Trial

• At the begining of the day, Hearld D'Cameron of Norwick asks for the doors of the City Hall to be opened so that everyone can watch the trial of a Chea Allin.

Most of the townfolks aren't that interested in it, and the session begins with not much exéctators.

D'Cameron reads a parchment, looks sideways to Davos and asks, loudly:

• Is the defendant, Chea of Peltarch, here with us today?

• The clerks report to the Herald's office that Chea has paid her fine in full.

//Gold taken today, 30/11/2012 by me, DM Skippy

• Upon the conclusion of the trial, Albry nods her approval before finding her way towards Lycka, a slight smile spread across her face as she exchanges pleasantries.

• As the trial ends, Kasim gathers his cloak around him and departs for the north, not willing to speak to anyone.

• _Sirion gets up and calmly departs, though he shows up later at D'Cameron's office with a fruit basket and a bottle of elven wine.

"It's not my custom to drink alcohol, but I'm told it makes for an excellent apology, so I'm willing to make the exception. I assure you, it's very good, and most likely not poisoned."_

• @5bfe65d25f=Attentus:

I will pay as soon as I have this sum.

((I cannot login at this moment, will do it when i can))

((kk no problem, just ping DM channel when you can))

• I will pay as soon as I have this sum.

((I cannot login at this moment, will do it when i can))

• The guard delivers the mesage that is quickly read by D'Cameron. She shoots a hard look around the room, specially at the many wizards that watch the proceedings. The tip of the note meets the flame of a candle near her, before tossed into the ground where it burns untill there's nothing but ashes:

• Chea Alin, you broke Norwick's law and shall suffer the consequences of your actions:

Regarding the acusation of Casting of Offensive Magic in Town

Casting spells in town which do harm as per Assault, or which hinder victims in their lives, which are not purely positive protections or enhancements or healing, is illegal, eg. Darkness, Fireball, Dispel, except in the case of defending oneself or Norwick from presently occurring violent attacks. Members of the Norwick Militia are exempt from this law for the purposes of subduing and lawfully punishing offenders. This law is waived during Fight Night upon the Fairgrounde.

I find you guilty. When Ronan, Peltarch Senator andd Professor in Spellweaver was found guilty of the same crime, he received a large fine, but the nature and results of his spells were much more intense. You will receive the same sentence Kasim did that day, your actions were an equal breach of our law. A fine of 200 gold.

Regarding using Invisibility in Town

Being magically invisible or Ethereal in Town, in public, is illegal, except when escaping from illegal violent attacks on oneself or on Norwick. Members of the Norwick Militia are exempt from this law.

I find you guilty.

And you are also guilty of Resisting or Fleeing Arrest

Physically striking, grappling, or wrestling with the arresting official, or using magic to achieve the same means, in order to avoid lawful detainment constitutes Resisting Arrest. Successfully resisting arrest and/or escaping from the scene of an attempted arrest by a Norwick official entitled to do so constitutes Fleeing Arrest.

Since the invisibility was used as a means to scape, I don't see a reason for you to receive two convictions on account of them. So, for these two crimes, you'll have to pay a fine of 350 golg coins.

The 550 fine must be delivered to Norwick within 10 days, starting tomorrow.

And since we have both represntatives of Peltarch and The Spellweaver in here today, I'd like it to be known that we do not like the intrusion on our business, by Peltarch Employees nor by good intended mages and sorcerers.

I declare this session over. Any complaints or appeals may be delivered to my office, within 10 days, starting tomorrow.

She collects her things of the table, and leaves, with a displeasing look on her face.

• ICC

// I suppose I should note that it's not Varia at the trial. It is the woman that was charmed that is in fact here. Constantine Blackgate.

• _Quietly, Sirion whispers to Elessar.

"Pay attention, and see that Maria's student, the young girl, does the same. There are a few lessons here, regarding the application of magic. Mainly that its results are secondary to the reaction of the people."

"Every action has a consequence. Cause and effect. It weighs on us all. Chea is experiencing the effects of her own actions…Kasim has yet to feel his. But neither is in isolation from the rest of the world. This may easily affect you and me both."

"Were that my own lazy disciple was present. This would be a good one for him as well. For "talented" sorcerors, I can think of no better lesson."_

• Yes, I broke law to protect someone from Mind assault. It's least amount of force i could use to prevent troubles.

• Elessar walks in quietly taking a place next to Sirion. Looking around the room he makes individual eye contact with D'Cameron, Chea, Kasim, Varia, Kezia, Lycka. Whispering quietly with Sirion he catches up quickly with the proceedings. He then continues to watch in silence as the proceeding unfold.

• _Sirion quietly inscribes a letter then hands it to a guard, whispering.

"I respectfully request you to please deliver this to the Herald. I do not wish to otherwise disturb the proceedings."_

• -Maybe I should have emphatized the word other instead of facts. I'm well aware of what both spells are, Mister Kasim. Please, hold back your urge to try and educate everyone around you.

• Chea? I'm still waiting for your answer.

• A dwarf in the corner snort-chortles at this point in the proceedings.

• Yes I do, two facts actually.

For the record, seeing as this… unchained sorceress... has a certain misunderstanding of magic. Hold Person is a mind-affecting spell just as Charm Person is, they are not different as she claims.

Furthermore I feel the need to emphasise the fact that I had only cast a single spell, then merely stood there speaking whilst the accused constantly cast spells at me as I calmly spoke.

Kasim now sits with a slight smile.

• D'Camerom takes a long breath before speaking:

• First, I ask the audience to try and remain in silence, please.

• Then, I must remember that Mister Kasin's ofence was already dealt with by the guards and that we are here only because of Chea's conduct. Bearing that in mind, Mister Kasim, do you have any other fact to add to this?

• And Chea, am I correct to say you do not deny that the facts took place as it is informed: you saw someone casting spells inside town, and decided to act, and when aprouched by the guard, you casted the invisibility spell and left?

• Kasim rises, then waits politely, clearly having something to say.

• It did look like Charm Person spell, which is offensive, as it attacks Mind with lasting consequences. I tried to protect that woman with nonlethal, non Mind-invasive Hold Person spell, which does not involve change of Mind state, and potentially insanity. This is Selune's Law to protect people from this kind of harm.

Perhaps he felt threatened, but he abusively attacked with magic instead of leaving quietly. Abuse of Magic has consequences. Perhaps next time he will use voice and call guards instead of attacking.

• The young elf simply looks to Kasim then to the woman that made the remark curiously then back to those running the trial and waits to see what will come of it with open curiosity.