?
    Ka-ching!

Yeah the interface sucks, but there's custom UIs on NWvault that are multiplayer friendly that make it more bearable.

• @e15275c8e9=Dredi:

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/neverwinter_nights_2_complete

No one noticed the link in my last post. 😞

• @ea0fc08133=Ace-of-Spades:

I never really gave NWN2 much of a chance. I remember finally pirating a copy a year or two ago and trying it. I think I made it in 10 minutes before I quit because I didn't like the mechanics and interface. Still, didn't give myself much of chance to acclimate to it.

At $10 I might have to download it and give it another try…if my laptop will run it.

Dito

• I never really gave NWN2 much of a chance. I remember finally pirating a copy a year or two ago and trying it. I think I made it in 10 minutes before I quit because I didn't like the mechanics and interface. Still, didn't give myself much of chance to acclimate to it.

EDIT: I just ran a check and surprisingly...I can actually run it, just fine. :?
    Ka-ching!

• Actually I just remembered, mine was a birthday present through Steam because I was struggling to find it. XD

• Yeah it's only 10 bucks on Good Old Games! So cheap I'm rebuying it so I don't have to deal with all my crappy discs.

• They're in GOG and they have a sale discount just for this seasson.

• I cant find it on steam, been looking. May have to check my local bargain bin at the game store sometime.