Oh gods, what did I get myself into?

• Hi, everyone!

I've been lurking over Jerrick's shoulder for a few months now, and finally got the guts to make an account and see what the hub-bub is about. I'm in my ninth year of roleplaying, and I'm finally ready to get back into some adventures after a year-and-a-half hiatus. I'm currently working on getting my hands on a reliable enough system to play the game, so for now I'm stuck with just lurking the forums and working on my first character. But hey, that means when I can finally jump in I'll be set with a fully built character and ready to go! Can't wait to get into the game and have some fun!

• Like late to an event!

• Hehehehe, I've been called worse!

• ICC

Welcome to the cult…...ure of the Narfell....

dresscode to follow...

I`d warn you to watch out for Jerrick, but he beat us out by recruiting RL!

Punk thinks he`s so smart...

Mkable

• I got my character built a little while ago, and got it made in-game. I've been aimlessly poking around for a while now just getting the feel of how stuff operates. I think I'm gonna be just fine. 😄 Thanks for the help! Hope to see you IG sometime!

• Hello. We'll try not to scare you off too fast. I play a character of a prickly disposition but I'm a rather nice guy myself. I'm always happy to talk story and give advice when I'm in game.

Don't forget about the character portraits.
    http://www.narfell.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=46553

They're the only overrides I really recommend. Just down load them and unzip them into a folder called Portraits in your NWN folder. Now, it'll make things go kind of slow if it's an old machine when it comes time to make a character, but you'll have plenty of pretty to pick from once it does.

As for making a character…I'm a story guy. While my knowledge of the Realms is less than some and more than others...I concentrate on who my character is first and foremost. And I'm not talking classes or Ability scores. For me, knowing who the character is makes everything else candy. What they want, what they love, what they hate, what their willing to fight for, and what they're willing to die for.

• xD That's definitely a comfort. I read up on as much as I could on the wiki and based some of my character's history off of what was there just to give myself a launching point. I'm all done and about to post it, so please feel free to give me any and all feedback once it's up. I'd really appreciate it, and thank y'all so much for all the help you've given me already. ❤ It feels good to be back, man!

• Legion

Don't be intimidated by the amount of history the server has. Easiest thing to do is set your back story somewhere outside Narfell then learn it all in character.

Some of us didn't even put that much work in. When I started the only concept I had for my PC was 'Wears glasses, loves crossbows' 🙂

• One more guinea p…. errr player...... Good :twisted:

• Thank you for posting that. I've been flipping through profiles getting a feel for how other people have put their characters together, and I wasn't sure if I should post mine in there first.

• Don't forget to check this forum here: http://www.narfell.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=30

By writing your character's background story you can get some XP that will help you lots in your early levels.
    😉

• Huzzah! The game works! Putting the finishing touches on my first character now. I knew getting the jump on it would pay off. xD I'll probably end up jumping in at some point within the next couple of days.

• 😄 Thank you very much! It's nice to finally find a steady storyline with genuinely nice people after such a long time out of practice.

Oh my… I'll definitely remember that... shifty eyes

• Welcome!! Always nice to see more people around 🙂
    Appart of asking Jerrick, feel free to ask anyone else too when he's not around to help 😜

((Except to DM Black Rider, you better don't ask him… he's nuts I've heard..))

• That sounds like a solid plan to me. Jerrick's been giving me the general rundown of the areas and a feel for how things work, and reading through the wiki's helping a lot. I think I've got a basic idea for a back story and small details to get myself started. Thank you for the advice! I definitely appreciate it.

GAME. Y U NO INSTALL FASTER? rageface

• Narfell is a server with a LOT of history.

The best suggestion I can give to you, is to make a character who was based in another area of Faerun, and have them get off the boat in either Peltarch or Norwick, then play tourist. There's plenty of lovely people who will explain things as you go.

• Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. ❤

I do have a small question, though. I'm working on a character right now so I'm ready to go once I get the game installed (the disc didn't work, but Jerrick's helping me get a copy installed as we speak). I've been flipping through the FAQ, wiki pages and IGN articles on the game, but I can't quite figure out where to even start on this fracking character. The sheer volume of back story and information on this server is making me a wee bit dizzy.

• Welcome! Hope to see you IG soon. 🙂

• Legion

G'day! Welcome to Hotel Narfell.

• returns the evil grin I'm overjoyed to be here.